Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Armstrong can emerge as a viable threat to opposing defenses, it will be huge!

NoCalMike

I think it is more the O Line and McNabb injured and not overly accurate.

We still have Davis and Sellers. And just wait till Portis is back slitting the back field

Sure we could use an Art Monk, but that isn't our next concern. We have enough.

I've said it time and time agan....receivers also play their part in making catches. It's not just QB passes and receiver catches...plenty of good teams have great receivers that can make several catches that would otherwise seem like a bad throw

So I say we don't have enough...and we'll need it down the stretch. Someone else in addition to Moss and Armstrong would be ideal

So I say we don't have enough...and we'll need it down the stretch. Someone else in addition to Moss and Armstrong would be ideal

It's sad when the HUGE news is that the Skins finally have a 2nd WR threat. The Packers had, what, seven pass catchers that looked as good as any of the Skins? I was really bummed that DT got cut...not because he was necessarily any good but because it showed that we are back to square 1 (prior to the draft where Vinny spent three 2nd round picks on pass catchers). I think Kelly was put on IR partly to avoid cutting him outright. Unfortunately, Skins just don't have enough picks to make up for so many bad drafts. We could easily trade for a WR or draft a new one next year but then the OL, or RBs don't get attention. Let alone all the players that are needed to continue the transition to the 3:4 defensive formation.

If Armstrong can continue to make plays, he makes the Thomas' release a good one. I always thought Thomas had a lot of potential, but if can't be proven on the field, then there's really point in the keeping the guy.

I'll agree with this. If Armstrong can keep playing like this, then it'll shut up a lot of the people who are complaining about DT's release, although to be fair, many of us aren't comparing DT to AA exactly, we're comparing DT to Galloway and Williams. Its a moot point now because the deed is done, but I just say we'll see if DT amounts to anything with anybody else.

The play before his TD I called it up.

The recipe for success on this offense is to get the ball to Cooley and Moss as much as possible. Mix in a few runs and just when the opposing team thinks they know what we are doing we go long to Armstrong or Galloway. These have been available to us all season, problem is that McNabbs missed on some of these throws. Having any one who can consistently make big plays will force Defenses to be honest with coverage and not cheat up to play one player or play. Armstrongs not had many chances this year to be this guy but with a couple more games like this one where he averages 25 yards a catch and teams will notice him. Once they start playing against him that will open up lanes for Cooley and Moss. We need a distraction WR to take some of the heat from those two pass catchers but make no mistake about this our Offense is best suited to go through Cooley and Moss.

It seemed once Armstrong caught that deep TD pass, suddenly the Packers defense had to account for him. It all of the sudden wasn't just about Moss and Cooley out there running routes.

Lets hope Armstrong can continue to emerge and get better and stay healthy!

:helmet:

You can't continue to emerge. You either do or don't. Armstrong has emerged as a threat, period. They still need another receiver or two though, but the catch he made today was the kind of catch that big time players make. He's no fluke. The guy can catch, runs great routes, and has speed. Again....he has emerged as a threat on our offense. Finally, someone is putting the right players on the field based on their talent and physical ability not based on their paycheck and draft position. :2cents:

Anyone think the Armstrong catch was eerily similar to the catch that the Eagles WR could NOT hold onto last week? Both WRs facing the ball, it comes in high, both get their hands onto it with defenders in pretty good position, however Armstrong has the strength to hold onto it and come down with it...

I love how Armstrong has a knack for getting open deep...He is now our Vertical threat, Moss has become our intermediate guy, we just need a big physical possession guy...Teams pretty soon aren't going to be able to bring safeties down in the box with both Moss and Stretch Armstrong out there!

I don't think our possession WR would get a lot of targets in this passing attack.

I think those possession type intermediate targets are gobbled up by Cooley and Tana.

Armstrong and Galloway have both shown that they can get open deep against man to man coverage.

Eventually they'll start getting the type of coverage that allows them or Moss to get easy underneath catches.

Once defense start playing to stop the underneath stuff then Tana and crew will have a chances to get deep.

I don't think our possession WR would get a lot of targets in this passing attack.

I think those possession type intermediate targets are gobbled up by Cooley and Tana.

Armstrong and Galloway have both shown that they can get open deep against man to man coverage.

Eventually they'll start getting the type of coverage that allows them or Moss to get easy underneath catches.

Once defense start playing to stop the underneath stuff then Tana and crew will have a chances to get deep.

I agree but I still think we need a WR that we can run a slant route, or curl route to and not be separated from the ball on contact ALL OF THE TIME lol...It's possible that Kelly could be that guy, but who knows...

The recipe for success on this offense is to get the ball to Cooley and Moss as much as possible. Mix in a few runs and just when the opposing team thinks they know what we are doing we go long to Armstrong or Galloway. These have been available to us all season, problem is that McNabbs missed on some of these throws. Having any one who can consistently make big plays will force Defenses to be honest with coverage and not cheat up to play one player or play. Armstrongs not had many chances this year to be this guy but with a couple more games like this one where he averages 25 yards a catch and teams will notice him. Once they start playing against him that will open up lanes for Cooley and Moss. We need a distraction WR to take some of the heat from those two pass catchers but make no mistake about this our Offense is best suited to go through Cooley and Moss.

Agree that the deep ball to Armstrong and Galloway have been there all season and really hope McNabb can take advantage of that more often. That said, the touchdown throw to Armstrong was not that great imo but he adjusted and made a great play on the ball. Hoping to see a lot more of him this season. Hail!

Im all aboard with AA, just hope he stays healthy!! He was hobblin around by the end of the game today.. Also, now that he's stepped up, we need to scratch Williams and think about bringin up TA or someone..I know RW is younger than JG, but he's just a liability at this point.. Nullified another huge return today with a silly block in the back.. And does nothing as a WR.. Anyone who was ok with cutting DT should be giddy if we cut Williams..

ANTHONY ARMSTRONG - 2010 NFL SEASON

Week 1: 1 catch, 11 yards, 0 TDs

Week 2: 2 catches, 36 yards, 0 TDs

Week 3: INACTIVE

Week 4: 1 catch, 57 yards, 0 TDs

Week 5: 3 catches, 84 yards, 1 TD

I would say he is progressing a bit. I really like the guy, he runs great routes and I think that perhaps he doesn't get as many passes his way because he is sharing a percentage of his snaps with Roydell and Joey. If they upped his snaps it may pay off because it seems like McNabb is starting to feel a bit more comfortable with him there.

Also, how freaking clutch was that catch off the tipped pass? I like this guy, he's a good example of the type of player we have missed out on for years in Washington- people who cost nothing but give everything they have.

Wow there are just so many mistakes.

First of all we do have one conference loss. As much as I want to forget the game, the Rams are in the NFC. So to the person who put as at 3-0 in the conference you are incorrect.

Next up, we have the dude who tried to correct this mistake by declaring the skins as 2-1 in the conference....good god. Am I going crazy?

We are 3-1 in the conference! Green Bay, Philly, and Dallas are all conference wins. Rams are a conference loss.

Also it is "accept it" not "except it."

These boards have never had a grammar nazi but I honestly believe it is time for one.

Get ahold of yourself, chico. People make mistakes. People don't intentionally F up, unless their name happens to be Stephon Heyer. I keed I keed.

You can't continue to emerge. You either do or don't. Armstrong has emerged as a threat, period. They still need another receiver or two though, but the catch he made today was the kind of catch that big time players make. He's no fluke. The guy can catch, runs great routes, and has speed. Again....he has emerged as a threat on our offense. Finally, someone is putting the right players on the field based on their talent and physical ability not based on their paycheck and draft position. :2cents:

Have you never heard of players that will have a few great plays and fizzle out?? Emerging is the right term for him and I hope he continues to emerge and improve

The play before his TD I called it up.

Agree that the deep ball to Armstrong and Galloway have been there all season and really hope McNabb can take advantage of that more often. That said, the touchdown throw to Armstrong was not that great imo but he adjusted and made a great play on the ball. Hoping to see a lot more of him this season. Hail!

I don't necessarily agree with either of you. Armstrong has made some plays but let's not get carried away...you have to be a solid receiver consistently. Moss has done that...that's why he's gotten catches. If Armstrong was anywhere as solid he'd have half the catches that Armstrong has

Again Armstrong has made big plays, but people hailing him as the answer already need to chill and let him continue to improve on a regular basis where he can be a go to guy. He's not there yet so let's wait before we anoint him THE weapon

As for saying Galloway has been available I disagree on that one as well. There's a debate as to whether McNabb has been missing Galloway, like at the Texans game. But when a Qb throws it deep a receiver should be able to position themselves for the catch. That's what separates good receivers from bad receivers....in one of the overthrows I just mentioned Galloway slowed down then tried to speed up. If you watch the replay of Armstrong making that catch, what you see is a receiver putting themselves in the right position to catch a good thrown ball. That's the difference at times between a hit and a miss....

When you see receivers being targeted...and a certain receiver making catches when the other receivers don't, at some point you have to wonder. McNabb has missed some throws, but I personally think a better receiver catches several of those passes missed by Galloway and others. Some of you talk about Wide Receivers like moving bulleyes when really WR is a skill position, not simply a position where you run and catch. If we had a receiver to go with Moss and Armstrong, you'd see a major difference..

Archived