Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel about Rabach's injury now?

WhoRUSupposed2Be

I didn't know it was season-ending either and I certainly don't want anyone to get hurt, but I am curious to see if Will Montgomery can adapt to the position.

It's a MCL sprain, not a meniscus tear. They don't know yet how long he'll be sidelined and he might be healthy enough to play vs. the Vikings.

It's definitely a tear, but Shanahan hasn't speculated (to my knowledge) how long he'll be out.

Shanny said yesterday he was day to day and maybe worst case out two weeks. When did this become season ending?

I'd ideally like to see Montgomery get a long look anway but it would be nice to have Rabach for depth or in case Monty turn out to be a one game wonder.

I didn't know it was season-ending either and I certainly don't want anyone to get hurt, but I am curious to see if Will Montgomery can adapt to the position.

It's definitely a tear, but Shanahan hasn't speculated (to my knowledge) how long he'll be out.

I guess you're right. I could have sworn that I read a correction last night that mentioned it was a second-degree MCL sprain, not a meniscus tear.

I'm more interested to know whether Stephon Heyer is getting a crash course on playing guard. Because when thrown in there, he looked really good. His biggest weakness at tackle seems to be lateral quickness, which is barely a factor at guard. They may have stumbled upon his natural position with all the injuries Sunday.

Coach Mike Shanahan revealed that C Casey Rabach suffered a second-degree MCL tear during the Redskins' Week 11 win over the Titans.

Shanahan didn't offer a timetable for return, or say whether Rabach would need surgery

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=2219&line=191875&spln=1

for what it is worth, I never want a player to have an injury and wish him the best. To be honest, the play at center and the center of the line was much better with him out. At full health he has not been effective on the line and at partial health would be a disaster,

for what it is worth, I never want a player to have an injury and wish him the best. To be honest, the play at center and the center of the line was much better with him out. At full health he has not been effective on the line and at partial health would be a disaster,

Pretty much. It really really sucks that one of our own players had to get hurt for us to see this...but I'm not crying over it.

I think I wasnt alone when I said "yes" when he went out of the game sunday...I know it is wrong but damn...he sucks and pissed me off to no end every time I saw him 3-5 yards in the backfield. I just dont see what the coaches saw in him, ever............are they blind? IDK

Shanny said several times yesterday that this sort of injury doesn't keep a player out for more than 2 weeks. He even references a few players on our O-line who had a tear and played the next week.

Whoever starts at C is going to have a hell of a week. The Vikings interior line is probably the best in football still.

I've never done this before, but I'ma calling for the OP to be BANNED for falsely getting the collective hopes of a fan base up with his thread title, only to be greeted with a "OH YOU ******!" , or words to that effect when they enter the thread.

That was a low down measly trick man, darn you.

(Half) joking aside, Montgomery should keep the gig PERIOD! Even if he turns out to be a one game wonder, at the very least, it will see the back of a man that ranks as bad as anyone we've ever had snapping the ball.

Hail.

It's one thing to come in and play well, it's another to start and play well when the opposing team has a week to prepare and study film. Rabach does indeed suck, but people are getting too excited about Montgomery, although I do like the idea of converting a guard to center. I just want a guard that is a borderline starter at that position to convert.

It's one thing to come in and play well, it's another to start and play well when the opposing team has a week to prepare and study film. Rabach does indeed suck, but people are getting too excited about Montgomery, although I do like the idea of converting a guard to center. I just want a guard that is a borderline starter at that position to convert.

I'm pretty sure Montgomery played Center his last two years at VT.

It's one thing to come in and play well, it's another to start and play well when the opposing team has a week to prepare and study film. Rabach does indeed suck, but people are getting too excited about Montgomery, although I do like the idea of converting a guard to center. I just want a guard is a borderline starter at that position to convert.

He was a center up until his senior year at Virginia Tech, I believe.

Archived