Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Concerns about Orakpo

Lar0n Landry

Orakpo still has a lot to learn about pass rushing technique. Remember that video fuji posted last week when Lavar sacked Kurt Warner in 02 to preserve a win? See that spin move? Orakpo should watch that and learn it. Right now all he does is just try to power through guys.

With that said, he's still generating a lot of pressure. We're talking about a 2nd year guy who's playing 3-4 OLB for the first time. His raw talent is scary. Once he gets that position down, he will be dominant. Even then, he generated 2-3 holding calls today, which are essentially sacks.

Yes he does get held but so does every other player in the league. He just isn't that impact player that comes up big at crucial moments. Maybe he will be but not yet

Getting a holding call to end the Dallas game because he'd beaten his man and was about to sack Romo sits to pee wasn't a crucial moment?

There was one play where Kolb outraced Orakpo to the corner and then took it upfield for a ten yard gain. That shocked me. I wonder if he is suffering a bit of a sophmore slump. He's still good, but he needs to up his game a notch.

I can understand why you're feeling that way, but I believe he was just tired. I think he plays majority of the snaps, so that foot race came down to him not having enough energy to catch Kolb.

ok guys i understand thathe is held a lot. but elite pass rushers find a way to get sacks even when being held. you think freeny, peppers, ware, matthews etc aren't being held every play also?

Freeney 3 sacks. Peppers 1 sacks. Ware 4 sacks. Matthews 7 sacks. Orakpo 2 sacks.

Clay Matthews is the only guy that stands out on that last.

Sacks come in bunches (Claw Matthews?)

We'd all love to see Rak start picking up a sack on every passing play but he is doing just fine as it is.

The Rak is obviously forcing teams to game plan for him. He has FORCED several critical holding calls, at times has scared offensive linemen into false starts and when they aren't holding him, they either are playing with only 8-9 guys. Teams have to put 2-3 guys on him, hope they get away with holding or hope he makes mistakes.

Archived