Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

We go up one after the Beal three. Pacers get the ball and the refs call a petty foul on Ariza... IT DESTROYED OUR MOMENTUM, and worst of all, OUR RHYTHM GOT KILLED. The refs screwed us man.

The officiating was bad and favored the Pacers. But we lost this game with awful defense. It was pathetic. No adjustment on West and they got everything they wanted in the paint. They're not a good offensive team in general but we made them look good way too often. We played a bad series.

It is just so frustrating how the officiating had to STEP IN and make sure their precious #1 and #2 seeds got into the NBA. This league is such a ****ing joke it's ridiculous. This is why I watch hockey all the ****ing time and this is why I barely watch the ****ing NBA. Because it's so obvious that they rig this **** for ratings. This was supposed to be the year of parity and upset. Instead the same teams that were in the East final last year are in it again. The way the underdogs are disrespected in this league is flat-out criminal. 

One day the ****ing NBA will realize all the talent here and they'll be able to gift us a few series with the officiating. It's so ****ing pathetic that officiating had to play a damn part in it. 

Still don't want Wittman back, get somebody in here who can get the most of out Wall. Need someone creative who can work around a spotty, at best, jumpshot.

I would get rid of the GM, Wittman, Ariza, Nene, and Gortat.  That should fix the bullets.  We are champions!

Instead of complaining about the refs, how about the Wiz hit a couple of open 3s and try covering West at some point during the game. Before the last two fouls, the Wiz had more FT attempts and fewer fouls than the Pacers this game. Officials didn't let the Pacers shoot 58% in the first half.

Anyway, great season for the young guys. It's going to be an interesting off season with a lot of big decisions needing to be made.

Good season. Losing to the #1 seed in the second round is nothing to be ashamed of.

I'd love to find a team to dump Nene on and really hope Wittman isn't extended. I'll give him credit for doing a nice job this year, but close games when you need a good shot (see the last 6 minutes of tonight's game) he is not the coach you need.

An offense based around long jumpers just cannot win over 7 games against an evenly matched team.

Props to the fans that are staying and giving the guys that applause.

I usually don't say this but screw that.  Losing all 3 home games, I wouldn't clap them off the court, that is inexcusable.  That said, I also wouldn't boo because they already exceeded expectations.  I would've just left at the end of the game.

The Capitals deserve to be booed off the ice every time they are eliminated because they are usually the favorites and get steamrolled in do or die games. 

Offseason priorities:

1. Get real GM, sorry this doesn't negate Grunfeld's mediocrity

2. Upgrade at head coach; Mark Jackson is available...just sayin'.  Wittman is a nice guy and there are worse coaches but this team will not take that "next step" under him, he is not good enough in game on the fly.

3. Beg any team to take Nene off our hands...guy is made of glass and really isn't that good considering the price tag.

4. Re-sign Gortat.

5. Let Ariza walk, get Porter ready.

• Like 1

Wittman is not a good coach. People conveniently forget that he coached Minnesota before here, and he didn't do a good job there either. With better coaches like George Karl and Lionel Hollins on the market, it would certainly make sense to give them a shot. Of course, you can't really fire someone for making it to game 6 against the Pacers, even if the Pacers were largely a shell of their former self and a team so bad that they got pulverized in Game 5. 

I would like to see Porter hit the starting lineup but he has very little experience this year and largely sat on the bench. Will be curious to see if he gets his chance to shine. 

Edited by ixcuincle

The Wizards had a great season. They'll build on this. I wouldn't blame the refs either. The Wiz definitely had a winnable game tonight but poor defense and bad shot selection as well as just missing good looks doomed them. I think they just got wore down and their inexperience showed too.

They will be back.

That officiating was a travesty.  Nobody is out of line to suggest that a fix was in, I'm dead serious that was insanely incompetent officiating.  The Wiz didn't play that well, but that was a disgrace.  We couldn't buy a foul call, at home, getting hammered and Indy got freebies all night.

Edited by Sticksboi05

The officiating was bad and favored the Pacers. But we lost this game with awful defense. It was pathetic. No adjustment on West and they got everything they wanted in the paint. They're not a good offensive team in general but we made them look good way too often. We played a bad series.

True. We lost games 2, 4, and 6. They didn't win those games, we lost them.

Screw the refs though. I never in my life seen a home team fee screwed like that by the refs. I hope they brought them dinner...

Offseason priorities:

1. Get real GM, sorry this doesn't negate Grunfeld's mediocrity

2. Upgrade at head coach; Mark Jackson is available...just sayin'.  Wittman is a nice guy and there are worse coaches but this team will not take that "next step" under him, he is not good enough in game on the fly.

3. Beg any team to take Nene off our hands...guy is made of glass and really isn't that good considering the price tag.

4. Re-sign Gortat.

5. Let Ariza walk, get Porter ready.

I would only add:

6. Hope Webster returns to form or see if we can get rid of the contract. Gotta be better ways to spend that money, he's not nearly as effective off the bench as he was as a starter.

That officiating was a travesty. Nobody is out of line to suggest that a fix was in, I'm dead serious that was insanely incompetent officiating. The Wiz didn't play that well, but that was a disgrace. We couldn't buy a foul call, at home, getting hammered and Indy got freebies all night.

I just don't buy that but I get it, it's the standard after every NBA game, especially playoff games to say the refs put the fix in. There were bad calls both ways but I don't think it determined the outcome.

There is no reason for the refs not to force a game 7 here for extra ratings and then screw Wiz over in game 7 if that's the case.

It's just silly and petty to argue about the refs. The officiating is bad, it's always bad and it's usually bad both ways. The refs just aren't competent. It's been a problem for a long time but it didn't determine this game.