Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, Gamebreaker said:

Did he actually say he wanted to go to the Lakers, or is that the usual speculation from the media that comes with every big name player? I can't see a superstar, who wants to escape Indiana because he believes he has zero shot at a title, wanting to go to LA where the FO is even worse and and the competition even harder. If so, he just wants more "exposure" for his brand and he doesn't want to win. 

I have to agree. 

With the Warriors being as stacked as they are, I don't know how much sense it makes for guys wanting to play in that conference.  ESPECIALLY for a team that could very well be worse than the one he just came from. 

I dunno...could be a Nike push for PG to get more exposure.  I still think he ends up playing in the East. 

14 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Did he actually say he wanted to go to the Lakers, or is that the usual speculation from the media that comes with every big name player? I can't see a superstar, who wants to escape Indiana because he believes he has zero shot at a title, wanting to go to LA where the FO is even worse and and the competition even harder. If so, he just wants more "exposure" for his brand and he doesn't want to win. 

He grew up about an hour from Staples and hasn't hid his affinity for going to LA very well when its come up. Unlike Durant, the idea of going home seems appealing to him.

Jim Buss out and Magic running things now probably has people feeling better about the future of the situation.  

11 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

I have to agree. 

With the Warriors being as stacked as they are, I don't know how much sense it makes for guys wanting to play in that conference.  ESPECIALLY for a team that could very well be worse than the one he just came from. 

I dunno...could be a Nike push for PG to get more exposure.  I still think he ends up playing in the East. 

I'm sure his going to LA would be contingent on other plans Magic had in mind around that move.  Just the promise of playing with Swaggy P isnt gonna cut it.

Edited by justice98

I'd trade Oubre, a first, Sato and Mahini for George. I have no idea what the Pacers would want, but that would be better than nothing.

I think Oubre/Sato/Pick is much, more likely than Porter in this instance. I think Porter gets maxed out by someone dumb and he walks

7 hours ago, Skins199021 said:

I'd trade Oubre, a first, Sato and Mahini for George. I have no idea what the Pacers would want, but that would be better than nothing.

I think Oubre/Sato/Pick is much, more likely than Porter in this instance. I think Porter gets maxed out by someone dumb and he walks

It's more likely than Porter for the simple fact we can't trade Otto until we extend him and wait 6 months.  I don't think Otto is going anywhere though.

Trading Oubre and losing Otto is too much risk without a guarantee from Paul George that he'll sign an extension.  I'd move Oubre for George, but I'd need to bring Otto back for sure.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Trading Oubre and losing Otto is too much risk without a guarantee from Paul George that he'll sign an extension.  I'd move Oubre for George, but I'd need to bring Otto back for sure.

I think the trade doesn't go down at all unless George indicates he'd sign an extension upfront.  They're not making this trade not knowing what George is gonna do. 

Now, having said that, is a one year rental that bad?  See what happens in 2017, clear out space for a run at Boogie in 2018.

51 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Now, having said that, is a one year rental that bad?  See what happens in 2017, clear out space for a run at Boogie in 2018.

Oubre, Sato, and draft picks isn't the kind of space you want to clear out though.  Those are the cheap guys likely to majorly outperform their deals.  Gortat and Mahinmi are the ones you need to move.

****ing Mahinmi.  Worse than useless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No way I trade for PG without an extension already ironed out.  If he's willing to go to the Lakers, who are still not a playoff team, its not going to be about how well we do to get him to stay.

This. If we get him it will be for a year or something. Then he goes to finish it up in LA. Do not want. 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No way I trade for PG without an extension already ironed out.  If he's willing to go to the Lakers, who are still not a playoff team, its not going to be about how well we do to get him to stay.

Not just that, if we traded for him, I think we'd have the right to offer him a fifth year.  That plus the fact that his income tax rate would be so much lower means he could make a ton more money on his contract here under the circumstances.

If he turned down more money AND playing for a Finals contender to go play for a Lakers team that's a mess, then it's not about money or winning for him.  It's about wanting to play in his hometown.  So that's a fish you'd just have to throw back.

So many stars on the move this offseason and the Wizards are without assets.  This is the cost of a GM that covers his mistakes with trades.  Add any of these stars and the Wizards could make a finals appearance, but we aren't getting any major upgrades this offseason.  We'll be lucky just to tread water and not lose talent.

• Like 5