Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBA 2k11 (PS3, XBOX360)

StillUnknown

anyone else picking this up tomorrow?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1124904p1.html

NBA 2K11 is a love letter to basketball fans. If you don't follow hoops, a lot of the subtleties will be lost on you. And if you are looking for a loose, fun, crazy dunkfest experience like NBA Jam, you're going to get hosed. But if you are serious about basketball, this will fill a long-standing void in your hoops-loving heart. This is the NBA. No one else has come close to representing it in such great and accurate detail as this.

Honestly, the stuff with Michael Jordan is reason enough to pick up NBA 2K11. The fact that 2K Sports did so much more with this game and improved it so greatly over last year's title is stunning. This isn't just the best basketball game ever; it's the best sports game of this generation.

The thing I don't get with this game is why Michael Jordan now? I know he wasn't in previous NBA games, but I can't say I'd buy this game because I can play as Michael Jordan.

Because the league is so devoid of marketable talent, and the NBA is truely a "love it or hate it" sport, that they know Jordan's gonna sell more copies being on the cover than Kobe, Durant, Lebron, Wade, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan or any of the other "superstars" of this era.

They're trying their hardest to get the casual gamer on board, as well as the hardcore NBA fan who they already know is in their back pocket. Some of us loved the NBA when Jordan played and don't really care for it now like we used to. We're the ones they're trying to get to buy the game by putting Jordan on the cover and in the game.

Might be the best hoops game ever....but the Jordan angle is still a gimmick.

Because the league is so devoid of marketable talent, and the NBA is truely a "love it or hate it" sport, that they know Jordan's gonna sell more copies being on the cover than Kobe, Durant, Lebron, Wade, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan or any of the other "superstars" of this era.

They're trying their hardest to get the casual gamer on board, as well as the hardcore NBA fan who they already know is in their back pocket. Some of us loved the NBA when Jordan played and don't really care for it now like we used to. We're the ones they're trying to get to buy the game by putting Jordan on the cover and in the game.

Might be the best hoops game ever....but the Jordan angle is still a gimmick.

Exactly. I might pick it up and haven't picked up an NBA2K game in years.

hahaha no way in hell will it be the best SPORTS game of this generation.

NHL 11 and FIFA 11 already hold those titles. But I guess NBA 2K11 can be 3rd.

I find it kinda odd that EA can do such a great job with their NHL and Soccer games, yet NBA Live has been terrible for years

they renamed Live to NBA Elite this year, but it getting delayed because of all the bugs in the game

I loved 09, but wasn't big on 10. The road to the nba or whatever it was was very choppy and that turned me off. Not sure if they ever fixed that or not. I am def. going to pick up 11 sometime this week. Looks damn good.

After NBA Jam T.E. on Sega back in the day (Payton and Kemp ftw) NBA2K9 is my favorite basketball game of all time. They nailed it. And then they proceeded to take a step back in 2K10.

On a sidenote, I was so disappointed when they announced Gil was gonna be on the cover of NBA Live. That game sucks. Has sucked. And will probably always suck. It's like EA has surrendered the sport of basketball to the 2K people. ****ers make so much money with Madden they just mail it in. Pick up some extra dollars from the poor mom and dads who don't know any better and get the game for their kids but other than that, oh well. Focus on the givens.

Anyway I'm definitely getting this game on payday (Friday). I was playing the PSP version last night. Mr. Wall is ridiculously fast. I hope that stays true on the PS3 version.

I always love the NBA 2K series.

The problem is I'll buy it, play it 5 times and never again, pretty much what I do for every game. Which is why I should probably pass

That's why I stopped buying Madden. But some games are too good to pass up. If this is as money as the reviews are saying, there hasn't been a Madden as good as this in 10 years (or whatever.) I think it's worth the money.

That's why I stopped buying Madden. But some games are too good to pass up. If this is as money as the reviews are saying, there hasn't been a Madden as good as this in 10 years (or whatever.) I think it's worth the money.

I did this with:

Soul calibur IV

Street Fighter IV

Fifa 10

Madden 11, 10, 09, 08

NCAA 09

NBA2k 09

NHL 09

Everything. Hell, I just noticed last week that I have COD Modern Warfare 2. I got it for Xmas. It's Sitting on my desk, still shrinkwrapped. I probably should stop buying video games......

dMt_e8MyTKQ

After spending the last 2 years winning championships with the Wizards I'm going to take my talents to the Western Conference whenever I Get this game

Usually play with the worst team and rebuild them to the top so Minnesota here I come

Archived