Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

There was nothing wrong with the article, all the new interesting stuff was from Sato. and some from Gortat. "Smear" of Wall.... really? Didn't come off that way to me -- at least the Sato portions. More a smear of Brooks to remind folks Sato was stuck behind Tim Frazier....

Premise that it was up to Sato to save the season.... I didn't buy.

Agree the team has 4-6 personnel depth, not 8-10 depth.

21 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

giannis isn't playing tonight I'm disappointed I'm here now

Make most of watching a good basketball team in person. I look forward to seeing us play Raptors on Sunday and hope we win, will not be surprised if I don't.  

Edit: I just edited that, meant team, same way I feel about the raptors

Edited by Renegade7

53 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

this sports interactive broadcast isn't bad. A little jumbled, and they could use a better font, but I do like seeing the live odds

Did they say how often they'll be doing this?

If Wiz & Caps play at same time that alternate channel is taken.

Didn't get to the website in time to answer the first couple. Picked the bucks to get to 50 first, but I think I've gotten the rest correct.

Edited by CRobi21

16 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Did they say how often they'll be doing this?

If Wiz & Caps play at same time that alternate channel is taken.

Didn't get to the website in time to answer the first couple. Picked the bucks to get to 50 first, but I think I've gotten the rest correct.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/25705887/nbc-sports-washington-plus-start-alternate-betting-focused-washington-wizards-broadcasts

Additional alternate broadcasts are scheduled for Wizards games on Jan. 27 at the San Antonio Spurs, Jan. 30 against the Indiana Pacers, Feb. 2 against the Bucks, Feb. 22 at the Charlotte Hornets, March 3 against the Minnesota Timberwolves, March 19 against the Utah Jazz and April 5 against the Spurs.

on a different note, we scored 40 in the 1st quarter and 17 since

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Thanks 1

The issue with this offense is that you can shut us down by playing us at the three point line and daring us to beat you off the dribble.  As soon as our guys take a dribble, our percentages plummet.

Beal is going to have to run point and draw doubles and get the drive and kick game going.  That's the only way we can create space for shooters.

Meanwhile they're taking open threes just from simple screens and perimeter passes.  They're not having to work hard for their looks.  That does not bode well.

Why can't we play defense like Milwaukee?  Why can't we communicate and run switches like they do?  Ice pick and rolls and collapse on the ball when it gets into the paint?  We run these wing heavy line ups with guys who are not bad defenders.  Why is it that we have soooo many breakdowns?

Why do we foul constantly on defense?

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Why can't we play defense like Milwaukee?  Why can't we communicate and run switches like they do?  Ice pick and rolls and collapse on the ball when it gets into the paint?  We run these wing heavy line ups with guys who are not bad defenders.  Why is it that we have soooo many breakdowns?

Why do we foul constantly on defense?

they have a coach who actually coaches

novel concept I know, but I think they might be on to something

• Like 1

Otto sucked tonight.  Was hoping he would go on a roll after last game but it just doesn't happen with him.  If we win this, it'll be because Jeff Green came up big in the second half and replaced Otto's production and Beal had another dominant game.

It's also helping that Milwaukee is worn out and laying a bunch of bricks.

Athreeza!

Have to keep making shots.