Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Bulls might be better IF Rose is healthy. That's a big if. And even then, I'm not sure. Wall has taken a step up this year in his game. He's nearly a 20/10 player. I don't think there is a huge gap between Wall and Rose. Hell there might not be any gap. And the Wiz are better at SG, SF, and PF. Bulls might have the bench edge but the Wiz bench is vastly improved this year.

Bulls definitely don't have the bench edge. Their bench is Taj Gibson (who is excellent) and Aaron Brooks (who is starting more often than not). They're a 7 or 8 player team and their starters are going to get run into the ground again. We run 11 or 12 deep and we have games where we can play 4 out of 5 starters less than 30 minutes.

There is no question that Wall is a better and more reliable player than Rose now. Rose is done as an AS caliber contributor.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

So what happened to the bench mob tonight?  Randy just stopped doing that all of the sudden.  He rotated guys in like he was doing late last season.  I was happy to see that.

I noticed he's been playing Wall and Gortat the whole first quarter. He played them heavy minutes last season, but he'd still take them out with a couple minutes left in the first.

Porter needs to spend time playing with Wall and Humphries can really come in at any point in any line up and make an impact. Plus both Nene and Pierce need to be early subs to have their minutes managed. So staggering substitutions is very natural IMO.

Randy has grown into the HC job. He's still got room to improve but he's gotten a lot better. And so long as he can show up big in the postseason and out-coach a Thibs, then we've got our man for the job.

A couple years ago when we were at our wit's end with Wittman, I would remind myself that Boston fans were at the same point with Doc Rivers back before the Big 3 came together and the team was bad. Same kind of complaints about mismanaged rotations and a jump shot reliant offense drawn up in crayon and poor usage of time outs. Celtics fans were calling for his head like we were calling for Randy's.

But you know what? He could coach. And he got his team to buy in 100%. And they played defense and moved the ball. And when he got really high caliber offensive talent to run that jump shot offense, they immediately started doing things. That's what the homer in me used to cling to in order to cope with my frustration with Randy. And damned if we're not actually seeing something similar play out before us now.

Andre Drummond is having a rough year. Major regression now that his role has expanded. He's a mess of an offensive player, whose numbers were heavily inflated by the extremely limited role he played his first two seasons. Catching the ball around the rim and dunking. That's what he did.

And I had arguments on RealGM about them saying he was better than ****ing DeMarcus Cousins. And Beal. LOL!! I'm never going to let that die. Here on ES we take it as gospel that numbers don't really tell you much about the truth in basketball. It's the opposite at RealGM. ****ing James Harden worshiping sabremetric loving nerds.

Thank the friggin Lord we didn't trade Beal for Harden. Kid is going to be better than Harden in a year or two. If not sooner.

Bulls definitely don't have the bench edge. Their bench is Taj Gibson (who is excellent) and Aaron Brooks (who is starting more often than not). They're a 7 or 8 player team and their starters are going to get run into the ground again. We run 11 or 12 deep and we have games where we can play 4 out of 5 starters less than 30 minutes.

There is no question that Wall is a better and more reliable player than Rose now. Rose is done as an AS caliber contributor.

in the postseason, you need to run 8 deep, 9 at most.

Now if you say Thibs likes to run his guys into the ground and that will wear them out in the playoffs, thats a much stronger point and one I will agree with.

But looking at the top 8 for both teams, I think the Bulls have it right now.

in the postseason, you need to run 8 deep, 9 at most.

Now if you say Thibs likes to run his guys into the ground and that will wear them out in the playoffs, thats a much stronger point and one I will agree with.

But looking at the top 8 for both teams, I think the Bulls have it right now.

Stop living in 2010.  Rose is a has been.  When will people accept that?

• Like 1

You all wanna hear some bull****? At the DMV here in VA this morning (finally replacing the Colorado tags on my car) and was looking at the various plates available. Got the Caps, eh not my thing. Got the Redskins, ugh no thanks. Got the Nats, Hmmm maybe. I really want a Wizards plate though...AND THEY DON'T ****ING HAVE ONE. The only team that doesn't have one. We really need to do something about that.

They got a ****ing ECU plate but they don't have a Wizards plate. If I get the process started to get one added, will you all help me get it going? Or if we're starting from scratch on this, maybe work on an old school Washington Bullets plate?

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 1

Honestly, how many wizard plates would they sell? Maaaaaybe a couple hundred? I bet more people would buy Lakers, Bulls, or Knicks.

How many people are buying a Virginia ECU plate? How many are getting a "War of 1812" plate? How many are getting a "Friends of Coal" plate? How many are getting a "Class J No. 611 Steam Locomotv" plate? I can go on and on with this...

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/vehicles/#splates/category.asp?category=S

And would there be that many more with Caps or even Nats plates if they did have a Bullets/Wizards plate?

How many people are buying a Virginia ECU plate? How many are getting a "War of 1812" plate? How many are getting a "Friends of Coal" plate? How many are getting a "Class J No. 611 Steam Locomotv" plate?

Are you surprised that there are more fans of pirates, wars, trains, and the industrial revolution then some fictional male witch?

Really interested to see how we play tonight. A let down feels inevitable after the emotions of last night's game. If we look good tonight, its a bigger statement than beating Cleveland.

Completely agree. Been thinking about that all day. A legit contender builds off of last night and kicks ass tonight. A young team who isn't there yet gets complacent after last night's big win and lays am egg tonight. Tonight will tell us a lot. Really looking forward to it.

How many people are buying a Virginia ECU plate? How many are getting a "War of 1812" plate? How many are getting a "Friends of Coal" plate? How many are getting a "Class J No. 611 Steam Locomotv" plate? I can go on and on with this...

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/vehicles/#splates/category.asp?category=S

And would there be that many more with Caps or even Nats plates if they did have a Bullets/Wizards plate?

I had no idea there were that many. Anyone ever seen the fox hunting license plate? lol wtf