Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Beal is starting to look effortless scoring the ball at times.  I don't mean spot up shots created by others, but situations where he is creating for himself.  He reads the situation and calmly gets the shot he wants without having to make a real athletic movement.  It's going to be interesting to see how high his ceiling is.

That stepback of his is lethal. Seems to be finishing at a higher clip around the basket.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

So are the cavs really this vulnerable or are they just gliding till the Playoffs?

It's going to be hard to turn around that defense, because I don't believe its just effort.  I don't think its written in stone they come out the East, not the way they have been playing for a while now, not just lately.

• Like 1

They have a talent advantage too.  Not in guys 4-10.  But in 1-3.  The reason we'll beat the tar out of Boston and Toronto is the same reason Cleveland will beat us.  LeBron is better than Wall and Love is way better than Porter.  The gap between LeBron and John isn't as big as you'd think though.  And Beal is better than Kyrie.

I think we take them to 7 and lose unless one of their big three gets injured.  If that were to happen, then I think we beat them.

I'm not going to be mad if we end up losing to a healthy Cavs team.  I'm expecting the refs to **** us over and I'm expecting their star power to wear us out.  The only thing I'm going to be mad about is that it will happen in the second round instead of the ECF.  I want the chance to play either Boston or Toronto to beat the crap out of them and shut their fan bases up.  Those teams are ****ing frauds.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

20 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They have a talent advantage too.  Not in guys 4-10.  But in 1-3.  The reason we'll beat the tar out of Boston and Toronto is the same reason Cleveland will beat us.  LeBron is better than Wall and Love is way better than Porter.  The gap between LeBron and John isn't as big as you'd think though.  And Beal is better than Kyrie.

I think we take them to 7 and lose unless one of their big three gets injured.  If that were to happen, then I think we beat them.

I'm not going to be mad if we end up losing to a healthy Cavs team.  I'm expecting the refs to **** us over and I'm expecting their star power to wear us out.  The only thing I'm going to be mad about is that it will happen in the second round instead of the ECF.  I want the chance to play either Boston or Toronto to beat the crap out of them and shut their fan bases up.  Those teams are ****ing frauds.

I agree with everything you say but I think our sum is greater than thier parts. Player wise he's they have the advantage but I cannot talk about this matchup, especially in a 7 game series, without taking into account how well we play as a team when we are on. I think as a squad we are closer to evenly matched than you think. 

Wall Beal and Otto work better together than Bron Irving and Love, to me. And that advantage gets better the farther down our roster you get. 

• Like 1

At this point, what do we hope for seeding wise? Seems like it's going to be tough to hang on to the 3 seed with how hot Toronto is and the fact that we have a lot of road games left. Do we hope Boston takes the 1 seed if we end up 4th? 

Im kind of thinking it just is what it is at this point. If we have to play Cleveland in the second round, so be it.

Im hoping Atlanta hangs on to the 5 seed or the Pacers move up. I want no parts of the Bucks. They are heating up. 

I honestly couldn't care less about who we play in the first round.  We'll beat any potential opponent among the four lower seeds.  Boston is going to finish with the one seed.  Cleveland is coasting into the playoffs and Boston has a cakewalk schedule.  The real question is how far does Cleveland fall?  If it's to two or three, then I want the four seed.  If they slide all of the way to the four seed, then I want two or three.

My guess is that Cleveland doesn't fall to four though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I am ready to test our mettle against Cleveland regardless of what round it occurs.  Our title window is just now cracking open.

I want the chance to play Boston or Toronto first.  And I think there is value in getting to the ECF.  It would strengthen John and Brad's brands.  And hype governs the way teams are officiated in this ridiculous league.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I want the chance to play Boston or Toronto first.  And I think there is value in getting to the ECF.  It would strengthen John and Brad's brands.  And hype governs the way teams are officiated in this ridiculous league.

There is some truth and value to this, but not enough for me to really worry about it.  Let's get our 50 wins, finish strong and take our chances.

• Like 1

I think we'll get the 4 seed. I expect 1 or 2 wins on the road trip, and that doesn't change my expectations for the Playoffs though. I just think it's tough to get more than 2 wins out of these 4 road games. And Toronto is red hot, and had an easier schedule here on out. I think it'll be Boston, Cleveland, Toronto, then us. And I expect to see Cleveland in the East finals.

Everybody, and I do mean EVERYBODY, would tune in to watch us give LeGump the bizness in the 2nd round.  It would be the premier 2nd round matchup by a country mile.  We would be the people's choice nationwide and get a ton of good press/exposure.

Of course, a lot of that would happen in the ECF too.  But, y'all get my point.