Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EW.Com: Next Batman movie title released and other info.

ECU-ALUM

From the L.A. Times:

‎"Nolan was most eager to talk about the fact that Warner Bros. had agreed with his argument that the film should resist the current 3-D craze and instead use high-definition approaches and IMAX cameras to strike out on a different cinemat...(tharr be more)ic path than the stereoscopic technology that, for better or worse, has become the dominant conversation in the blockbuster sector."

Man crush: activated.

From the L.A. Times:

‎"Nolan was most eager to talk about the fact that Warner Bros. had agreed with his argument that the film should resist the current 3-D craze and instead use high-definition approaches and IMAX cameras to strike out on a different cinemat...(tharr be more)ic path than the stereoscopic technology that, for better or worse, has become the dominant conversation in the blockbuster sector."

Man crush: activated.

Same here. I saw The Dark Knight in IMAX and the scenes filmed in that were pretty money. Personally, I'd rather pay more for that than 3D any day.

Couldn't figure out the Riddler in Nolan's universe anyway, love that their going to get Catwoman in there. Don't know if you can have a movie with her as the only villian since she's a lone wolf, not the kingpin badasses like the Joker or Ra's al Ghul. Even if you have Bats caught up with Cats, you still gotta have someone trying to destroy or take over Gotham to make the movie at least as action-packed as the first two Nolan films, like a pissed Mr. Freeze or something...

but that's just my opinion ; )

Well, he's dead now, right? Unless he rises from the grave.

My assumption was that Gordon could have stashed him away. I mean, he fell - its not like he was blow'ed up. Technically, of all the villians thus far in the Nolan Batmans, only Ra's al Ghul has definatively been killed.

Also, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Catwoman was necessarily involved just because there will be a female figure in TDKR.

A much more interesting rumor I heard was Philip Seymour Hoffman as Penguin.

My assumption was that Gordon could have stashed him away. I mean, he fell - its not like he was blow'ed up. Technically, of all the villians thus far in the Nolan Batmans, only Ra's al Ghul has definatively been killed.

Also, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Catwoman was necessarily involved just because there will be a female figure in TDKR.

I think there was a rumor about Hoffman being in TDK as Penguin when it was all speculation there as well.

As far as the villian the problem here is that, no matter what, they are going to be viewed through the lense of Ledger's Joker, which is essentially a no win situation. I'm sure Nolan will create an excellent film and whoever the main villian is will be done very well...but you simply can't top The Joker from TDK.

Hopefully this Batman franchise doesn't eventually go through the redo process again. When do we get to see a Knightfall storyline? They're already remaking Superman again. Can't exactly start off with Superman vs Doomsday.

Hell yea. Perfect guy to play Penguin.

Hopefully he'll actually be a criminal, and not a crazy deformed Danny Devito.

Couldn't figure out the Riddler in Nolan's universe anyway, love that their going to get Catwoman in there.
Same for Catwoman. Can she please be an actual thief instead of a crazy cat person?

I have faith in Nolan's Gotham. Not that crap where they turn Bane into a friggin plant monster.

Two Face is dead. According to the shooting script, his neck broke after he fell at the end, and it's confirmed by Aaron Eckhart.

I'd love to see a secondary badass female villain (maybe a Catwoman or Harley sans Joker, or Talia al Ghul), and then I'd love to see Black Mask or the Penguin as the main villains. Black Mask is the anti-Bruce Wayne (rich but wants to do bad), and he has a badass black skull imprinted on his face. The Penguin could be an upper level gangster with a thing for penguins and some sort of psychological disorder that parallels his comic book state, maybe a hardcore Napoleon complex.

I think there was a rumor about Hoffman being in TDK as Penguin when it was all speculation there as well. .

Nolan said a long time ago that he wasn't going to use The Penguin in a film:

http://blog.moviefone.com/2006/10/14/chris-nolan-says-no-to-the-penguin/

"I'd be more excited to have Philip Seymour Hoffman in the film than to have the Penguin. There are certain characters that are easier to mesh with the more real take on Batman we're doing. The Penguin would be tricky."
Two Face is dead. According to the shooting script, his neck broke after he fell at the end, and it's confirmed by Aaron Eckhart.

This. Two Face is dead as dead can be. He served his role for the overall story arch of The Dark Knight, and that's it.

You guys are all overlooking the news a few weeks ago that Nolan cast Tom Hardy (one of the lead guys from Inception) to play a lead role in this Batman film:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70690

Deadline is reporting that Tom Hardy is reuniting with Inception helmer Christopher Nolan for the untitled third Batman movie.

"Insiders are keeping the role secret and won't even say if he's up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption," says the site.

• 2 weeks later...

IGN: Who are Batman 3's leading ladies?

Six beautiful actresses are reportedly under consideration for the two unspecified female leads in The Dark Knight Rises.

Deadline claims "one of the roles is a love interest for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, and the other is a villain." The six actresses are Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley, Anne Hathaway, Naomi Watts, Rachel Weisz and Blake Lively.

alg_actress_natalie-portman.jpg

keira-knightley-shop-til-you-drop-january-2010-3.jpg

anne_hathaway.jpg

naomi-watts.jpg

rachel+weisz+gallery.jpg

blake-lively.jpg

:D:D

:beavisnbutthead::beavisnbutthead:

I heard that the original plot for this movie would involve the Harley Quinn. But since there's no Joker anymore, I guess they're not going to do it. :/ It's a shame. But I am curious about these female villains. My mind first goes to Catwoman, which to me is preferable to Poison Ivy.

And I am disappointed that it sounds like the Riddler won't be making an appearance. When I was a kid I always preferred him to the Joker.

Dude that article came out BEFORE the Dark knight

I said it was from awhile ago, but do you really think anything has changed since then? The Penguin just isn't a very plausible character in Nolan's Gotham universe.

It hasn't been officially confirmed, but Tom Hardy (from Inception) is going to play a villain in this next film. So pencil in a villain who fits the description of a 5'10'' muscular guy. Not the Penguin.

I think there was a rumor about Hoffman being in TDK as Penguin when it was all speculation there as well.

As far as the villian the problem here is that, no matter what, they are going to be viewed through the lense of Ledger's Joker, which is essentially a no win situation. I'm sure Nolan will create an excellent film and whoever the main villian is will be done very well...but you simply can't top The Joker from TDK.

I certainly agree with the point about Ledger's joker, amazing character, amazing acting. However, when you move to a new villain there is a whole other point of view. Maybe there is an actor or actress out there who connects with the next villain the way ledger did with the Joker. Its possible but it will take one of the greatest performances of all time to top Ledger's joker.

I said it was from awhile ago, but do you really think anything has changed since then? The Penguin just isn't a very plausible character in Nolan's Gotham universe.

It hasn't been officially confirmed, but Tom Hardy (from Inception) is going to play a villain in this next film. So pencil in a villain who fits the description of a 5'10'' muscular guy. Not the Penguin.

I think you could do a Penguin, but he'd just be a really rich and powerful dude in a penguin suit aka tuxedo. He'd sort of be like Spider-Man's Kingpin, a man descended from an aristocratic line of robber barons, a sleek and blood thirsty mafia overlord... or something like that.

But...

I never imagined this guy :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSZU93iUKyZJUSfKrMa90Cf2J_i6OZAXHAcwJLT7xpA8Wq4dNx

Playing this character:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGvYzIDCynJ3YQNiAif8TMo9yWC9GBId-QCO1lsWQrqolDu-Ic

Archived