Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I think Otto was at center for most of the time down the stretch.

That was the wildest game of the year. So much bad fundamental basketball. But it was strangely entertaining. Wall/Beal/Otto/Sessions carried us to the win. Beal put us on his back and came through. Been waiting to see him get back to how he was before he hurt his shoulder. Hopefully this means he is.

I enjoy the RealGM community. But that board posts some of the worst trade ideas I've seen. The place is very knee-jerk and impatient and they routinely undervalue/underrate our assets.

If that community was in charge of the Wizards roster, this would be our current team:

Kyle Lowry

Ersan Ilyasova

Isiah Thomas

Avery Bradley

Jae Crowder

Omer Asik

• Like 1

So was Otto's defense that good, or was their front court that bad? I was shocked at how bad Len looked out there. I thought he was a great pick for Phoenix. But in light of the Tyson Chandler signing and him being shut down by a team with no front court, I have severe doubts about him.

When Beal banged knees with Tucker and he was rolling around holding it, did anyone else's stomach drop as they had thoughts of Gil and Gerald Wallace?

That's exactly what I thought of.... :(

So was Otto's defense that good, or was their front court that bad? I was shocked at how bad Len looked out there. I thought he was a great pick for Phoenix. But in light of the Tyson Chandler signing and him being shut down by a team with no front court, I have severe doubts about him.

Len has played Ok this season but I think he's a bad fit for Phoenix.

Mainly because of the style of play.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

When Beal banged knees with Tucker and he was rolling around holding it, did anyone else's stomach drop as they had thoughts of Gil and Gerald Wallace?

Nah not really. I've come to embrace the fact that Beal is an drama queen. The falls he takes reminds me so much of RGIII.

I don't know about "drama queen", but Beal does have the same problem Griffin had in not understanding how to protect his body (which is why he always looks like a circus airialist falling without a net beneath him).

He's only 22, so hopefully he figures it out (instead of holding on to that "I'm a teenager and freaking invincible" mindset). Wall figured that eventually as well.

Edited by Renegade7