Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Colts Better Be Ready For "Rugged Redskins"

Does the sun just never shine for you during Football season? I mean, people are obviously just having fun in this thread. I don't understand the need for some people to just constantly be so negative. It's the most wonderful time of the year. We should at least have fun every once in awhile.

Dude. You clearly haven't read any of my other posts. I'm ecstatic this year. But I haven't lost my senses. Can we win this game? Sure. But it's going to take the best performance of the year on defense *AND* offense for it to happen.

I've been on this board long enough to know that people tend to over-react to everything. They get their hopes up too high and when their unrealistic expectations are not met we get 20 threads proclaiming the end of the world. I'm just trying to avoid the potential disaster area that this board will look like Monday should we lose.

I like the rep our defense is getting as well. I realized sunday how many key players we've taken out of the game. However, let's take a realistic view of our defense.

32 Washington Redskins 410.2

No one fears our defense......

It is surprising that the bottom 4 teams are all pretty good teams.

lol YPG

I just hope since NFL.com made this point on us that the refs aren't overly aggressive on us when they call the future games.

I can see it now...."Unnecessary Roughness, Number 30, Scratched the Quarterback with a Hangnail, 15 yard Penalty, First Down".

We are 9th in PPG with 18.4

In the rankings, its yards given up that counts.

Yea, the defense has given up a ton of yards, but points per game is a revealing stat too.

I have never witnessed a game where they gave the other team a victory because they had more yards. The 2009 Saints gave up nearly 358 yards per game but won the Super Bowl. However, they were +11 in TO differential.

On this team one stat does not tell the whole story.

The defense has played very physical and has beat up on the other teams.

Personally, I think the key to this game will be trying to get the running game going. If we can run the ball, then that will keep Manning off the field. If he's not on the field, he can't score.

Yea, the defense has given up a ton of yards, but points per game is a revealing stat too.

I have never witnessed a game where they gave the other team a victory because they had more yards. The 2009 Saints gave up nearly 358 yards per game but won the Super Bowl. However, they were +11 in TO differential.

On this team one stat does not tell the whole story.

The defense has played very physical and has beat up on the other teams.

And we're currently +5 in turnover differential :thumbsup:

I like the rep our defense is getting as well. I realized sunday how many key players we've taken out of the game. However, let's take a realistic view of our defense.

32 Washington Redskins 410.2

No one fears our defense......

It is surprising that the bottom 4 teams are all pretty good teams.

Teams fear the turnover more than low YPG. Our D gets turnovers. Why? Because they're physical and agressive.

The NFL's rating system must be BS then.

Sad fact is that we are lucky. We have been lucky so far, but if we continue to give up this many yards then expect a below .500 season.

Meh, then we're ranked #1 in luck. Put that in the rating system mother *******! :ols:

And every team that's played us has been ranked 32 in ability to take a hit and not crawl off the field hurt like a little baby.

Besides DeSean Jackson, he ranks a #1 in being a total ***** and being afraid of Landry.

Teams fear the turnover more than low YPG. Our D gets turnovers. Why? Because they're physical and agressive.

Agreed. Now if we can get better in coverage and once D. Hall & Company stop giving a 10 - 15 yard cushion on 3rd and 6 then that YPG thing will go down - imo. But as long as we're being physical and aggressive and generating turn overs then we will have a shot at winning games.

Archived