Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bash me, but I feel Albert Haynesworth is NEEDED to have a successful defense this year

skins4ever17

Despite Haynesworth being an immature player sometimes, I really feel he is key for our defense in the current state of things.

You can tell the difference when he isn't in there. Philly wasn't able to run well against us when Haynesworth was in. Haynesworth was also tackled and held a lot of the game, just like Rak was too.

When Big #92 was in, he also drew double and triple teams as well!

To say he is fat and useless honestly is a little ignorant. Although he does have his moments, he is needed for now. This defense has yet to develop and really learn the whole scheme. It's not always about the coaching and the scheme though, it's about big players making plays for our team.

Yeah I agree. The only thing that bothers me is that when he does do something, the media spreads it and makes it look worse. It's just not good for our team.

Remember when haynesworth stood outside of the Defensive huddle in a game? (On the sidelines)

I noticed he seems to shut up though when we win games. Seems to only **** when we lose.

I would put Haynesworth at DE on Bulaga all game with Alexander outside of Haynesworth.

Then put Orakpo on the opposite side with Carriker/Daniels.

Maake or Golston in the middle.

If you put Haynesworth and Rak on the same side than Rodger is going to be rolling out of the pocket to the other side.

Balance the attack on both sides but blitz Landry in certain spots and he has to hit Rodgers hard.

But yes... Haynesworth needs to win us this game period. Get to Rodgers and hurt him.

Its easy to say this now, after how he played on Sunday.

This thread may have been more controversial and unique if you had posted this idea before that performance, however.

Now, its just an obvious statement.

He gave it his all, it seemed (from what I could tell live, haven't rewatched it yet), and made an impact, while playing a much higher number of snaps. So I'll definitely agree with you.

At the same time, however, it seems that we made some fundamental changes in how we approached the game defensively, compared to the first 3 games.

Props to Big Al on a great game Sunday! I dont know enough about the inner workings of the D to tell if he was unmotivated or just not comfortable with the new schemes, in earlier games, but he was noticeably making a difference on Sunday.. Something that's not easy for a lineman to do in this new scheme.. I also think alot had to do with the fact we were running alot more 4-3 as well.. Carter was gettin bashed for his bad games earlier and he got a nice sack/fumble while lining up as a DE, where he should be.. Im glad Haslett showed a little flexibilty against the Eagles. Gonna be tough against the Packers but at least Im looking forward to the game now!

fat al needs to realize that the 3-4 front is differnet than the 4-3 front. the sooner he realizes this the sooner he will dominate! also its becoming a weekly thing about how other teams are holding our players! there even holding fat al now. i hope this pisses him into just throwing the other player to the ground and taking it out on the other teams qb!

If he plays like he did Sunday, then we'll be golden. We just need him to play like that and not just be on the field.
agree with hitman, our defense is much better with big al, and after Shanny praised his play sunday, hopefuly it ads that extra push for him to be the beast he can be.

Archived