Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

We’ve played so many damn games this year with just one center, leaving us without one on the floor for half the game.  Nice to see us with three healthy centers and the opponent without one for a change.

Well... 2 and a half. Gaff becomes a ghost after his initial 1st qtr minutes. Someone needs to get in Blairs ear. Get Gaff in the damn game!

14 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Well... 2 and a half. Gaff becomes a ghost after his initial 1st qtr minutes. Someone needs to get in Blairs ear. Get Gaff in the damn game!

Seriously, right after I post that coach goes small and we get annihilated.  What the hell is he doing?  He goes with tiny KCP at the three, Deni at PF, and Trez our smallest center option… and the Raptors saw nothing but BBQ chicken in the paint.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Someone explain why the coaching staff refuses to put Gafford back in a game once he subs out. This was a bad loss and should show the FO what it needs to see. But who am I kidding, it won't. 

They need to explain why we didn’t go heavy pick n roll with size on the floor against a team with no center determined to double ball.  This was a bad loss.

Echo the comments about Gafford’s lack of PT.  The starters were +29 and the bench was -49.  I saw Bryant was -15.  I only saw the first half and he only played the last 6 minutes of the first quarter.  He looked really good in that stint.  Neither he or Gafford played in the second quarter and that’s when Tor got back into the game.  The early pick and roll with Gafford was working well.  They were getting open shots with good ball movement in the first.

Can he defend the 4? Have to admit I’d like to see a larger front court.  I’m getting sick of seeing KCP on the floor with two guards.  Seems like every team we play has an easy time creating mismatches in the post.  KCP doesn’t have the size to defend NBA front court players, but he can’t dribble so they stick him at the three.  

Ugh, don't even score 90 points at home?  Beal doesn't even have 20?

Dad is leaning towards trading Beal, I don't blame him, we've never won anything with him as the face of franchise, not even a playoff series, and we gonna lose a lot of this depth if we give him supermax. 

I'm not there yet, but I'm game for debating it again versus the hard no I had earlier in the season.  He's not scoring 30ppg anymore, the team was built around a player that could.

18 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Beal/KCP/Dinwiddie shoot 11-40 from the field and 0-14 from 3?

Please god, make it stop.

I haven't checked for official stats but we have GOT to be THE worst 3pt shooting team in the NBA, right?

Edit- Just checked. Third to last.

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1