Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Concerns about Orakpo

Lar0n Landry

i don't awant to be mr doom and gloom after a W, but Orakpo hasn't impressed me at all this season and he was 1 on 1 vs Peters all day and not once did he generate pressure. For all the hype he gets he sure doesn't make very many impact plays. If it wasn' for that 4 sack game against the Raiders last year i think more poeple would realize how non impressive he actually is.

sure he will get a sack every other 3 games, but they are meaningless sacks and not at crucial points in the game and he doesn't make game impacting plays. Also he is terrible in space. pretty sad that Kevin Kolb can outrun him with ease.

I just don't understand the hype this guy gets when he isn't that good of player. he is a pure pass rusher and he isn't even good at doing that that on a consistent basis. again, 1 on 1 all game and not a single sack or even pressure on Kolb. yes he was held twice but great pass rushers get sacks and pressure even when held.

i don't awant to be mr doom and gloom after a W, but Orakpo hasn't impressed me at all this season and he was 1 on 1 vs Peters all day and not once did he generate pressure. For all the hype he gets he sure doesn't make very many impact plays. If it wasn' for that 4 sack game against the Raiders last year i think more poeple would realize how non impressive he actually is.

sure he will get a sack every other 3 games, but they are meaningless sacks and not at crucial points in the game and he doesn't make game impacting plays. Also he is terrible in space. pretty sad that Kevin Kolb can outrun him with ease.

I just don't understand the hype this guy gets when he isn't that good of player. he is a pure pass rusher and he isn't even good at doing that that on a consistent basis. again, 1 on 1 all game and not a single sack or even pressure on Kolb. yes he was held twice but great pass rushers get sacks and pressure even when held.

Weak post.

Orakpo is heavily responsible for BOTH of our wins.

He forced holding calls that ended potential game-winning drives in both wins.

He's not terrible by any means. The holds he generates alone make him a good LB. I do think he's overrated though - definitely has some major flaws. Like you said, he's awful in space. He doesn't have many moves other than a bullrush and he's pretty bad on his feet. It gets kind of frustrating seeing him run 10 yards behind the QB before he can finally put the brakes on and turn around.

Orakpo's pass rushing isn't what worries me. He is obviously effective there because he is forcing so many holding penalties. Orakpo worries me more in the run game when I see him failing to wrap up properly. It's a weakness in his game but every player has them and he'll continue to improve as he becomes more comfortable.

Just because a pass rusher isn't getting sacks doesn't mean they aren't doing their job.

Archived