Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Derek Anderson Losses It In Post Game Press Conference

UltimateSkins

Lol, both of those are funny, but sad. Arizona is one of the most pitiful teams of all of the US professional sports teams. They've won about 6 (maybe just five) post-season games in 90 years.

Once Warner retired, it was pretty obvious that they would go (back) downhill.

Fitz, if you want to follow Boldin out, no one will blame you. ;)

I know as a Skins fan, I hate it when we are getting our asses handed to us and the network pans over to the our sideline and a few players are playing grab ass, laughing, or even smiling. When I see it it makes me feel like I care more about the game then they do. I've always wanted someone to explain what the hell is so funny or more important then watching the game.

Derek Anderson got caught looking like he could care less and became defensive. He is a millionaire and part of his job is to answer the questions after the game, (God knows if he was paid to win games he'd be broke).

I actually don't blame Anderson. I think he was probably even making a joke about himself or the situation, like laughing at a funeral, you know you've done it.

Personally, I think nailing guys who are "laughing on the sidelines" is a little over the top. Fact is, none of us know the context. Really, it is more an issue for the coaching staff than it is for us.

What I saw in that clip was a guy who had reached the breaking point in a frustrating season. Not much has gone right for Anderson, who may be looking for a job next year.

I actually don't blame Anderson. I think he was probably even making a joke about himself or the situation, like laughing at a funeral, you know you've done it.

Sometimes laughter can help someone get through a tough situation, we all cope with stress differently, just ask Donovan McNabb :)

I don't blame Derrick Anderson at all.

It's unfair what ESPN is doing to sports these days.

I agree.
Personally, I think nailing guys who are "laughing on the sidelines" is a little over the top. Fact is, none of us know the context. Really, it is more an issue for the coaching staff than it is for us.

What I saw in that clip was a guy who had reached the breaking point in a frustrating season. Not much has gone right for Anderson, who may be looking for a job next year.

Sometimes laughter can help someone get through a tough situation, we all cope with stress differently, just ask Donovan McNabb :)

I don't blame Derrick Anderson at all.

It's unfair what ESPN is doing to sports these days.

I don't understand how these reporters don't get punched in the face every day.

Pretty much agree with all these. I heard the clip on the Junkies this morning and one those idiots was trying to defend the reporter....no, reporter was being a complete dbag. Sports journalism has gone too far lately, I agree ESPN is hurting the product overall and turning sports in soap operas for men. I miss the days when football players were known for playing on Sundays and their off field indiscretions stayed private.

That reporter is an idiot. People deal with stress and disappointment and frustration in different ways.

Hell, some people laugh when they're scared.

I wish Anderson kicked his *** Andre Johnson style. It's apparent that guy has NEVER played a team sport.

Reporters hide behind the "doing my job" banner after trying to make the news instead of report it. That guy could have shut his mouth and not provoked Anderson but he knew it would be more "newsworthy" to egg him on. Douchebaggery. The question deserved asking but the continued probe after being given a flat-out answer was a fine example of this problem.

Also- I hate when people loss it. ;)

If you look at the clip of him laughing, it was almost like he was laughing in a disgusted manner. Probably was talking about how much this stinks or something and laughed about it. Pretty stupid for the questioner to bring it up, since you see it pretty much in every game.

i honestly dont see it as much of a problem really. i mean, a football player has to have a sense of humor in certain situations, like when they're losing. they probably know that that certain game got out of hand and theres nothing they can do but try harder next time. you cant just sit there on the sidelines wishing you were dead. i think many of these players joke about it cause thats all they can really do when losing 24-6 in the 4th quarter.

Apparently I am in the minority. I think the reporter was asking a question which calls for a simple answer. DA took offense and acted like he was trying to hide something.

Reporter: "Why were you laughing on the sideline in a game where you are getting smoked?"

DA: "I was frustrated with the game and how nothing seems to be going right this season. Just trying to make light of the situation. I apologize if it was taken any other way. "

Easy, huh? Be a professional DA. Not a toddler in need of a diaper change.

Apparently I am in the minority. I think the reporter was asking a question which calls for a simple answer. DA took offense and acted like he was trying to hide something.

It didn't seem to me like he was trying to hide something as much as he may have just forgotten that he laughed at anything because he wasn't feeling good and he was pissed about the game.

It's like when you have one of those long ***** days at work or school, then I come up a few hours later and say, "Hey, what were you giggling about?"

Most of us forget little stuff like that within minutes. My wife asks me every day, "What happened at work today," and inevitably I say, "Nothing," even though a ton of crap and jokes and stuff went on.

The guy probably too offense to it because if I got reamed at work for making a mistake and then someone else walks up and says I'm not taking my job seriously enough, I'd ******* blast them for it too. Especially when it's not even a coworker.

**** the reporter, he was being a ****. It wasn't the question, it was the continuous prodding after the initial question, and when it was obvious Anderson took offense to the inference that he was lackadaisical about his work.

Besides, the reporter could have asked the question another way also, AND he's not under any emotional stress of standing up in front of 30 people to answer questions about a football game he just lost. The ***clown has a good 2 hours to figure out what he's going to ask. He was trying to piss off Anderson, that much was pretty obvious.

It didn't seem to me like he was trying to hide something as much as he may have just forgotten that he laughed at anything because he wasn't feeling good and he was pissed about the game.

It's like when you have one of those long ***** days at work or school, then I come up a few hours later and say, "Hey, what were you giggling about?"

Most of us forget little stuff like that within minutes. My wife asks me every day, "What happened at work today," and inevitably I say, "Nothing," even though a ton of crap and jokes and stuff went on.

The guy probably too offense to it because if I got reamed at work for making a mistake and then someone else walks up and says I'm not taking my job seriously enough, I'd ******* blast them for it too. Especially when it's not even a coworker.

**** the reporter, he was being a ****. It wasn't the question, it was the continuous prodding after the initial question, and when it was obvious Anderson took offense to the inference that he was lackadaisical about his work.

Besides, the reporter could have asked the question another way also, AND he's not under any emotional stress of standing up in front of 30 people to answer questions about a football game he just lost. The ***clown has a good 2 hours to figure out what he's going to ask. He was trying to piss off Anderson, that much was pretty obvious.

Your point is very valid. I just think the difference is that DA is paid to be a professional in addition to a football player. Part of his job as a starting QB for a professional football team is to answer questions. He denied laughing at first. Maybe he forgot? Understood. But, when you are being reminded of the event, you will remember. He should of acted professional.

DA needs to understand that reporters are asking questions that they feel the public wants to know or have clarified. He isn't picking on him. Don't like the question, kindly decline to answer. The kicking and screaming was embarrasing and over the top.

Reporter: "Why were you laughing on the sideline in a game where you are getting smoked?"

DA: "I was frustrated with the game and how nothing seems to be going right this season. Just trying to make light of the situation. I apologize if it was taken any other way."

But then the reporter goes on to ask why he's trying to make light of a situation where he "should be serious"

DA shouldn't have to apologize if someone with absolutely no connection to the team gets butthurt because he was laughing on the sideline.

He should of acted professional.

DA needs to understand that reporters are asking questions that they feel the public wants to know or have clarified. He isn't picking on him. Don't like the question, kindly decline to answer. The kicking and screaming was embarrasing and over the top.

He answered it. He said "what was said on the sideline is between me and Deuce."

The reporter should have dropped the line of questioning there. He was acting like he was a coach about to bench DA. If you're calling for DA to act professional, then the reporter has to act professional too.

Archived