Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Armstrong can emerge as a viable threat to opposing defenses, it will be huge!

NoCalMike

Armstrong right now seems like a poor-man's Percy Harvin, because of his lack of breakaway speed. Harvin's stats and notice ability seem to amplify when other WRs around him are doing well.

When Sidney Rice was healthy and producing, Harvin looked like he had the makings of a superstar on the other side, but once Rice and Berrian went down with injuries and Harvin had to step into the role as THE MAN, he started to disappear.

The thing about Armstrong I guess is that we don't really know yet if he we have seen the maximum we are going to get out of him, or if he will continue to get better.

As of NOW, I'd say he looks like he can be a solid starter, but would still need to have a real stud #1 WR running opposite him on the field who can demand a double team, which would give Armstrong very favorable matchups against other team's #2/3 CBs......

time will tell though.

Armstrong right now seems like a poor-man's Percy Harvin, because of his lack of breakaway speed. Harvin's stats and notice ability seem to amplify when other WRs around him are doing well.

When Sidney Rice was healthy and producing, Harvin looked like he had the makings of a superstar on the other side, but once Rice and Berrian went down with injuries and Harvin had to step into the role as THE MAN, he started to disappear.

The thing about Armstrong I guess is that we don't really know yet if he we have seen the maximum we are going to get out of him, or if he will continue to get better.

As of NOW, I'd say he looks like he can be a solid starter, but would still need to have a real stud #1 WR running opposite him on the field who can demand a double team, which would give Armstrong very favorable matchups against other team's #2/3 CBs......

time will tell though.

I tend to agree with this. I think finally adding a serious #1 WR would really open up Armstrong and Santana to some favorable matchups and greatly improve the overall passing game. One way or another, adding a top WR should be a high priority.

AA is a body catcher. Does he even play special teams? Not sure that he can hold on to a roster spot in the future.

He does play special teams. I noticed him make a good tackle in the Titans game on a punt.

• 1 month later...

Archived