Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Bad loss. Big let down after beating the Cavs last night.

That win against the Cavs probably bought Wittman some more time, but this team has serious issues

no way this team should ever lose when Wall drops 30pts & double digit assists, especially against a team like the Lakers

Edited by StillUnknown

That win against the Cavs probably bought Wittman some more time, but this team has serious issues

no way this team should ever lose when Wall drops 30pts & double digit assists, especially against a team like the Lakers

I don't think Randy's on the hotseat. Two games under .500 isn't bad enough. The only way I see Randy getting fired this year is if Wall gets hurt and we win like 35 games.

I don't really have a problem with all of the cheers Kobe got, including the ovation at the end. Kobe's career deserves to be celebrated by NBA fans, regardless of team loyalty.

But I have a problem with the fact that this crowd wasn't 50% Kobe fans, it was 50% Lakers fans.

And I have a problem with hearing Wall get loudly booed in his own arena.

****'s embarrassing. The Lakers are the number one team in every county in Virginia and Maryland except Mongomery and Fairfax. And the odd county where they are second to Miami or Boston. America is the biggest goddamn bandwagon country in the world, and the NBA has the biggest bandwagon fanbase of any league.

• Like 1

Not even mad about this. Vintage Kobe performance and it was good to see after him looking like a corpse for the previous 17 games.

What was bad was the fact that this was pretty much a home game for the Lakers. Pathetic b-ball environment.

And people swear that if the Wizards ever got really good, this would be a basketball town. I don't buy it.

Steve - I'm with you 100%.  It's good talking hoops on here and lurking the boards at RealGM.  There are some true diehards.  However, what I saw and heard tonight at VC was one of the most pathetic displays in the "home" arena.  Ownership, to the front office, should be more than embarrassed. 

And people swear that if the Wizards ever got really good, this would be a basketball town. I don't buy it.

After tonight, I don't buy it either.  This town, sports-wise, just doesn't get it. 

• Like 1

Steve - I'm with you 100%.  It's good talking hoops on here and lurking the boards at RealGM.  There are some true diehards.  However, what I saw and heard tonight at VC was one of the most pathetic displays in the "home" arena.  Ownership, to the front office, should be more than embarrassed. 

if it were a one-off thing it could be excused, but its happened no less than 3 other time already this season

Edited by StillUnknown

Well to put it bluntly, the organization doesnt try to bring fans in. Im a diehard fan, but why should random joe care about a team that doesnt care about its GM or HC? We all know the problems, but there is no accountability with regards to the organization. Wanna know why the Redskins are still the number one team in DC? Because at the very least, if the coach or front office is detrimental to the success of the team, they are replaced. That means there is always hope. We have begged for a new GM, a new HC, the old team name, and decent rotational players for a decade now. All we have to show for it is the old color scheme.

Case-in-point: I know for a fact that Randy and EG can suck up the joint from now until the Allstar break, and there wont be a single change even mentioned.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

Hard to have a core fanbase when you haven't won more than 46 games in a season since 1979. I mean really guys, how can you not see that? Win 50+ games a season for a few years with some long playoff runs and the fans will be there. We had a great home court in last years playoffs.

I've been a fan of this team since 1977 and it's hard to have faith in the team or show enthusiasm for a team that is satisfied with mediocrity year in and year out.

Edited by pjfootballer

Wall doesn't get booed by the home fans, he gets booed by the enormous opposing team fans that have been showing up early. Wasn't really the case last year, especially in the playoffs, but early season basketball doesn't really get people revved up around here, especially when the team is underachieving early.

I do not want the Wizards firing front office members off like the Redskins do, nor do I want them catering to the whims of fans. Ernie is a mediocre GM. Randy Wittman might not even be a mediocre HC. But the Wizards are a way better run franchise than the Redskins. The "hope" that Redskins fans are sold each offseason is a sack of bull****.

@ABC7Erin - I just saw John Wall's mom crying after the game. I can't believe how fans boo him here. #wizards

DC Sports. Get out while you still can.

Is Erin sure she was crying because he was being booed. And, he did shoot in an air ball at the end there. Maybe people reacted to that. 

I do not want the Wizards firing front office members off like the Redskins do, nor do I want them catering to the whims of fans. Ernie is a mediocre GM. Randy Wittman might not even be a mediocre HC. But the Wizards are a way better run franchise than the Redskins. The "hope" that Redskins fans are sold each offseason is a sack of bull****.

So are you advocating we keep poor performing coaches and executives just so they don't emulate the Redskins? 

Is Erin sure she was crying because he was being booed. And, he did shoot in an air ball at the end there. Maybe people reacted to that.

The one 5 ft behind the 3 pt line? With the game pretty much sealed in LAs favor? A possession after he hit one from that spot to get it back to a one possession game? On a night where he had 30+ pts again? And was the only player getting buckets in the 4th qtr?

No. I dont think it was that one shot.

• Like 1

The one 5 ft behind the 3 pt line? With the game pretty much sealed in LAs favor? A possession after he hit one from that spot to get it back to a one possession game? On a night where he had 30+ pts again? And was the only player getting buckets in the 4th qtr?

No. I dont think it was that one shot.

Well then why the hell was he being booed? That doesn't make any sense. 

Well then why the hell was he being booed? That doesn't make any sense. 

largely because the people who attend games at the Verzion center are transient assholes who jump from one bandwagon to the next

those same fans cheering the Lakers tonight will cheer the Knicks the next time we play them or Warriors when they come to town, and will likely be cheering for Dallas on Monday night at FedEx

Edited by StillUnknown