Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Colts Better Be Ready For "Rugged Redskins"

Remember before the season when Rocky said...and I will quote:

“Man, its take no prisoners,” McIntosh said to LaVar Arrington and Chad Dukes on their radio show this week. “We’re going on a Riddell Campaign. We’re bringing it to cities around here: Philadelphia, New York, all these guys, man, and we ain’t taking no prisoners. It’s cutthroat, man. [Mike Shanahan] wants to win, he wants to win big. He wants to stop the run, and we’re gonna stop the run and bring it on back.”

Read more: http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/redskins-quick-notes-mcintosh-mcnabb-t-o-team-improved/#ixzz12FvlXJWf

We need a Riddell Campaign GIF!!!

HTTR!!!

Come on guys, I love the enthusiasm but the Colts rank #2 in scoring with an average of 27.2 per game for 136 total points. By comparison we rank #19 with an average of 17.8 points and 89 total points. They laid 38 points on the Giants who have the #1 defense by total yards and #19 defense in points allowed.

If we can hold them to under 24 points it will be a defensive success and STILL leave our offense needing to play it's best game of the season.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSI8hp4Y0k7kMFQjabaNMgWNt-9UPdvaM1v4zkMEJcO2VM5h6A&t=1&usg=__J0rh3QSiJVypwy4wBeaG-hvC_sA=

This is Sue Riddell, a Philly fan, and SHE was just LISTENING to the game. Be afraid Peyton, very afraid.

Come on guys, I love the enthusiasm but the Colts rank #2 in scoring with an average of 27.2 per game for 136 total points. By comparison we rank #19 with an average of 17.8 points and 89 total points. They laid 38 points on the Giants who have the #1 defense by total yards and #19 defense in points allowed.

If we can hold them to under 24 points it will be a defensive success and STILL leave our offense needing to play it's best game of the season.

I don't know where your stats came from but NFL.com has us at #9 in scoring defense, not 19th, with 18.4 points per game, and the Colts at #3 in scoring offense and yards on offense. They also have the Giants at #14 in points allowed per game.

Maybe you were going off of total, but that doesn't account for teams that have had bye weeks.

I agree though, we might be in trouble this game, but the thread is fun.

Does the sun just never shine for you during Football season? I mean, people are obviously just having fun in this thread. I don't understand the need for some people to just constantly be so negative. It's the most wonderful time of the year. We should at least have fun every once in awhile.

Throw the stats out of the window. This will be a hard fought game for sure.

The Colts will not look over any opponent and certainly not the Redskins. Its not like they are cellar dwellars with a terrble team.

Definitely going to be a great game. For my sake... sure, I hope the Colts win going away.

The Indianapolis Colts, already thinned by injuries, might want to stock up on medical supplies and get some reserves ready to play. They face the Redskins this week and Washington is making a habit of busting up opposing players.
That's what we were talking about in another thread, the way we are playing so physical and knocking out star players the last 5 weeks in a row. I can't wait untill this defense gets this system down.

You know I almost feel sorry for Peyton...I almost wanna call him and tell him not to show up if he cares about his career....

And don't forget to mention that he better bring some plugs for the earholes in his helmet, because that's the only way he's gonna hear the play being called into the huddle thanks to our obnoxious crowd noise!!! His hands are not gonna be enough to cover them well!

But we rank #1 in Injuries Caused By Defensive Play...which is what that article and this thread is about.

Any team already suffering injuries and getting ready to play the Redskins' defense should be concerned...and that's a GOOD thing for us. :yes:

I like the rep our defense is getting as well. I realized sunday how many key players we've taken out of the game. However, let's take a realistic view of our defense.

1 New York Giants 244.6

2 San Diego Chargers 246.2

3 Baltimore Ravens 257

4 Pittsburgh Steelers 289.0

5 Minnesota Vikings 289.2

6 Chicago Bears 295.2

7 Miami Dolphins 299.2

8 Dallas Cowboys 304.8

9 New Orleans Saints 306.4

10 Atlanta Falcons 310.0

11 New York Jets 313.6

12 Carolina Panthers 316.8

13 Green Bay Packers 317.2

14 Cincinnati Bengals 317.6

15 Philadelphia Eagles 318.2

16 Kansas City Chiefs 320.0

17 San Francisco 49ers 339.0

18 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 340.8

19 Denver Broncos 341.2

20 St. Louis Rams 342.0

21 Cleveland Browns 343.2

22 Tennessee Titans 344.4

23 Indianapolis Colts 345.8

23 Oakland Raiders 345.8

25 Detroit Lions 368.6

26 Seattle Seahawks 374.8

27 Arizona Cardinals 382.0

28 Buffalo Bills 382.4

29 New England Patriots 384.5

30 Jacksonville Jaguars 385.0

31 Houston Texans 409.2

32 Washington Redskins 410.2

No one fears our defense......

It is surprising that the bottom 4 teams are all pretty good teams.

Archived