Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Great post. I saw Wall make those comments to Van Pelt this morning. Yeah a real selfish guy...

There's not a chance in hell I would trade John Wall for Rajon Rondo. Rondo is a good pointguard if he never has to shoot the ball. Give Wall a year or two and he'll have no weaknesses whatsoever.

Besides, I wonder if Cow**** realizes what a huge inadvertant compliment he paid to Wall in that he's trying desperately to defend Rondo against a comparison to Wall after his third ****ing game. What an idiot.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

I got this idea after skimming through a different Wiz board. But if cap/salaries/attitudes wasn't a problem and just based purely on talent...would any of you consider trading John Wall (purely hypothetical,obviously would never happen) for Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant or any other player in the NBA??

IMO I wouldn't trade Wall for any player I think he is eventually going to be better then any guy out right now.

I got this idea after skimming through a different Wiz board. But if cap/salaries/attitudes wasn't a problem and just based purely on talent...would any of you consider trading John Wall (purely hypothetical,obviously would never happen) for Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant or any other player in the NBA??

IMO I wouldn't trade Wall for any player I think he is eventually going to be better then any guy out right now.

I would only trade him for Durant, mainly because Durant is almost just as young and I think he's a future all-time great.

I can't separate attitude when discussing Le****. my hatred for that man is well established, never want to see him on the Wizards.........EVER

Kobe is still Kobe, but he's a 30 or 31 with the minutes of a 35 year old player. Wall has at least a decade of future dominance, Kobe has about 3-5 years of dominance left.

Not that it's going to happen but since we're on the hypothetical train... Here's why we never trade John Wall-

The Wizards have a chance at a true rebuild that can be absolutely all about an organic growth into a pure team. Piece by piece, step by step, year by year. Leonsis has already gotten this process going successfully with the Capitals and there's no reason to abandon that approach for the future Bullets. Even to trade for Durant would spark a "win now" process that's very risky in the NBA as we saw with the "Big 3" we had in recent years. This is a chance for a home-grown team built for longevity.

I dont ever remember seeing Jordan do that :whoknows:

of course, he was mostly before my time...I only remember KG doing it and its basically the same kind of routine.

He would get the chalk and then clap his hands in the face of the guys at the scorers table. KG and LeFraud took it a little further with their ghey volcanos.

I have no problem with unifying the colors. That doesn't mean we are stealing anyone's tradition, especially considering that the Bullets used to sport the red, white and blue earlier anyways.

It's just really lame that you have nothing from your own teams tradition to get the crowd to boo and everytime the opposing team is shooting FT's you have to use a football rivalry. If I want to boo the Cowboys, I'll go to a Redskins game.

And the fact that the Bullets had the RW & B before the Caps or Nats.

When Gil gets back, Wall won't be asked to score 29. He'll be in the 15-20 range and his assist will go up and he can concentrate on getting the TOs down. And Cowturd comparing a rookie in his 3rd game to a 3/4 year veteran is insane. And the guys in the 80's like Magic and Isaiah were just as ****y. They may not have done a pregame dance, but don't let their "awe shucks" demeanor fool you. They were ass****** on the court and would do anything to kick your ass. Same with Larry Bird. Bird was a big trash talker.

GACOLB, I don't think it's racism (is Rondo white?).

It's the dance. It's "too black" for Cowherd. You got 40-year-old white guys making a living commenting on young Black and Latino kids. Coming from a culture they don't (or can't?) understand. They'd prefer them to keep their head down, yes sir, no sir. All proper like. Thats why he prefers Rondo. The turnover thing is just some game bit he threw in. No way he's dumb enough to think that that's a legitimate issue with a player three games into his career. It's really about the dance.

Maybe I'm misreading it but that's what I'm taking out of it.

And the only player I'd trade Wall for is Durant. I think he's going to go down as (at least) the second best player after Jordan. I'm not sold on Howard being a player who can put a team on his back like Durant or Wall can.

I don't think I even need to say anything about Lebron.

It's the dance. It's "too black" for Cowherd. You got 40-year-old white guys making a living commenting on young Black and Latino kids. Coming from a culture they don't (or can't?) understand. They'd prefer them to keep their head down, yes sir, no sir. All proper like. Thats why he prefers Rondo. The turnover thing is just some game bit he threw in. No way he's dumb enough to think that that's a legitimate issue with a player three games into his career. It's really about the dance.

Maybe I'm misreading it but that's what I'm taking out of it.

And the only player I'd trade Wall for is Durant. I think he's going to go down as (at least) the second best player after Jordan. I'm not sold on Howard being a player who can put a team on his back like Durant or Wall can.

I don't think I even need to say anything about Lebron.

Did you see South Park parody Lebron's commercial

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/25659412

As for Wall's boss, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis, who recently purchased the Wizards from the Pollin family? Leonsis has Wall's back completely.

So much so that he is attempting to capitalize on the good buzz surrounding Wall's boogie down by promising to get in on the action. Writing on his blog, Ted's Take , Leonsis salutes Wall's play and says he will "Dougie" if the Wizards can sell out a home game.

History is being made at Verizon Center again. A rebuild is taking shape. A wonderful star is in the making. So far - so good.

We need your help. We play this Saturday night. We need and want you to be in attendance. The team plays better in front of a sold out building. Come support the team. Click here. Off of soap box now.

When we have a total paid sellout this season, I will do the “Dougie” - I promise.

Now this is a Mark Cuban-esque 21st century NBA owner at his best. In one simple blog post, Leonsis sells tickets, connects directly with fans and potential fans, hypes up his team, and provides cover for his young superstar in the face of some unnecessary criticism. In a league where so many ownership groups are anonymous and/or out-of-touch, Leonsis is the opposite, bringing creative, fan-friendly ideas like Midnight Madness and 3-D video introductions to the table in just his first few months of ownership.

After a 2009-2010 season that was a public relations disaster for the Wizards, Leonsis is instilling the right energy when and where it is needed most.