Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I don't think it's a coincidence that the entire team expires at the same time, including Grunfeld and Wittman. Perhaps Leonsis isn't allowing signings that extend beyond 2013-14 unless they are seen as can't miss (like Nene, which this organization is in love with).

Having said that this team clearly needed a four with range because our SF and PG lack range. Getting another C/PF continues the flawed team problem.

If I were a GM, I'd say screw it, you can walk or you can sign the extension. I'm not trading you and I'm sure as **** not facilitating a sign and trade. You walk you leave that 30 million on the table. Especially for a franchise changer like Dwight. It'd be worth the risk IMO. It's not like you get anything back of significance in a sign and trade anyway.

Hell, if I'm Orlando's GM, I'd tell him, I'll trade you to whoever the hell gives me the best deal and you can decide whether or not to report to your new team and I'm going to do what's best for the Orlando Magic, not you.

Unless he had something in his contract that said he couldn't be traded to certain teams, I'd tell him to kiss my ass about sending him only to Brooklyn.

It's not about length of contract, its about quality of the vet on the deal they have. Instead of signing overpriced middling talent this offseason, we traded for them.

We hope we'll be in a better place in 2 years, if we're not, it feels like Ted will finally do what he should of done years ago and fire Ernie, which would start another "rebuild".

The length is the most important feature of the contract. Instead of paying for overpriced middlin veteran FAs for four or five years we got ours for only two years. It makes a big difference.

Either way you look at it, it's better for us to only be making short term committments right now.

Worst case scenario, we're able to start everything over in two years slate clean instead of being screwed and having to wait forever/take on bad deals to blow it up like before (Arenas and Blatche contracts).

Best case scenario, we'll have a ton of cap room and some drawing power in potentially the strongest FA class or pair of classes in NBA history (2014 & 2015).

Somewhere in between scenario, we'll have the ability to keep most of our own rookie contracts and have some flexibility & draw to go after middling FAs that fit well with the core we've built--as it's ready to start its run.

It's too early for us to go after expensive long term FA role players right now. It's too early for us to give up on Seraphin, Vesely, Booker, and Singleton. We'd be operating without knowing what we need because we don't really know what we have with those players.

Hell, if I'm Orlando's GM, I'd tell him, I'll trade you to whoever the hell gives me the best deal and you can decide whether or not to report to your new team and I'm going to do what's best for the Orlando Magic, not you.

Unless he had something in his contract that said he couldn't be traded to certain teams, I'd tell him to kiss my ass about sending him only to Brooklyn.

The NBA has no franchise tag and thus players are free to move as they wish once they become free agents. If the Magic were to treat Howard horribly right now the entire league would hear of it and no star players would want to risk coming there. Diplomacy is required of general managers in the NBA.

The pressure here is on the Magic front office. He told them flat out "I am not signing here again" so that they could trade him and then gave them a second chance by adding a year. NBA players are rarely that frank and up front with teams they are planning to leave and this soap opera shows why. Assign whatever value you prefer to Dwight's motivations, the bottom line is the Magic have to get something at this point because there is no third chance.

Problem is Dwight scared a bunch of other teams away by saying he only wants to play in Brooklyn. Other teams aren't going to want to deal value for him if they think it'll only be a one year rental. Especially with his back injury.

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/wizards-talk/CSN-to-televise-3-Wizards-Summer-League-?blockID=737430&feedID=6356

CSN to televise 3 Wizards Summer League games

Bethesda, Md. (July 9, 2012) – Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, the region’s leading source for multiplatform sports coverage, will provide live coverage and primetime encores of three Washington Wizards games during the 2012 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas July 13-18. Coverage tips off with Bradley Beal's Wizards debut vs. Hawks on Friday, July 13th. See below for full schedule:

Comcast SportsNet’s Wizards Summer League TV Schedule:

Day/Date Opponent Live Encore

Friday, July 13 Atlanta Hawks 4 p.m. 7 p.m.

Tuesday, July 17 Memphis Grizzlies 6 p.m. 8 p.m.

Wednesday, July 18 Milwaukee Bucks 4 p.m. 7 p.m.

Why is Andray Blatche still on this team? Are we going to get rid of that trash? He's the only component that I don't like right now. He's like a sore.

Can't officially amnesty him until the 11th, although I'm still not sure they're going to go that route.

I talked about this with LKB in the NBA thread, but I wanted Wizards fans thoughts on these questions:

1.) Do you think the Wizards are more talented next season than Toronto, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Philly, and Indy?

2.) Do you think Chicago takes a significant step back if DRose is hurt most of the season?

3.) What are Brooklyn's prospects for next season like if Dwight has to miss a lot of time because of his back injury?

4.) How good is Indy if Portland signs Roy Hibbert?

5.) Are the Knicks a contender in the East next season?

6.) Is Boston?

7.) What are our chances of finishing second in the Southeast division?

8.) Do you all think we will make the playoffs?

---------- Post added July-9th-2012 at 08:38 PM ----------

This thread > NBA thread, so I'm gonna leave this here....

Kyrie Irving. Jesus H. Christ.

*Insert Marbury stink face after Amar'e yammed on Olowokandi*

Damn that's nice. It's easy to see why the NBA chose Blake Griffin as it's young face. He's the most breathtaking athlete in the sport IMO. Plus he's a better player than Shawn Kemp was around the same age. Odd that he can't block shots though. Must be his T-Rex arms.

Kyrie Irving is an electrifying ball handler. The league needs someone like him around now that Steve Nash and Dwyane Wade are starting to decline.

Better ball handler: Kyrie or Rubio?

same question: Kyrie or Rondo?

Edited by stevemcqueen1

I talked about this with LKB in the NBA thread, but I wanted Wizards fans thoughts on these questions:

1.) Do you think the Wizards are more talented next season than Toronto, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Philly, and Indy?

2.) Do you think Chicago takes a significant step back if DRose is hurt most of the season?

3.) What are Brooklyn's prospects for next season like if Dwight has to miss a lot of time because of his back injury?

6.) Is Boston?

---------- Post added July-9th-2012 at 08:38 PM ----------

Damn that's nice. It's easy to see why the NBA chose Blake Griffin as it's young face. He's the most breathtaking athlete in the sport IMO. Plus he's a better player than Shawn Kemp was around the same age. Odd that he can't block shots though. Must be his T-Rex arms.

Kyrie Irving is an electrifying ball handler. The league needs someone like him around now that Steve Nash and Dwyane Wade are starting to decline.

Better ball handler: Kyrie or Rubio?

same question: Kyrie or Rondo?

1. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No, No.

2. No. They won't take a big step back. Team proved that they can get W's w/o him. I think the plan will be to bring him along slowly so he's 100% by the time the playoffs start up.

3. Even if Dwight has to miss time b/c of his back, if he's on the Nets, you might as well set the schedule for them in the ECF vs. the Heat.

4. Indy matched. But to answer your question, no Hibbert on the Pacers would be HUGE. I'd have to retract my "no" from question 1. They're a deep team and well coached.

5. No. A playoff team? Yes. Nowhere near being a contender to come out of the East. They're like the Hawks (before the JJ deal). Ceiling is probably 4/5 seed at best, but wont make much noise in the 2nd season.

6. Yes. Boston will be right there in the mix to make the ECF. I still think it's going to be the Nets (assuming they land Dwight). But if the Nets/D12 deal falls through, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they reach the ECF again vs. the Heat. KG stepped up his play and so did Rondo. Losing Ray hurts, but Jason Terry will help fill that void. I also like their two rookies in Sully/Melo.

7. ABSOLUTELY! I think it's going to come down between the Wizards and Hawks for the #2 spot in the SE.

8. Yes. As an 8 seed. Book it.

1.) Do you think the Wizards are more talented next season than Toronto, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Philly, and Indy? Indy is the only sure bet to be better than us out of that group. Atlanta will take a step back. Toronto is a wildcard, I think they have more talent than us right now. Philly is still probably better than us but I think we could take them if our perimeter D steps up. Detroit, Cle, and Milwaukee I feel we have more talent than.

2.) Do you think Chicago takes a significant step back if DRose is hurt most of the season? Yes but they could still grab a 7-8 seed. Although, they might decide to, "tank."

3.) What are Brooklyn's prospects for next season like if Dwight has to miss a lot of time because of his back injury? Depends what seed they get and how healthy D12 is around the playoffs.

4.) How good is Indy if Portland signs Roy Hibbert? Pacers already said they'd match

5.) Are the Knicks a contender in the East next season? I doubt it

6.) Is Boston? I'm never going to count out Doc Rivers and Rondo. Especially if Pierce and Garnett are still around, so yes.

7.) What are our chances of finishing second in the Southeast division? Not too bad. I think we can overtake Atlanta. It will depend on their guard play.

8.) Do you all think we will make the playoffs? Toughest question yet. Right now I will say no but so many things can happen from now until then. Nothing wil surprise me, except not contenting for a spot and having another 20 win year. 35 wins minimum.

Thanks for the responses guys. This is the thread for the true DC basketball lovers. There are still like ten of us regularly posting. I trust your barometers and it helps me sort my own thinking out on the issues. I think those are some of the crucial questions for determining the playoff mix next season. There were a couple of thoughts I'd like to add to your answers.

- I think Philly beats us on overall depth and I know we don't have a player as good as Iggy yet. But I think the talent gap is really close between us. Same story for Indy. This was a former 8th seed the year before last. We don't have anyone as good as Granger and Hibbert is probably as good as Nene. But I don't really like their PGs, haven't completely seen it from Paul George yet, and they've got just a bunch of glue guys at PF. We could close the gap on them this year.

Other than that, I agree with RA15 that we feature better talent than Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland, and Toronto. I think it's pretty close with Atlanta. Healthy Horford and Josh Smith are better than our two best players. But that team just isn't very good any more after those two. I look down the line at Toronto's roster and see a good group with a bunch of nice role players but no star power whatsoever. Wall would legitimately be that team's best player right now. If Wall comes in next season as good as I think he will be, he'd be substantially better than anyone on that team. Valanciunas will be a rookie and I think Seraphin is pretty far ahead of him at this point. Lowery is efficient but not at all dynamic and I truly believe he's a lesser player than Wall today. DeRozan isn't really any better than Crawford or Vesely at this point. Landry Field was really bad last season. Terrence Ross will be a rookie and isn't nearly as good as Beal IMO. Nene is better than Bargnani and a healthy Okafor probably is too. We don't have a Jose Calderon, but they don't really have a Booker, or Ariza. I think we handle the Raptors.

- I think Chicago will be a late seed if Rose doesn't come back freakishly quickly from an injury that usually takes over a year to fully heal. I look at that team and see so little offense without Rose. Deng and Boozer and Noah are no better than our top three. I think their regular season success was running on fumes last season and it was telling how easily Philly waxed them in the playoffs. They can't contend without Rose and he won't be 100% even by the playoffs. I think they make it, but I think they lose in the first round again.

- I don't know the time frame on Dwight's injury but I'm assuming it won't be as long as DRose's. I think that team could have some chemistry issues to sort out early on. Once the trade happens, that will easily be the most overhauled roster in the league the past two years. They will have to figure out how to play together from scratch, which will take time. They're shipping off their depth to get Dwight. If he's hurt early, then that means they'll probably start slow, which can cause some stress if the team isn't resilient enough.

That said, with Dwight and a top tier PG like DWill, that team will be elite. It's only a matter of time. They could get a mid-late seed but still make the conference finals so long as Dwight gets healthy down the stretch.

- Didn't realize Indy was matching on Hibbert. Thanks for the info. There should be little drop off in Indy, although I think the changes in the FO could be a potential distraction. That team still needs go to scoring also. That'll keep them from truly joining the conference elite.

- I think the Knicks have a chance to make a deep playoff run but I don't think they can get past the Nets or Heat ultimately. They'll go as far as Carmelo takes them. Chandler is a big plus. Jason Kidd should be a big boon, especially if they keep Jeremy Lin. Honestly, that's an enviable PG situation. Amare is pretty washed up, but I don't know, maybe he turns it around and offers them at least something next season. Shumpert will likely be out most of the year and won't have his quickness all the way back until the playoffs. You can never count on JR Smith for long.

What they've got is Carmelo though. If he's as motivated as reported, he's the third or fourth best player in the conference. The only time the Knicks won't have the best player on the floor is when they play Miami and Brooklyn. That's worth something.

- I think Boston will contend for the same reasons as Fight4RGIII. Rondo and Rivers can always make a playoff game interesting for at least the first 46 minutes. KG is a pro and Pierce and be a big contributor for stretches. Sully was a terrific pick that'll be a hoss paired with Rondo, and JET will give their second line some much needed offense. I don't know that they can win the ECF, but they've got as good a shot of getting there as almost anyone. And I think they'll be in the playoff hunt every year even after Pierce and KG are completely done.

- I agree with F4RG3s take on the Southeast question. Only I think you're being a bit conservative. There is no chance their guard play will be even close to as good as ours. Josh Smith is a good bit better than any player we have. A healthy Al Horford probably is too. But for them to beat us, they're going to need Horford healthy and in top form. Thus I think it comes down to how good their front court players are. John Jenkins was a nice pick and I like Willie Green, they should retain him. But Jeff Green as your best perimeter player is a desperate situation.

- If John Wall makes a third year leap, I think the Wizards could finish much higher than the 8th seed. I could legitimately see them making the playoffs as the 5th or 6th seed. Remember, Boston was pretty mortal looking in the regular season before they turned it on down the stretch, and we matched up well with them the year before when we were a much worse team.

We match up shockingly well with the Heat, they are so bad against scoring bigs and have some trouble with dangerous PGs.

Brooklyn has kind of owned us unfortunately, and they've gotten much better. But Seraphin gives us something few other teams have--a guy whose proven effective at single guarding Dwight Howard. And John at least gives us a chance at dueling DWill to a draw, particularly if he improves defensively.

We won't beat any of those teams in a playoff series but we should be able to hold our own in the regular season.

We already know we can beat Chicago without an effective DRose.

The Knicks are a bad matchup for us. Chandler can defend our bigs and Ariza can't stop Melo. It'll be hard to run our offense against them and I don't like our chances at stopping their offense if Kidd/Melo/Lin find a way to gel.

Philly and Indy beat us regularly but those games have always been winnable. I think we can split with each team with luck.

And we should be able to mop up Orlando and Charlotte Our advantage over Cleveland, Toronto, Detroit, and Milwaukee is that we get 8 games against Orlando and Charlotte. Cleveland is too young and can't really match us in talent. We were pretty good against Detroit last season and we should actually be able to outscore the Bucks for the most part... although I think people are sleeping on this team. Like I said earlier, I think Toronto is less talented than us across the board.

I think Atlanta is really the only thing standing in our way for the playoffs. If we finish second in our division, we'll make it. In a single offseason, our division blessedly went from the toughest in the conference to the weakest.

---------- Post added July-9th-2012 at 10:03 PM ----------

Too late to make an edit to what I said....but in thinking about it, the Knicks a 5 seed at best - NOT a 4. I fully expect some kind of implosion this season and for the honeymoon stage to be over with Mike Woodson. He's an awful coach.

Woodson is nothing special, but that team is loaded with talent and experience. Jason Kidd makes them legitimately dangerous IMO. Him and Chandler are a proven duo that give that team the glue it needs to fill out its roster into a real basketball team.

Chandler is the best defensive big in the league. Carmelo is the fourth best overall scorer in the league and probably the most versatile scorer & greatest crunch time scorer in the league. He gets 30 points easier than anybody else, and like Singleton said, he and Pierce are the two hardest players to guard in the game because of their bags of tricks. Carmelo is easily the second best SF in the East. He's a legit star player that wins his matchups every night except against the Heat and Thunder. Pair him with top notch roster glue like Chandler, Kidd, and Shumpert and you've got the makings of a potent team with nice balance.

Plus Lin learning from Kidd is a terrific situation if they can keep him. And if Shumpert makes it back well enough to play defense like he did as a rookie, man, that's a nice group of guards. They've also got some shooters on the roster.

I think they're a really tough out without Amar'e. If he is anything like he was that first stretch of games for the Knicks, than they're a legit force. Of course I have my doubts he'll ever reach that level again. But with his ability to rebound and finish and that super effective mid range game, the Knicks would have as much firepower out of their forwards as the Heat and the Hawks + all of those good players at the 1, 2, and 5.

I also wanted to point out that I think Atlanta is a Josh Smith injury away from being a high lottery team now. Boy are they going to have to rely on him. He could put up some crazy numbers all around this year.

I just cant understand why bottom feeder teams like Cleveland and Charlotte and soon to be Orlando would be willing to help build a team that they could never dream of beating over the course of the next 5 years.... and in their own conference no less.

For the Clippers its getting Marshon Brooks. For the Magic its getting something out of Dwight. For the other team it's... not much but some team could find Kris Humphries valuable enough I suppose. Everyone involved wins to some extent except Orlando. They were never going to win no matter what.

---------- Post added July-10th-2012 at 12:15 AM ----------

Anyone else see Kevin Love's ******* comments about Minny?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8143084/kevin-love-losing-patience-minnesota-timberwolves-woeful-ways

"My patience is not high' date='" Love told Yahoo! Sports. "Would yours be, especially when I'm a big proponent of greatness surrounding itself with greatness? All these (Team USA) guys seem to have great players around them.

"It's tough seeing all these guys that are young and older who have all played in the playoffs. When they start talking about that, I have nothing to talk about. If I don't make the playoffs next year, I don't know what will happen."[/quote']

First off, way to be a good teammate buddy.

Second, since you apparently consider yourself "greatness," go ahead and elevate your game to match that label. You're the franchise big. Winning starts with you dumbass. Every truly great big man has put his team on his back and made it to the playoffs no matter who else was out on the floor with hem. Even Chris Bosh made the playoffs in Toronto. If you're a true franchise big then your team should NEVER finish with the worst record in the league when you're healthy. When you consider yourself one of the league's great big men and your team is still a high lotto outfit, then you need to look in the mirror. Basketball includes playing defense. Maybe if you weren't such a **** defender your team would win more games. After all it's hard to play good defense when your big is a grounded, slowfooted, undersized sieve. This isn't the 80's and you aren't Larry Bird.

I want to like Love because Stan Love is such a nice guy and he's a fun player to watch, but those are the comments of an arrogant douchebag. They are not the comments of a winner. He's no better than Blake Griffin. And arrogant, obnoxious prick that Griffin is, at least he seems like a good teammate.

---------- Post added July-10th-2012 at 12:24 AM ----------

What bothers me most is that this is the start of some bull**** with Love just like it was with Dwight. It's a ploy to grab power and influence with the Minny FO and it's counterproductive. He thinks they're sitting on their hands I suppose.

This isn't the first time he's pulled this ****. Remeber the "Free Kevin Love" campaign? These are the actions of a ****ty teammate.

All the while I'm thinking, if he felt this way, why the hell did he sign that extension? He said it himself, he likes his contract--as if playing for Minnesota is not a part of that contract. He thinks he can force his way out.

If I'm Minny I would be so tempted to say, you signed the deal, we own you're ass for the next three years, now STFU.

Anyone else see Kevin Love's ******* comments about Minny?

If I'm Minny I would be so tempted to say, you signed the deal, we own you're ass for the next three years, now STFU.

Yeah, I don't get what he could have been thinking. Nobody forced him to sign an extension with Minnesota. If he couldn't see that the GM is mildly incapable of building a team, than that's his own fault cause most everyone else can see it. All they do is draft PGs and PFs.

Damn that's nice. It's easy to see why the NBA chose Blake Griffin as it's young face. He's the most breathtaking athlete in the sport IMO. Plus he's a better player than Shawn Kemp was around the same age.

I guess maybe at the same age, but I'm easily taking prime Kemp over current Griffin. Kemp was amazing. Easily my favorite player of the 90's (outside of Barkley). Sonics were so my squad in NBA Jam TE.

---------- Post added July-10th-2012 at 01:03 AM ----------

Also, I think it's become pretty apparent that Kevin Love is a huge Douche. That **** with Scola last year shouldve made that clear.

---------- Post added July-10th-2012 at 01:07 AM ----------

Lol, three times now I've accidently gone to the first page in the thread instead of the last, not realized it, saw "Wiz sign Adam Morrison" and had a slight anxiety attack.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

For the Clippers its getting Marshon Brooks. For the Magic its getting something out of Dwight. For the other team it's... not much but some team could find Kris Humphries valuable enough I suppose. Everyone involved wins to some extent except Orlando. They were never going to win no matter what.

Why would small market teams (or any organization really) actively attempt to create a super team that they have no ability to ever beat? Its just ridiculous to me.

---------- Post added July-10th-2012 at 06:24 AM ----------

6.) Is Boston?

1. Yes... but i also believe that we will have either a bad injury destroy our lineups

2. Yes... it was already quite obvious at the end of the year and during the playoffs.

3. Still tops in the conference. They have Deron Williams and Joe Johnson. That right there is lethal enough. Add in the fact that there is talk that Richardson would be part of the deal! That is 2 legit 3pt threats on that team for Williams to kick it out to.

4. Indy would be DONE. And honestly.. i think they peaked last year anyways. Its down from here. Portland with Hibbert and Aldridge would be dangerous however.

5. Yes. IF they are motivated and somewhat healthy, they will contend. Add in J.R. Smith for the whole year, and i think they are top 4 ( without the D12 trade).

6. Boston is still top 3 to me. They played the majority of the season without Ray Allen. Garnett drank from the fountain of Shaq's playoff goblet and figured out how to prolong his career. Plus Rondo is just amazing.

7. I would say extremely high. I have faith in our team this year to be mediocre. Woo. Decent against good teams. Better against bad teams. Great against Miami.

8. Yes. But i dont see us going anywhere. Im crossing my fingers for a Wall explosion. I really think he can be like Rondo with a little practice. Crawford should shine as the 6th man. We have great big men who i believe compliment each other pretty well. Just need to resign a cheap spot up shooter ( Cartier Martin ) and hope that Vesely / Singleton learn to shoot.

I guess maybe at the same age, but I'm easily taking prime Kemp over current Griffin. Kemp was amazing. Easily my favorite player of the 90's (outside of Barkley). Sonics were so my squad in NBA Jam TE.

Kemp probably way better defensively. Good shotblocker too, Griffin is comically bad at it for such a phenomenal athlete. But Griffin is a better scorer already than Kemp ever was when you look at the numbers. More creative ability. Griffin was also an extremely fast starter while Kemp took a normal amount of time to develop.

It'll be interesting to see how their numbers stack up from here on out now that Griffin also has a top PG. Offensively, I think he beats Kemp's numbers by a lot and probably out rebounds him in the end. I think he's got a better motor than Kemp did.

The Sonics were sick, but I was a Jazz man. Stockton could get strip steals and windmill dunk it, Hornacek was naughty from three, and Malone was a beast in that game.

KJ and Majerle were pretty awesome in Phoenix. The Bulls were kind of a poor man's version of the Jazz with BJ Armstrong and Pippen. Still a good team that I used too. Charlotte was also pretty good with LJ and Alonzo but they were slow. I'd use them when my cousin was embarrassing me with relentless cheesy dunks and I needed to start blocking them to save my pride.

Also, I think it's become pretty apparent that Kevin Love is a huge Douche. That **** with Scola last year shouldve made that clear.
Forgot about that. Yeah, his explanation of it came off like he thought everyone was stupid enough to believe his, "I was just walking and his face was just there" line.

I have less of a problem with that than the comments about the team and him embracing the free Kevin Love crap that Bill Simmons fostered. Mean out of your big can be good (although you don't want blatantly dirty crap like that). But it's never good to be a bad teammate.

I don't get it. Stan Love is seriously one of the nicest and most likable and down to Earth guys I've ever heard interview. What happened with Kevin?

Lol, three times now I've accidently gone to the first page in the thread instead of the last, not realized it, saw "Wiz sign Adam Morrison" and had a slight anxiety attack.

It happens to me too when a post gets messed up in submission.

1) Yes, no, no, no, no, yes, and Definately No. Indy blows us out of the water

2) I wouldn't say significant. The East is always weak. 4/5 seed if Rose is out. They still have some talent

3) Grim. Even with DWill, they will have given away all their depth.

4) Like Chicago, Indy still has a good roster with alot of depth. They would be vulnerable in the middle, but could still have a .500+ record.

5) They just signed/traded for Camby, so yeah. Melo, Camby, Stoud and if they match Lin, they are still better than us.

6) As long as Rondo, KG and Pierce continue to put a uniform over their heads every other night, yes.

7) I don't think Ferry is quite done yet. Atlanta had a pretty good team with alot of youth. I say we overtake Orlando for 3rd when Howard is traded. 2nd is a stretch for me.

8) No. In an 82 game season we would have won 25 games. At best, we win 32, which is still not good enough in the weak East.

Edited by pjfootballer

Anyone know anything about the Wiz new assistant coach Don Newman from the Spurs? From what I read he is considered the "top assitant" and he is a defensive guy. But that's all I've been able to find out.

I hadn't even heard about it. If what you heard is true though, that's great news.