Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bash me, but I feel Albert Haynesworth is NEEDED to have a successful defense this year

skins4ever17

I would put Haynesworth at DE on Bulaga all game with Alexander outside of Haynesworth.

Then put Orakpo on the opposite side with Carriker/Daniels.

Maake or Golston in the middle.

If you put Haynesworth and Rak on the same side than Rodger is going to be rolling out of the pocket to the other side.

Balance the attack on both sides but blitz Landry in certain spots and he has to hit Rodgers hard.

But yes... Haynesworth needs to win us this game period. Get to Rodgers and hurt him.

That is a good plan. Never thought to do nothing like this.

• 2 months later...
Despite Haynesworth being an immature player sometimes, I really feel he is key for our defense in the current state of things.

You can tell the difference when he isn't in there. Philly wasn't able to run well against us when Haynesworth was in. Haynesworth was also tackled and held a lot of the game, just like Rak was too.

When Big #92 was in, he also drew double and triple teams as well!

To say he is fat and useless honestly is a little ignorant. Although he does have his moments, he is needed for now. This defense has yet to develop and really learn the whole scheme. It's not always about the coaching and the scheme though, it's about big players making plays for our team.

I have to agree. We need this man on our team. Now is not the time to sit back and fight against him. He has proved that he can be a threat on defense. Getting rid of him will be a mistake because I don't think there is anyone else on our team that can serve as a good run stop like him. This dude could be a major weapon if we switched back to the 4-3 defense. He wasn't healthy the other year. This year he is healthier, but now in a different defensive system that he is non effective in.

One thing about this time, is that they are always fighting themselves. For all of us who are in our 20's, we will be 50 years old by the time Redskins build a good team chemistry. Both Raiders and Lions will have won a super bowl by the time we get it right.

I had a feeling this would happen as soon as Shanny joined the team. I had a feeling that when Shanny came to the team, he would want the defense to change. Something in my mind told me 3-4 and I knew Haynesworth wasn't going to stand for it. And when two big people like Shanny and Haynesworth put their foot down, it creates huge problems. And now we have come to this. Clearly, Shanny wants Haynesworth gone, but the defense is screaming that they need him. He has already gotten a lot of money from us, so why don't we work with him. They want to sue him, so and my guess is he is going to find for his money. Financial this is going to put a major hold on the team.

If they get rid of Haynesworth, it could weaken the defense.

I had a feeling this would happen as soon as Shanny joined the team. I had a feeling that when Shanny came to the team, he would want the defense to change. Something in my mind told me 3-4 and I knew Haynesworth wasn't going to stand for it. And when two big people like Shanny and Haynesworth put their foot down, it creates huge problems. And now we have come to this. Clearly, Shanny wants Haynesworth gone, but the defense is screaming that they need him. He has already gotten a lot of money from us, so why don't we work with him. They want to sue him, so and my guess is he is going to find for his money. Financial this is going to put a major hold on the team.

If they get rid of Haynesworth, it could weaken the defense.

i dont know what media outlet youve been following but the defense wants this saga OVER. fat al has lost the majority of his teammates. i think the whole drinking the night before and having a mystery "illness" the next day at practice was the last straw. especially because in hindsight it seems to have occurred before.

if we are ever to be a TEAM there is no room for a prima donna that thinks he can get away with announcing he will no longer speak to the head coach.

id rather lose the rest of the games without fat al than score another td with him.

i dont know what media outlet youve been following but the defense wants this saga OVER. fat al has lost the majority of his teammates. i think the whole drinking the night before and having a mystery "illness" the next day at practice was the last straw. especially because in hindsight it seems to have occurred before.

if we are ever to be a TEAM there is no room for a prima donna that thinks he can get away with announcing he will no longer speak to the head coach.

id rather lose the rest of the games without fat al than score another td with him.

I think the next problem is what happens to all the young guys we draft, what happens when they see guys not showing up or quitting in practice or on plays

I think the next problem is what happens to all the young guys we draft, what happens when they see guys not showing up or quitting in practice or on plays

with the highest paid DL in history being told to sit at home and STFU that will not be a problem. like the article in the thread "symbolic end for snyder" impllies, its shannys team now. that is clear. anyone thats puts on the B&G has no choice but to think, "hell they didnt let fat al get away with it and they already paid him millions"

this is truly the END of the overpaying for malcontents and once stars coming here to get their pocket right. yeah, were hurting now but these are more from growing pains. as a franchise were going in the right direction. sadly weve sucked for so long that we must improve as a franchise BEFORE we can improve the team itself.

Simple, there are two sets of rules posted:

1) If you can sack a QB with his own guard, then you can have some special treatment

2) If you can't sack a QB by throwing his own guard into him, then you do not get special treatment

---------- Post added December-8th-2010 at 12:51 AM ----------

with the highest paid DL in history being told to sit at home and STFU that will not be a problem. like the article in the thread "symbolic end for snyder" impllies, its shannys team now. that is clear. anyone thats puts on the B&G has no choice but to think, "hell they didnt let fat al get away with it and they already paid him millions"

this is truly the END of the overpaying for malcontents and once stars coming here to get their pocket right. yeah, were hurting now but these are more from growing pains. as a franchise were going in the right direction. sadly weve sucked for so long that we must improve as a franchise BEFORE we can improve the team itself.

While I would like to believe that the team is headed in the right direction, I fail to see it. I see an overly stubborn coach showing similar signs to what had him run out of Denver. The strange obsession with the 3-4 defense is point one. I would be fine if we would completely blow up the team and rebuild, or I would be fine if we try to win now. What I don't understand is a weird combination of the two.

The Redskins can do without Haynesworth, He's not worth none of the money he has received. I'm not saying he doesn't play well when he's in the game. Haynesworth is an outstanding player. But he cares only about his own glory. If you're getting paid the amount of money he's getting paid then it shouldn't matter if he's playing in a 46 defense, a 4-3 defense, or a 3-4 defense. He needs to play in whatever defense they(the coaches) need him to play in and he shouldn't object.

1) If you can sack a QB with his own guard, then you can have some special treatment

2) If you can't sack a QB by throwing his own guard into him, then you do not get special treatment

---------- Post added December-8th-2010 at 12:51 AM ----------

While I would like to believe that the team is headed in the right direction, I fail to see it. I see an overly stubborn coach showing similar signs to what had him run out of Denver. The strange obsession with the 3-4 defense is point one. I would be fine if we would completely blow up the team and rebuild, or I would be fine if we try to win now. What I don't understand is a weird combination of the two.

what worked in NE did not in denver. what got shanny fired in denver might be what the Skins need based on all that has transpired over the last ten + years. different teams need different personalities and things at different times. the FO had one offseason, coming into an uncapped year. they need at least one more to be judged fairly. i want to do well as much as anyone. however i still put some stock in the theory that shanny treated this season like one big pre season evaluation.

what worked in NE did not in denver. what got shanny fired in denver might be what the Skins need based on all that has transpired over the last ten + years. different teams need different personalities and things at different times. the FO had one offseason, coming into an uncapped year. they need at least one more to be judged fairly. i want to do well as much as anyone. however i still put some stock in the theory that shanny treated this season like one big pre season evaluation.

I don't believe i've ever heard or read this theory before, but I believe that may just be a very accurate perspective onedrop. :thumbsup:

While I would like to believe that the team is headed in the right direction, I fail to see it. I see an overly stubborn coach showing similar signs to what had him run out of Denver.

And you're right, but only from the perspective of you and your vision. The fact that you cannot "see" something doesn't mean it isn't there.

DRSmith touched on a core issue. I know that a lot of people here are current or ex-military, remember how that went? You stepped off the bus and immediately a DI was in your face, running you ragged. They took your clothes, cut your hair and told you 24/7 what a worthless POS you were to even consider defaming their service with your presence, right? Sound familiar? Those sergeants don't really believe that but it is an important part of a process. They have to get you up to speed on being a part of the team, to sublimate your wants to the higher needs of that team, and once you get out of boot you found that things changed radically. A lot of guys faked their way through boot and were the same chuckleheads that signed up, but the ones that took it to heart really excelled and joined the core of the military. There are a lot of parallels to an NFL team (not to denigrate the military any) but a lot of the dynamic is similar. We haven't had any DIs on the roster, or if we did they were muzzled for the overpaid players that had the General's home number. You wanna see this team tough, gritty, determined to win every time they hit the field? You aren't gonna get that when the lockerroom is a frat house.

“Despite the club’s numerous attempts to persuade Albert Haynesworth to abide by the terms of his contract, he has repeatedly refused to cooperate with our coaching staff in a variety of ways over an extended period of time,” Shanahan said in statement released by the team. “Among other things, he has consistently indicated to our defensive coaches that he refuses to play in our base defense or on first-down or second-down nickel situations. He has also refused to follow the instructions of our coaches both during weekly practices and during actual games as well.

“Yesterday, when Albert was at Redskin Park, he told our general manager Bruce Allen that he (Haynesworth) would no longer speak with me. Although suspending any player is not a decision that a head coach enters into lightly, I believe the situation has reached the point where the club clearly has no alternative.”

How can you honestly feel he is needed after reading this ???????

Well, "this" year is over. Having a good defense the rest of the season, quite frankly, gets us nothing. Allowing the cancer that is Haynesworth to fester in the locker room for the rest of the season would do far more damage to this team that the defense sucking for 4 more games.

I guess as a Redskin that is now impossible. another timely bump after Als big game

Shanny got punked by Al. He needed Al to be our NT so Al drops 50 pounds in Shanny's face. We needed a NT to have a successful 3-4. Everyone knows without a stud NT the 3-4 is destined for failure. Kemo coming off a heel has shown little all year.

What's your point of digging up this old thread, are you that bored? Our defense has been pathetic since we dont have an NT.

Shanny got punked by Al. He needed Al to be our NT so Al drops 50 pounds in Shanny's face. We needed a NT to have a successful 3-4. Everyone knows without a stud NT the 3-4 is destined for failure. Kemo coming off a heel has shown little all year.

What's your point of digging up this old thread, are you that bored? Our defense has been pathetic since we dont have an NT.

The point was some of the discussions made about Al and how that turned out. I do agree with why Shanny thought he could use AH in this defense. AH is a punk, he should have taken the oppourtunity to become a Free Agent or willing participant in a trade. You know why they call it a win-win right, well this is a lose-lose.

This is gospel. For anyone who ****es about how the Redskins have played down to **** opponents and played up to tougher ones, that symptom has its root cause RIGHT HERE. Putting a stop to entitlement and shifting standards is a first step to making sure the team is giving its all on every down. It takes time to change a culture, and our team's culture for a long time now has been piss poor. I was hoping against hope that Fat Al would wise up and get with the program here. Now that he's challenged it, I'm glad he's being disciplined. It sends a message to everyone else - the right message.

I don't agree with this - team comes first.

That said, does this mean that any DL who lined up this year against Rabach, Lichtenhoover or Hicks gets a free pass to be a diva? :silly:

Consider yourself bashed. ;)

I think the problem with Albert is the problem with Arrington. Freelancers are great. Every so often they guess right and give you that WOW play. Farve made a living off of it. When they guess wrong though they leave a hole which is easily and repeatedly exploited for a big game. Albert basically wanted to freelance the whole game and just penetrate and do what he wanted to do. That's not playing defense. That's barely playing sandlot.

Archived