Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter: Redskinsblog - Redskins waive Joey Galloway

DixieFlatline

Coming out of presaeson, i actually felt that Auststin should have made the roster over Armstrong. Im just glad they decided to keep both. Not really sure how much longer Santana will be around (hopefully atleast anothr season or 2) but if MKelly pans out as the Shannys envision him to, then we should be set at wideout for the forseeable future.

Let us remember the good career Galloway has had. From 1995-1998 Galloway posted 4 straight 1,000 yard seasons. From 2005-2007 he posted 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons. For his career he has 700 catches for over 10,000 yards and 77 touchdowns. There is no denying what Joey Galloway has done in this league, and I think he deserves some respect.

However, we have to be honest and admit that he has done nothing in this league since 2007, and in particular he has done nothing for this franchise. His career is effectively over. Props to Galloway on all his accomplishments, but it is time for the Redskins to move on.

As for Austin, he has proven nothing yet. We can hope that he is good and wish him the best, but beyond that, we can only speculate.

I love the move. Been really wanting to see what Austin can do on the field, now's his opportunity. Another plus, this team just got younger at the WR and RB positions and the season isn't even over yet. Doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be better, but it's a step in the right direction. Great moves.

When the Seattle Seahawks made Joey Galloway the 8th overall pick in the 1995 NFL Draft, Terrence Austin was... six years old.

SIX!

That's crazy!

I was watching some highlights today on the NFL channel and I had completely forgot that Terrell Owens played on the 49'ers with Steve Young. They won a Super Bowl.

Also, if they thought Santana wouldn't play tomorrow, they wouldn't have cut Galloway IMO.

Couldn't go into tomorrow with Armstrong, Banks and TA as your top 3.

This move, if anything, shows that

a) Terrence has made good progress in this offense

B) Banks could be slowed a little with that knee

We'll find out tomorrow.

Archived