Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yeah I thought Otto and Dudley were very good trying to deal with Bosh, McRoberts, and Whiteside. Otto's activity on the boards was outstanding and Dudley did a great job guarding Bosh. That was an impossible assignment for him.

Otto's jumper is a mess right now, but he was hitting the 18 footer on the move in the second half. Got him some confidence and kept him involved in the offense. As always, he makes a good impact even when he can't hit shots.

http://gfycat.com/MetallicAssuredIcelandgull

That double dribble no call looked like a bad missed call in real time, but from that angle you can see that it was actually correct. Beal tossed the ball into the back of an unsuspecting Dragic's hand going for the reverse layup. It looks like Beal did it on purpose to avoid the double dribble because he reacted instantly to catch the ball and he had his head up looking at Neal in the corner as he pulled it in.

• Like 1

http://gfycat.com/MetallicAssuredIcelandgull

That double dribble no call looked like a bad missed call in real time, but from that angle you can see that it was actually correct. Beal tossed the ball into the back of an unsuspecting Dragic's hand going for the reverse layup. It looks like Beal did it on purpose to avoid the double dribble because he reacted instantly to catch the ball and he had his head up looking at Neal in the corner as he pulled it in.

So is the NBA going to investigate the ruling and decide whether to uphold it or admit to an error? If so, I hope they see your gif.

So is the NBA going to investigate the ruling and decide whether to uphold it or admit to an error? If so, I hope they see your gif.

They always release a report the day after a game, grading the calls in the last two minutes. They said the call was incorrect and should have been ruled a travel.

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/12/L2M-WAS-MIA-12-7-15.pdf

I disagree though. I think Beal tossed it into the back of Dragic's hand. And I think Dragic felt the ball based on the way he turned and reacted. The only question for me is whether Beal released it as Dragic blocked it. Might be a jump ball in that situation.

I thought it was a bad call at the time, but I think it was the right call with the benefit of hindsight.

The call that I don't think they should have made was the 5 second violation. That call was technically correct. But the rule is soooooo inconsistently enforced that I don't think it was fair in that situation. It didn't have a big effect on the outcome though IMO. At that point Miami was already imploding.

Also just realized that Bosh fouled Beal on that play. His hand is on Beal's back and he shoves him into Dragic as Beal was elevating.

Wizards need to get a winning streak going if they want to keep pace in the East, or else they'll be chasing a 7th or 8th seed at best.

Cavs

Heat

Bulls

Pacers

Raptors

Hawks

All seem like playoff locks and are currently playing better than the Wizards

Celtics and Hornets both look good as well, better than the Wizards. 

That is 8.

Pistons and Magic are starting off better as well.

I know it's early but this is a 500 ball club so far, and they look like it as well.

Wizards will turn it around...I'm not really worried, even though there are some troubling trends. 

As it's been pointed out, it's a new system....we have injuries....etc. 

I'll probably temper my preseason expectations of 52-55 wins, and put us right around 50 when the dust settles. 

I thought 54 before the season, but that was too optimistic. I'm still optimistic we'll make the playoffs, but I think it will be with about 46 wins again.

The schedule is harder, we lost a lot of ground in the first month of the season, Beal and Otto haven't taken as big a leap as I'd hoped, John and March have been inconsistent, and our starting PF situation is a mess.

I think we need to make a trade for a PF for me to regain my optimism about winning 50 games. But I would protect the hell out of any first round pick I traded this year. Too much of a chance we end up in the lottery.