Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Everyone always talks about the location of the new fedex field, but I never see any talk about a replacement for the MIC Center. That building is 20 years old now and I think the lease is up in 2020. Do you guys think Ted will keep the teams at the current location or will he move somewhere else?

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Everyone always talks about the location of the new fedex field, but I never see any talk about a replacement for the MIC Center. That building is 20 years old now and I think the lease is up in 2020. Do you guys think Ted will keep the teams at the current location or will he move somewhere else?

Would seem foolish to move it.  It's a great location.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Woukd seem foolish to move it.  It's a great location.

Agreed, but Ted has talked about owning instead of leasing so there is a good possibility that he could take his teams and go elsewhere.

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Verizon Center is still a quality arena. No need to move out. Ted will keep them there as he should.

My uncle has been a manager there since the building has opened and be told me that there are a lot of areas in the building that are in rough shape. Perhaps that's something that renovation can improve but that combined with Ted already complaining about the high Rent cost makes me raise my eyebrows.

Going to need a super-team to compete.  No getting around it.  I hope EG is taking a long, hard look at what's happening in the Finals right now.  Pretty much everyone outside of GS is playing for 2nd place.  Last thing we need is for this same roster to come back next year.  EG needs to move all the chips to the middle of the table and try EVERYTHING to land Boogie.  A core of Wall/BEal/Porter isn't it.  Need a legit 3rd star player for this team to come out of the East and hope that there is an injury to to one of the big-4 in GS.  LOL. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Moving Porter for Cousins isn't getting it done either.

The only thing that's going to get in Golden State's way is a hard cap.

Porter for Cousins makes this team 10x better...and can probably can LEGIT contend for getting out of the East. 

However, there's the biggest gap in NBA history between the best team in the league and everyone else. 

No one is going to take down this Warriors buzzsaw w/o an injury to one of their star players. 

You need a super team like was already said. 

The Wiz would need Wall to step up, Beal to step up, Otto to step up, keep Morris and bring in Boggie to even have a shot. And even then they wont have people like iggy Livingston coming off the bench lol. 

Its sick, but im not even mad. Surprisingly. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

You need a super team like was already said. 

The Wiz would need Wall to step up, Beal to step up, Otto to step up, keep Morris and bring in Boggie to even have a shot. And even then they wont have people like iggy Livingston coming off the bench lol. 

Its sick, but im not even mad. Surprisingly. 

I fear that if things stay the same, we'll see Wall bolt.  Wizards can't trot the same lineup out there next year and have a realistic expectation to surpass Boston or Cleveland.  If they do, it will be yet another wasted year of Wall here in DC.  Now is the time for the front office to stop messing around and actually take some gambles towards making a legit big-3.  We're 2/3 of the way there...it's just up to EG *chuckles* to make it work. 

Just now, RonArtest15 said:

I fear that if things stay the same, we'll see Wall bolt.  Wizards can't trot the same lineup out there next year and have a realistic expectation to surpass Boston or Cleveland.  If they do, it will be yet another wasted year of Wall here in DC.  Now is the time for the front office to stop messing around and actually take some gambles towards making a legit big-3.  We're 2/3 of the way there...it's just up to EG *chuckles* to make it work. 

That's exactly my fear. They should know this though. 

17 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

It might be blasphemous to say this. Also, it'll never happen...

But I think we can take the Warriors if we had Lebron.

Doubt it but Wall and Beal would be a better supporting cast than Irving and Love.

Still have no answer for Durant though...

Honestly if Durant came to the Wiz the NBA would be in so much better shape. You'd have four legit power teams that could win it all in the Cavs, Spurs, Warriors, and Wiz, instead of what it is now with just one super godly team just crushing everyone.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I don't know if we have an answer for anyone on defense, and even adding LeBron probably wouldn't help. 

Our issues on defense seemed much more related to scheming than players.

That and consistent effort.  We don't run to the line or there to begin with to slow down three point shooter, and good 3 point shooting teams tended to tear us a new one.

• Like 1

Effort and toughness were our issues on defense.  When this team truly committed to playing defense, they were pretty spectacular.  A healthy Mahinmi was probably the biggest factor.  And a locked in Morris and Beal were revelations.  I didn't realize just how good an on ball defender Brad can be when he's playing hard.

Coaching and focus were major problems on defense.  Let's be clear, the Wizards were bad defensively.  They were not inconsistent but mostly good as we've seen in years past, but mostly bad.  Guys were clearly getting lost on defense, failing to get back in transition, and getting caught watching the ball. 

I'm hoping that much of this is just the first year with a new coach, the addition of Bogs (a bad defender in the best of circumstances) mid season, and poor health at PF/C.  Next year much of this might take care of itself simply by virtue of the guys getting more comfortable in their roles and getting healthy.  

Overall though, I'm not thrilled with what I saw from Scott Brooks in the playoffs.