Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did We Really Expect McNabb To Change??

armada58

This is the same QB we've been watching for the last 11 years in Philly. The same guy who can't win a big game. The same guy who looks HORRIBLE for long stretches. The same guy who comes up small when the lights shine the brightest.

2 minutes to go. 3 time outs. Ball in his hands. What do we get?? (short pass, sack, incomplete, and meaningless deep pass into double coverage..... 4 and out!) We get the same thing that has driven Eagles fans crazy for years. The same thing we used to laugh about from afar for years. Only now we own it. Their long, arduous trek of continual frustation has become our reality. I mean, come on!! He had 144 yards passing before the last 2 drives!!

Look..... Is he better than Campbell, or Brunnel, or Ramsey, or any of the other putrid QB's we've had in the last 2 decades? Yes, he is. He is the best QB we've had in a long time. However, because we are starved for a great QB, doesn't mean we should just be happy with what we got because it's better than what we've had.

We're 3-3 because of our defense. McNabb is killing us. For every great, sack-escaping play he makes there are 5 other passes that make you shake your head.

I hope Shanahan knows what he's doing with this guy. I haven't been impressed yet. I'm VERY wary of signing him long term, and I know I'm in the minority with that opinion.

Still happy to be 3-3, though. Gotta beat The Bears!

The guy was what...2 points away from getting that superbowl? Manning can't win big games either right? He has had plenty of games that he brought his team back in, we of all people should remember what he could do in Philly. He doesn't choke...sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. We've had 5/6 games come down to the wire. We have won 3 of them and lost 2 of them. I think he's doing alright, especially given the talent he's surrounded by.

Holy crap, where are these posters coming from????

"We're 3-3 cause of our defense"?????? Have you WATCHED this year? The last ranked D in the NFL?

We'd be 0-6 with Jason at the helm. DM5 is a playmaker. If he had Peyton's weapons, we would have scored 55 points tonight. We beat GB, Philly and should have beat Houston because of him.

Dude please chill the blank out

this man is the reason why we have 3 wins

it's fans like you that make this board unbearable at times

yea that 4th down was pure crap but we would not be in that position if mcnabb hadn't been evading sacks all game

please tell who you want behind center and if they are available

mcnabb is not the problem,

ok rant over

I cant say I've been at all happy with some of his decisions.. Mainly those 3rd and 10 or 4th and 10, where he tries to go for broke with a bomb. (that never fools anyone).. But I feel much better with him as the QB as I have in decades.. I doubt he's the savior, but hopefully he can keep us relevant until we draft or trade for a real "future" QB.. Were still a ways off from going deeper than a game or two into the playoffs.. So for the time being, Im ok with DMac at the helm.. He does make me scream at the tv alot, but he makes good plays sometimes too.. It is what it is..

This is the same QB we've been watching for the last 11 years in Philly. The same guy who can't win a big game. The same guy who looks HORRIBLE for long stretches. The same guy who comes up small when the lights shine the brightest.

2 minutes to go. 3 time outs. Ball in his hands. What do we get?? (short pass, sack, incomplete, and meaningless deep pass into double coverage..... 4 and out!) We get the same thing that has driven Eagles fans crazy for years. The same thing we used to laugh about from afar for years. Only now we own it. Their long, arduous trek of continual frustation has become our reality. I mean, come on!! He had 144 yards passing before the last 2 drives!!

Look..... Is he better than Campbell, or Brunnel, or Ramsey, or any of the other putrid QB's we've had in the last 2 decades? Yes, he is. He is the best QB we've had in a long time. However, because we are starved for a great QB, doesn't mean we should just be happy with what we got because it's better than what we've had.

We're 3-3 because of our defense. McNabb is killing us. For every great, sack-escaping play he makes there are 5 other passes that make you shake your head.

I hope Shanahan knows what he's doing with this guy. I haven't been impressed yet. I'm VERY wary of signing him long term, and I know I'm in the minority with that opinion.

Still happy to be 3-3, though. Gotta beat The Bears!

Ok wise guy..who do you want? Rivers, Manning, Big Ben...get the point as one coach once said they dont grow on trees! Statements like this are absurd!

Over react much? No one outside of skins fans knows who are running back is. Most would react in shock to learn Galloway is still playing football. Armstrong is a complete unknown. We don't have a nose tackle and had a safety playing linebacker for much of the game. The team has a ways to go and just hung in a game with the Colts until the final play. It was a great game that sadly didn't go our way.

Chill out.

I remember watching Mcnabb from "afar." And I remember that record the Eagles amassed in that time. And I'll take it. Come on man. Remember the JC years. Yes, Mcnabb could be sharper but this is a pretty patchwork offense at this point. Oline, receivrers, running backs. All new. Give it some time. For the time being we're right in this race.

WTF is up with these fans?? The reason we have been in every game so far has been McNabb, the fact that he can get us extra time on plays that most QB's would get crushed... Give him time, give the O line time, get a true number 1 wide receiver and then talk to me!

The guy was what...2 points away from getting that superbowl? Manning can't win big games either right? He has had plenty of games that he brought his team back in, we of all people should remember what he could do in Philly. He doesn't choke...sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. We've had 5/6 games come down to the wire. We have won 3 of them and lost 2 of them. I think he's doing alright, especially given the talent he's surrounded by.

He didn't win the Dallas Game. He was terrible in that game!

He didn't win the Eagles game Either. You forget that he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the second half of that game. Our D held The Eagles all game. We could barely move the ball in the second half!

He didn't win the Packers Game! He had SEVERAL chances to put away the Packers and came up short each time. It was an INT by Landry that put us in position to kick the winning FG. Not a McNabb drive.

I guess I'm just waiting to see the McNabb everyone talks about.

Are you *****ing kidding me with this thread. There were plays tonight that McNabb kept plays alive with his mobility when it appeared like he was going to get sacked. McNabb is not the problem. The offense as a whole however, is a problem. There isn't much cohesion there. Outside of Cooley or Moss, there isn't much of a receiving threat. Armstrong is still developing, along with Torrain.

Stop being a baby, dude. McNabb is the reason for 2, maybe al 3 of our wins. Sure he will be inaccurate with a few relatively simple throws, but he makes plays period. Have you seen how many big plays we have this year compared to the last 5?

He also has leadership and poise. I'm sorry he's not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

:rofl:

You know...it's funny because if it wasn't for that one handed leaping interception....McNabb completes an 80 yard touchdown and this thread doesn't exist. That pass...if you look at the replay, was on the money. Nothing less than a one handed interception would have gotten that...

Sure, McNabb is prone to making boneheaded plays from time to time. On the other hand he makes some great ones as well. I understand the frustration, I'm frustrated too, but McNabb is not the reason for our offensive struggles. Once Cooley went out I knew it was going to be a long night. Who does he have to throw the ball to? It's funny how quickly some of you forget the Jason Campbell era. Did any of you get a chance to see his numbers today? Again, McNabb while he may be a part of the problem, he is not the underlying reason the offense is struggling IMO.

Archived