Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

We dont create easy offense at all. Everyone else in the league can get to the basket almost at will.

Wall has to do something amazing to get an open shot. The offense does most nothing. Other teams just pass it around nonchalantly and seem to get open looks.

A winnable game we pissed away. This road trip is going to put us like six or seven games under .500.

Could miss the playoffs easily. East is better. Not a lot better but better. Wizards are a bad team right now that finds ways to lose when they shouldn't.

Could miss the playoffs easily. East is better. Not a lot better but better. Wizards are a bad team right now that finds ways to lose when they shouldn't.

I hate to be defeatist, but they're probably done. They needed to get like 11 or 12 wins in December to make up for such a bad November and it's definitely not going to happen. We'll be like nine games under .500 by the end of December and way out of eight place. Five and a half months in a season and you need to average at least nine wins a month to be on track for the playoffs. Our pace is for like six.

When this team is bad, they're awful. And they stay awful for like two months at a time.

The leap that we needed Beal to take isn't happening. He started off the way he needed to, but he can't stay healthy and he's had an awful season so far. If this is his season, he's not going to cost max money. But we're also not going to have the two stars necessary for this construction to work. This team is not good enough to win with just Wall being Wall and everyone else being role players. Beal needed to be an All Star and he hasn't come close.

The leap we needed Porter to take hasn't happened either. He doesn't have the shooting range and offensive command to be more than a fourth option on a team with no fifth option. I think he'll be what we need eventually, but not this season.

And Randy can not get these guys to play routine good basketball during the regular season. He can't get them up for the games and he's a poor in game coach. In spite of our limitations, Brad Stevens would have this team win 50 games. Imagine if he were coaching John Wall and Bradley Beal instead of Isiah Thomas and Avery Bradley.

Yeah, I think we're heading towards the lottery and I'm actually fine with that.

I don't think I'll be fine with that. A lottery season when this team should have been second or third in the conference is the kind of season that gets people fired.

Randy would get fired.

Then it'll be turmoil. Maybe Beal never progresses. Maybe Gortat regresses. Maybe Porter or Oubre get tossed to the wayside. Maybe more wasted years of Wall's prime.

The only way I'll feel OK after a lottery season is if Randy's replacement is an outstanding coach. An obvious upgrade, and one that manages to take the existing core and make something of it. Like Steve Kerr did in Golden State. But it doesn't usually work out that clean. Usually coaching changes cause a lot of conflict and careers get burned and assets get wasted.

Yeah. At this point I'm praying that Beal comes back and kicks ass. That he and Wall start carrying us like a true two-star construction and save everyone's job. That is the only way we're salvaging this season.

I might feel differently if we would be bad enough to have a real shot at Simmons, but we won't fall that far.

then we're left with Grunfeld picking a late-lottery selection, or worse trading that pick for Jeff Green

Edited by StillUnknown