Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did We Really Expect McNabb To Change??

armada58

McNabb hasn't played great in most of our games this year.

Dallas- Not good

Houston- Great first half. Not so great second.

St. Louis- Not good

Philly- First qtr great. Last three qtrs not good.

Green Bay- Bad first half. Good 4th qtr.

Colts- Not good.

I'd give him a C for the year. He makes plays, but he misses a lot of plays.

We're 3-3 because of our defense. McNabb is killing us. For every great, sack-escaping play he makes there are 5 other passes that make you shake your head.

I hope Shanahan knows what he's doing with this guy. I haven't been impressed yet. I'm VERY wary of signing him long term, and I know I'm in the minority with that opinion.

....And its posts like this which makes me reluctant to comment with in 24 hours after a loss. SMH :doh:.....good night all

He didn't win the Dallas Game. He was terrible in that game!

He didn't win the Eagles game Either. You forget that he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the second half of that game. Our D held The Eagles all game. We could barely move the ball in the second half!

He didn't win the Packers Game! He had SEVERAL chances to put away the Packers and came up short each time. It was an INT by Landry that put us in position to kick the winning FG. Not a McNabb drive.

I guess I'm just waiting to see the McNabb everyone talks about.

Ok tell how he could have put the packer game away when we were down the whole time

what about him avoiding a sack for a 40+ yard td or leading the game tying drive?

Are you wasted or did mcnabb steal your girl?

If he had Peyton's weapons, we would have scored 55 points tonight.

I don't think I would agree with this. Peyton's weapons are weapons because of him. He is an incredible force multiplier.

I'm watching Comcast and listening to the Redskin defender interviews. All they talk about is Manning. Kelli gave Buchanon a softball to talk up his friend from the U, Reggie Wayne, and he basically said that, sure, he's a good receiver, but what makes him difficult to cover is the fact that Manning as his QB.

If Manning is on and isn't getting pressured up the middle, it's going to be a long day for the defense.

He didn't win the Eagles game Either. You forget that he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the second half of that game. Our D held The Eagles all game. We could barely move the ball in the second half!

He didn't win the Packers Game! He had SEVERAL chances to put away the Packers and came up short each time. It was an INT by Landry that put us in position to kick the winning FG. Not a McNabb drive.

He did contribute to the Dallas win.....if you rewatch the game he made several crucial plays. If it wasn't for that botched field goal or dropped TD by Armstrong...there's no question

The Philly game he didn't win by himself...he was obviously emotionally affected from what I saw in the 2nd half. Defense stepped up big but you don't win the game unless he hits Cooley in stride. It was an overall team effort

He did win the Packers game. You know what's crazy?? When other QBs struggle for most of the game...then come back and win, they get all the praise and they're credited because they made a comeback. Did the defense have something to do with it? Absolutely...but NEWS FLASH...a defense has something to do with EVERY comeback. If McNabb doesn't throw for 200 yards in the 4th quarter we lose that game..period. Overall team effort once again

To be quite frank..if you hate McNabb so much it won't really matter. I'm sure McNabb would have more success on the Cardinals...or the Vikings where there' more talent

I don't think I would agree with this. Peyton's weapons are weapons because of him. He is an incredible force multiplier.

I'm watching Comcast and listening to the Redskin defender interviews. All they talk about is Manning. Kelli gave Buchanon a softball to talk up his friend from the U, Reggie Wayne, and he basically said that, sure, he's a good receiver, but what makes him difficult to cover is the fact that Manning as his QB.

If Manning is on and isn't getting pressured up the middle, it's going to be a long day for the defense.

Peyton's weapons are weapons because of him?? :ols:

Did you see that one handed grab? Have you seen all the circus catches Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison has made?? Quarterbacks may grow with receivers but you can't grow with receivers if there's nothing there. You honestly think the Colts offense would be the same if we replaced their receivers with ours??

McNabb hasn't played great in most of our games this year.

Dallas- Not good

Houston- Great first half. Not so great second.

St. Louis- Not good

Philly- First qtr great. Last three qtrs not good.

Green Bay- Bad first half. Good 4th qtr.

Colts- Not good.

I'd give him a C for the year. He makes plays, but he misses a lot of plays.

McNugget won't change at this point in his career. He is what he is; he'll win you games and he'll lose you games.

Do you remember watching JC play football? I am dead serious. Do you remember watching those games?
This.

I for one am very happy to have Donovan in DC, and I hope they give him a nice contract so he sticks around until he retires. Hopefully he'll get a ring too. Now's our chance to show how much better we are as fans than those neanderthals in Philly by not blaming McNabb when clearly there are much bigger forces at play here.

:rofl:

You know...it's funny because if it wasn't for that one handed leaping interception....McNabb completes an 80 yard touchdown and this thread doesn't exist. That pass...if you look at the replay, was on the money. Nothing less than a one handed interception would have gotten that...

Yea that ball was about to drop right in Galloway's hands.Would've been an awesome play if the defender doesn't make that athletic interception. McNabb single handedly kept us in this game. But the Shanahans' arn't using his strengths. McNabb is comfortable in the shotgun and on our second to last drive they put him under center with 2:00min to go. That's the reason we were sacked and knocked out of a reasonable play call for first down. In the 2:00 minuite offense you've gotta have the QB in the offense that best suites him.

He did contribute to the Dallas win.....if you rewatch the game he made several crucial plays. If it wasn't for that botched field goal or dropped TD by Armstrong...there's no question

The Philly game he didn't win by himself...he was obviously emotionally affected from what I saw in the 2nd half. Defense stepped up big but you don't win the game unless he hits Cooley in stride. It was an overall team effort

He did win the Packers game. You know what's crazy?? When other QBs struggle for most of the game...then come back and win, they get all the praise and they're credited because they made a comeback. Did the defense have something to do with it? Absolutely...but NEWS FLASH...a defense has something to do with EVERY comeback. If McNabb doesn't throw for 200 yards in the 4th quarter we lose that game..period. Overall team effort once again

To be quite frank..if you hate McNabb so much it won't really matter. I'm sure McNabb would have more success on the Cardinals...or the Vikings where there' more talent

I don't hate him. He's the best QB we've had in a long, long time. And he's a class act. I just refuse to turn a blind eye to the fact that he's seriously flawed.

....And its posts like this which makes me reluctant to comment with in 24 hours after a loss. SMH :doh:.....good night all

Lol isn't it amazing. Suddenly we're a great team :ols:.....people are bashing McNabb as if we didn't suck before he got here and we should be knocking teams out :ols:..it's downright amazing

I mean if we would have beaten the Colts...what team would we lose to next?? I knew it was only a matter of time till people had selective memories and forgets the key plays and impact McNabb has had...we're not a 3-3 team if he's not here

The guy led us on scoring drives in difficult situations to bring us back from point deficits in each of those games. We were down and took the lead because of him. Do you remember why we even made it to OT in the first place last week? McNabb stepped up late in the 2nd half and connected on a deep ball as well as he drove the team into scoring range for Gano. Landry wouldn't have gotten a shot to pick off a pass if it wasn't for McNabb, what he did in that game was more than Rogers could do for the Packers because he pretty much lost it in the 2nd half.

Either way, you put freaking Jason Candle back there or any rookie out of this draft class other than Bradford (who we didn't have a legit shot at) and we're worse than 3-3 right now, I promise you that. What options did we really have at QB? None. McNabb is a quality player, they showed that stat about him taking a team for a game winning drive 25 times in his career. Most NFL quarterbacks, at the very least the ones which are readily available to us, would be lucky if they were good enough to even have their teams close to winning in 25 of their games. ****, Campbell has been in the NFL for 5 years and he's still looking for WIN 21 not comeback win 21. FFS.

Peyton's weapons are weapons because of him?? :ols:

Did you see that one handed grab? Have you seen all the circus catches Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison has made?? Quarterbacks may grow with receivers but you can't grow with receivers if there's nothing there. You honestly think the Colts offense would be the same if we replaced their receivers with ours??

You think our offense would be different if we had Collie or Garcon? Hell, even Reggie Wayne?

I don't hate him. He's the best QB we've had in a long, long time. And he's a class act. I just refuse to turn a blind eye to the fact that he's seriously flawed.

No one said he has no flaws...but when you get to the point where you're exaggerating, nitpicking, and making it seem as if he held back a Redskins team that's been struggling for 19 years is well...hilarious

Idk if you noticed...but McNabb isn't a Checkdown king....many of his passes are downfield passes, thus more incompletions. I personally think we should do more screens but anyway

I want you to rewatch the game if you can and try to convince us that McNabb cost us this game. Like I said this thread wouldn't even exist if not for a leaping one handed interception....

Also notice how Manning's receivers covers up for his occasional over and underthrow? A prime example being that one handed catch.

There were two reasons we lost this game. First was the 469 yards the defense gave up. Second was McNabb's ridiculously lazy, awful time management on our last touchdown drive. His reluctance to hurry up -- and insistence on huddling -- cost us at least 3 minutes. PATHETIC! It was the exact same as the Eagles-Patriots Super Bowl, so no, McNabb didn't change one damn bit.

There were two reasons we lost this game. First was the 469 yards the defense gave up. Second was McNabb's ridiculously lazy, awful time management on our last touchdown drive. His reluctance to hurry up -- and insistence on huddling -- cost us at least 3 minutes. PATHETIC! It was the exact same as the Eagles-Patriots Super Bowl, so no, McNabb didn't change one damn bit.

I had a similar thought when they were working down the field so slow.

Archived