Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter: Redskinsblog - Redskins waive Joey Galloway

DixieFlatline

I really like the way this FO takes their time and plans out every move. This move very well could have been made at week 3, but they waited...giving Galloway a chance and letting the young guys actually learn the play book before getting thrown to the fire. I think Shanny and Allen will do a great job with this team.

Austin must've really stepped it up in practice lately... I know the popular thing is to bash Galloway now, but aside from worrying about what the cool kids are saying, he was a savvy vet and just had one of his best games against the Titans.

To me, this means either Banks or Austin really got the position down now, which is great news! I think it's funny people think the coaches just liked Galloway for absolutely no reason, though. He was a good locker room presence and I'm sure he's one of the reasons Banks/Austin are improving as WRs faster than Devin Thomas ever did in three years!

Another thing this speaks to is Santana Moss' injury. Looks like it might not really be much of a concern. :)

Actually, Galloway is one of the few guys we could cut that gets to really choose what team he's going to play for (he does not have to clear waivers). Don't be surprised that if Austin doesn't kick ass or a WR goes on IR while we still are in the hunt that we re-sign him.

Can't say that I'm surprised by this move. When Galloway lost his starting job to Anthony Armstrong, it wasn't because of Armstrong emergence in the offense. It was because of Galloway's lack of production. Galloway's true highlight was a 62 yard reception in the Houston game in week 2. I doubt if it has anything to do with his age because Galloway did make the 53 man roster at the end of pre season. It's better to release him now and give a Terrance Austin his long awaited chance since they spent a 7th round draft pick on him.That dropped pass against the Eagles two weeks ago was probably the reason Galloway was let go.

The circle of life in the NFL. It was about time. Galloway just literally had no future here. Let's get the young blood some snaps.

I suspect that this might mean that Galloway's job was completed. He was brought in as the 2nd WR until the #3 broke from the pack to lay claim to #2 (or no other WR emerged). Once Galloway fell to a number 3, his days were numbered as his only long-term hope would have been to push out Moss. Looking back, I think that among the major reasons he made the squad was disappointing showings by Thomas and Kelly along with the fact that Armstrong looked solid but the coaches were not yet sure he could step up to the #2 slot.

GIVE ME A SOURCE! I would love this to be the case, but are you just speculating? C'mon now.

Russellmania09 Chris Russell

Looks like the plan is to start Will Montgomery at center, and try & get by without having to use Casey Rabach much, if at all. #redskins

and also.....

#Redskins CB Carlos Rogers is set to return as well tomorrow for the #Vikings. Just got a confirmation on that.

It's things like this that's made me question the coaching staff. I mean granted there have been many culprits for our offensive struggles...bad O-line play....Questionable throws...On and off running game...

But you mean to tell me that you see your Quarterback struggling with one particular receiver...12 catches out of 38 targets(31% completion-catch rate), and you wait until week 11? Better late than never but man.....

I hope to see some good things from Terrence Austin. This isn't pre-season so he's not off the hook yet...but he's shown potential. He can either have a slow start in the beginning like Armstrong, or he can hit the ground running. Hopefully it's the latter, and hopefully he's a gem and not just some random 7th round talent

Looks like the plan is to start Will Montgomery at center, and try & get by without having to use Casey Rabach much, if at all. #redskins

Alright now, you guys are going to make me cry. We cut Galloway, plan on not starting Rabach, and sign two hungry young guys (Austin and Davis) to the offense to see what they have? I don't know what's going on today, but I think I saw some birds singing my song and draping ribbon around my house.

136039-bigthumbnail.jpg

Archived