Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel about Rabach's injury now?

WhoRUSupposed2Be

I'm sad to see any of our players hurt but I'm glad that Montgomery will now get reps at C. I also think Shanny should be looking at Lichtenburglar or anyone else with C experience - may the best man win.

Here's to a speedy recovery for Casey. We can use his leadership on the sideline and in mentoring his replacement.

Shouldn't the thread title be changed? Rabach has not suffered a season ending injury as of right now. We don't know when he will be back.

Agreed.

Shanny being Shanny said Rabach could be back as early as this week but most likely will miss one or two games.

It's a MCL sprain, not a meniscus tear. They don't know yet how long he'll be sidelined and he might be healthy enough to play vs. the Vikings.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/stephon-heyer/injuries-will-mean-practice-ad.html#more

Coach Mike Shanahan revealed that C Casey Rabach suffered a second-degree MCL tear during the Redskins' Week 11 win over the Titans.

I want to see if Big Monty can play at C for Sunday vs the Vikings. Hopefully its not a flash in the pan performance, but damn..he looked better than Casey has for most of the season. Never wish injury to anyone, but for the patchwork Oline that was put together this past Sunday, it looked like one of the best we've had all season.

Go Monty !

I guess you're right. I could have sworn that I read a correction last night that mentioned it was a second-degree MCL sprain, not a meniscus tear.

Well a sprain is technically a tear, just a minor one

I sprained my mcl last year during baseball workouts and I only missed a week (mainly cuz I didn't feel like practicing cuz it doesn't feel that bad lol)

I'm more interested to know whether Stephon Heyer is getting a crash course on playing guard. Because when thrown in there, he looked really good. His biggest weakness at tackle seems to be lateral quickness, which is barely a factor at guard. They may have stumbled upon his natural position with all the injuries Sunday.

That may be true, but I was unsettled after reading a Heyer quote in the Redskins Insider portion of the Post where he basically said this was definitely not reflective of a position change for him. As much as I was encouraged based on how well I heard he performed at guard, I'd hate to think he starts creating problems because he thinks he should be a tackle instead even if he is a more natural guard in the NFL.

On a separate note, should we finally bring up Selvish Capers before someone pulls a Seahawks on us and nabs him off of our practice squad?

That may be true, but I was unsettled after reading a Heyer quote in the Redskins Insider portion of the Post where he basically said this was definitely not reflective of a position change for him. As much as I was encouraged based on how well I heard he performed at guard, I'd hate to think he starts creating problems because he thinks he should be a tackle instead even if he is a more natural guard in the NFL.

On a separate note, should we finally bring up Selvish Capers before someone pulls a Seahawks on us and nabs him off of our practice squad?

If Heyer is given the choice of playing guard or stacking shelves at WallMart I think he wll embrace the position very quickly.

Even though I am not a fan of Rabachs I hope he gets well soon... so he can backup Montgomery. Definitely won't shed any tears over this one. I honestly think that Rabachs dirty tactics did nothing but motivate opposing D-Lineman to play harder. Can't wait to see what Montgomery can do.

On a side note: Did anyone see that play in what I believe was the 1st quarter where there was a bit of a pile up after a run or something and Rabach looked to be pulling on one of the Titans DLinemans leg or arm. After like 2 seconds another Titan D-Lineman ran over and pushed Rabach off. This is the kind of **** that does more harm to our team then good. You know what they say... karmas a *****.

Archived