Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

That was that last box they needed to check this year, prove they can beat Cleveland.  Sky is the limit.

Beat Cleveland in Cleveland.  They'll need to do it again in the playoffs.  Bring it on!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

Too early to tell or sure, but our post-AS funk may be over now.

Maybe... I want to see how they play the Lakers  Tuesday night. Sticks mentioned earlier how we play to the level of our teams. The Lakers are basically a college team right now. I want to see  them put it to them in their house coming off a road win against Cleveland on two days rest.

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

**** man.  Boston is going to get the one seed.

Cleveland and Washington are the two best teams in the East.  We deserve the opportunity to pound some butt against the Raptors and Celtics before meeting in the conference finals.

Just means if we get out of the second round we are going to the finals. Not conference finals. Finals. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Just means if we get out of the second round we are going to the finals. Not conference finals. Finals. 

True.  But I don't think we can beat a healthy Cleveland in a series.  That said, all it takes is one injury to any of their big three.  That team is paper thin.

Even healthy, I think we can take Cleveland and Boston straight up. The hard part is playing against Lebron's superstar calls and Al Horford's moving screens. I am more afraid of playing against a team like Miami and Milwaukee where whiteside can dominate our bigs, and the freak can put his hand in all the passing lanes. 

Cavs in a series is tough because of Lebron. He'll get every call in the book and then some. We can push them to 6, MAYBE 7, but a game 7 in Cleveland? There is no chance the league lets us win that game.

Celtics I'm not worried about at all. I think in a series we'd beat them. No way Thomas checks Wall at all. Wall always shows up against other team's big time PGs in the playoffs. Remember when he dominated Lowry two years ago? And he abused Irving offensively and defensively last night.

43 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Jason Smith, man...got a 3 headed monster at the 5 when all of them dudes are healthy. 

Smith's ability to hit the mid-range and go beyond the arc has me thinking this team will be just fine if they let Gortat go in the summer. 

I don't trust Mahinmi enough to let Gortat go.  Mahinmi seems like the type that will always be in an out of the lineup nursing some injury.  I'm not Gortat's biggest fan, but his reliability should not be overlooked

• Like 2