Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The only reason I'd trade McGee is the same reason he has less trade value, he's a free agent after this season (and he's not a large expiring deal). Player for player I'd take McGee over a potential head case, especially now that McGee has been looking much better. Offer Blatche and Vesely and wed be getting a young high pick in return. A SF with no shot is worth less to us than a big that could play the PF spot. Swapping centers doesn't make us better IMO.

I consider Cousins to be a much better prospect than McGee. McGee is going to get paid and I'm not sure he'll be worth that money in terms of production on court.

I consider Cousins to be a much better prospect than McGee. McGee is going to get paid and I'm not sure he'll be worth that money in terms of production on court.

His field goal percentage his first year was horrible, worse than McGee ever had. His percentage is even worse so far this season, which granted means nothing. It does however look like he's having s Blatche like start to the season. Horrible efficiency and a lot of drama.

His field goal percentage his first year was horrible, worse than McGee ever had. His percentage is even worse so far this season, which granted means nothing. It does however look like he's having s Blatche like start to the season. Horrible efficiency and a lot of drama.

I don't disagree, but he's asked to do a lot more than Javale is. He might not pan out, but I think he's worth a shot. Javale isn't all that better than him. Cousins is Rasheed Wallace lite, his temper needs to be toned down but he's not a dumb basketball player.

---------- Post added January-1st-2012 at 08:21 PM ----------

There simply isn't a lazier defender or rebounder than Blatche in the NBA. He doesn't elevate for rebounds, doesn't hold onto them. He's ****ing pathetic.

The only reason I'd trade McGee is the same reason he has less trade value, he's a free agent after this season (and he's not a large expiring deal). Player for player I'd take McGee over a potential head case, especially now that McGee has been looking much better. Offer Blatche and Vesely and wed be getting a young high pick in return. A SF with no shot is worth less to us than a big that could play the PF spot. Swapping centers doesn't make us better IMO.

I agree!

I'll do Blatche, Vessley an Jordan Crawford

(1 assist so I guess he has passed once, though I can't remember it either)

Lol, right? I swear, he'll get it out by the 3 point line (or anywhere on the floor) and he doesn't even look at anyone else. Straight to the basket. Don't think he ever scores in those situations either. He's gotta get the ball where he's already in a good spot to score. Still, I have hope for him. He's been impressive and it's obvious he's been working.

I really think him, Wall, NY and Crawford are a decent little core going forward. They all still have to grow a ton but they have the talent.

---------- Post added January-1st-2012 at 10:58 PM ----------

If you have twitter and you ever want to shoot the **** with someone about the Wizards (or the NBA in general), hit up Laron Profit. He's the new Wiz beat reporter for 980 and he will always reply. Had a nice discussion with him today about Blatche (and he says he wouldn't trade Javale for Cousins). @profit4eva

Loved him for the Terps back in the day. Easily my favorite player.

I agree!

I'll do Blatche, Vessley an Jordan Crawford

agree....although I think we should offer Vesley and Blatche or Crawford and Blatche, not all three. If the Kings are already banishing Cousins from games, he has lost quite a bit of value as well. Buy low.

I'm not trading McGee unless it is in a package for Dwight Howard. I think McGee has improved a great deal from last year on both ends of the floor and he is only 23. Bigs don't reach their potential till around 26/27. McGee is looking like he could be really good in the future.

On the bright side of this season, we might have the most balls in the till that we ever have. Doesn't necessarily mean we get the best pick as I think the selection process is a fraud, but we might do well.

Leonsis needs to learn this isn't hockey, there is no farm system. Your picks are either a bust, or a make for your team. Having lots of picks ensures nothing.