Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It probably is rigged but at the same time the fact that it's rigged got us the #1 pick last year, you know Stern had to look out for his old friend Abe Pollin's franchise after he passed away.

Yeah I'm not complaining, we got ours. It's still funny as ****. I don't know the dynamics, no one ever will. But this **** is straight up rigged.

It probably is rigged but at the same time the fact that it's rigged got us the #1 pick last year, you know Stern had to look out for his old friend Abe Pollin's franchise after he passed away.

Last year he hooked the widow, this year he hooked the distraught city and sick little kid.

A little disappointed but it ain't the end of the world. I see us ending up with Vesely, who frankly I don't know much about but a lot of mock drafts have him going 6th and he fits our needs.

I'd love to get a legitimate PF in the 2nd round like Trey Thompkins, Keith Benson, JaJuan Johnson...

I mean money as far as making the contracts in the trade work.

Memphis taking Lewis and #6 for Gay?

the whole reason they would be doing the trade would be to free up space for signing Gasol...the Rudy trade would be a salary dump.....so they aren't taking back Rashard.

We will only have about 34 million committed to the cap next year...so it is likely that we could afford the 15 million cap hit to sign Rudy Gay. Although we would likely not be able to do the Rudy trade and retain Nick Young unless we included Blatche in the Trade. If the Allan Houston rule goes into effect, we can wipe Rashard's contract....trade for Rudy, keep Young and Blatche....and still have 15-20 depending on the cap number to bring in role players and have cap flexibility

---------- Post added May-17th-2011 at 09:07 PM ----------

Well the Clippers basically traded the #1 overall pick for Mo Williams. Epic fail.

nah...main reason for that trade was to dump Davis' contract.....still an absolutely terrible move....they could have had Kyre to lob to Blake

nah...main reason for that trade was to dump Davis' contract.....still an absolutely terrible move....they could have had Kyre to lob to Blake

They should have top 3 protected the pick. I've never seen a team trade an unprotected lotto pick to dump a contract.

They should have top 3 protected the pick. I've never seen a team trade an unprotected lotto pick to dump a contract.

very very true..I was shocked when I saw that trade.....In other news...the Clippers have a GM vacancy listed on Monster.com