Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Who knows? I do know that superstars will want to come play in DC with Ted marketing the hell out of this team and us having a really talented young core.

You could've asked this question to the Celtics pre Allen and KG and they would have said **** no. But a lot can change in just one offseason and I think the Wizards have the key piece to finally becoming an attractive destination for NBA players. Who wouldn't love to play with a PG as ****ing awesome as John Wall? Superstar in the making + an owner with deep pockets = awesome :)

I hear Dwight Howard is available in 2012.

John Wall to Dwight? SICK.

God, I feel like I've been stabbed in the throat. I think screaming at McGee's stupid ass is what did it to me.

Anyway, John Wall is amazing. Legit. The real deal. I can't belive there were people who wanted Evan Turner over him. I'm calling it now, Evan Turner will NEVER be an All Star. Not once. The sky is the limit for Wall.

And Bostic Hog, do us a favor and go jump off a bridge. A Skins/Philly fan? You. Are. A. Loser. Period. End of story. I don't even need to meet you to know this.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I'm just providing a realistic view ...

Do you think the Wizards are gonna win an NBA championship in the next 10 years? Serious question ...

I don't think the Wizards will win an NBA Championship in the next 10 years.

But I do think the "Bullets" will . :)

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

There are other players on the court that affect who wins. But yes, David might have been better than John Wall. We'll have to see how Wall does from here on out.

Finding a former dream teamer and Hall of Famer to say was a better rookie than Wall is doesn't strike me as much of an indictment of Wall's ability.

Wall's in great company right now with numbers that look an awful lot like Oscar Robertson's. Robertson gave us the greatest rookie season ever: 30.5 points, 10.1 rebounds, 9.7 assists. With the pace of today's game being what it is, that kind of season will probably never be repeated, even by LeBron. But as ESPN points out, Wall's and Robertson's points and assists are basically identical over each's first three games.

I can't believe how good he is already. It took Chris Paul until April to get his first triple double and Durant until the last game of the season to get his first double double. Wall was a steal away from getting one in his third game? Ridiculous. If he can get healthy and keep up the pace, he'll easily dwarf the rookie seasons that LeBron and Tyreke Evans each had, not to mention those of Rose and Roy. Hell, at this pace, his rookie season will be better than Jordan's and Jordan was older with two more seasons of college ball under his belt than Wall had..

Blake Griffin has been brilliant too and everyone will forget about him. Well, except me. I've got each of them on both my Roto teams :)

Finding a former dream teamer and Hall of Famer to say was a better rookie than Wall is doesn't strike me as much of an indictment of Wall's ability.

Wall's in great company right now with numbers that look an awful lot like Oscar Robertson's. Robertson gave us the greatest rookie season ever: 30.5 points, 10.1 rebounds, 9.7 assists. With the pace of today's game being what it is, that kind of season will probably never be repeated, even by LeBron. But as ESPN points out, Wall's and Robertson's points and assists are basically identical over each's first three games.

I can't believe how good he is already. It took Chris Paul until April to get his first triple double and Durant until the last game of the season to get his first double double. Wall was a steal away from getting one in his third game? Ridiculous. If he can get healthy and keep up the pace, he'll easily dwarf the rookie seasons that LeBron and Tyreke Evans each had, not to mention those of Rose and Roy. Hell, at this pace, his rookie season will be better than Jordan's and Jordan was older with two more seasons of college ball under his belt than Wall had..

Blake Griffin has been brilliant too and everyone will forget about him. Well, except me. I've got each of them on both my Roto teams :)

Haha, I agree. Wall is incredible.

I'm just providing a realistic view ...

Do you think the Wizards are gonna win an NBA championship in the next 10 years? Serious question ...

Dude, the Phillies lost. Get over it. Your pitching staff that was "built for October" got beat by a bunch of misfits and your fearsome batting order was squelched by an actual pitching staff built for October. Don't mean you gotta hate on the local tam on a Washington message board.

BTW, the Wiz had 3 plays on Sportscenter's top 10 (one of Wall's baskets; Martin's buzzer-beater; and McGee's sick dunk) :)
Now isn't that a change of pace?

9 ****ing steals? Are you kidding me?

We have got to get Gilbert back and work him into our offense somehow so Wall can be more of a facilitator and we won't have to rely on him for 30 points a night to win.

John Wall is obviously not fully formed yet but as long as he can stay healthy the sky is the limit for this kid. He was in high school 2 years ago. How some folks can say Blake Griffin will be the ROY no question at this point seems crazy to me.

Wall's turnovers will go down once Gilbert comes back. Right now he is the only player on the team capable of handling the ball and doing anything with it. Having another player who can play off the dribble will help him out a lot.

BTW pleasantly surprised by his jumpshot. It's not Steve Nash esque but he has good form and he's making a good amount of them to keep defenses honest. It's no where near as bad as say, Rondo. I'm guessing within three years he's going to be as deadly an outside threat as he will be attacking. Seriously, the sky is the limit for him and for our franchise as long as he is here.

BTW pleasantly surprised by his jumpshot. It's not Steve Nash esque but he has good form and he's making a good amount of them to keep defenses honest. It's no where near as bad as say, Rondo. I'm guessing within three years he's going to be as deadly an outside threat as he will be attacking. Seriously, the sky is the limit for him and for our franchise as long as he is here.

His game reminds me of Dwyane Wade...I seem to remember Wade not being the best shooter when he first came in the league - he was more of a rim attacker. I think Wall has more of a polished game than Wade when he came into the league, once he develops his shooting, the sky is the limit for sure.

His game reminds me of Dwyane Wade...I seem to remember Wade not being the best shooter when he first came in the league - he was more of a rim attacker. I think Wall has more of a polished game than Wade when he came into the league, once he develops his shooting, the sky is the limit for sure.

Wade is more of a two guard than Wall though and a much better pure scorer.

Wade is more of a two guard than Wall though and a much better pure scorer.

I agree. I've never really seen a point guard built quite like Wall. His length and speed and floor vision are so special. I think you have to go back to Oscar Robertson to find a PG who could dominate opponents athletically like Wall, but still have the passing skill to facilitate too.

Wade had a good mid range game by the end of his rookie season. I think the only similarities are how aggressive they are attacking the basket. You can definitely see a lot of Wade in Wall when we get on the fast break. No matter how many players are running back, Wall will get the bucket or the foul.

Wall is a better passer than Wade. Wade is good at driving and dishing but his court vision isn't like Wall's. Wall is racking up these assists playing with a mostly lousy squad. I'll give Al Thornton credit though, he's not the selfish shot jacking loser I thought he would be. Excellent defense, attacking the rim and taking good shots. We might need to use Josh Howard off the bench.

I agree. I've never really seen a point guard built quite like Wall. His length and speed and floor vision are so special. I think you have to go back to Oscar Robertson to find a PG who could dominate opponents athletically like Wall, but still have the passing skill to facilitate too.

I'd say Wall is like Derrick Rose but not as strong a scorer, but a better passer.

I'd say Wall is like Derrick Rose but not as strong a scorer, but a better passer.

I think right now Wall is not as strong scoring but in a year when Wall can add some more muscle and work on his game he very well could be a better PG than Rose. What he did last night and has done already this year just proves we made a great pick with him and how lucky we are going to be to have him

I think of Wall as a more athletic Jason Kidd.

This is what I was thinking, particularly from a defensive standpoint. He'll be a better shooter than Kidd though. Eventually Wall will have no weaknesses.

I like Thornton and I want to see him get a lot of time to see if he can become a decent piece moving forward. I agree that I'd rather see him start than Howard since I think we need to constantly keep the focus on youth and building cohesion/familiarity. Nick Young also seems to be flourishing with opportunity. Now if we could just get McGee's head out of his bum and to become the player we've been praying for him to, that'd be a nice core.