Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Basically everything I hoped wouldn't happen to convince Durant to stay in OKC has happened so far this season. KD and Westbrook our thriving, while we're getting exposed and the locker room is imploding.

That's DC sports for you. 

The focus, IMO, should be on trying to acquire Boogie. 

There is STILL a lot of time in the season to get things headed in the right direction.  While I'm certainly not panicking (yet), something has to be done.  The roster is what it is right now, so I'm guessing if the ship continues to sink, Randy will get the axe by mid-week.  I'm not saying it's fair, but it's the nature of the business. 

I think this team doesn't want to play for Wittman anymore. Some of their recent comments seem to point to an issue with Randy's in-game decisions and things he promised he wouldn't do.

Gortat recently mentioned randy told the team he wouldn't be calling players out in the media anymore, but he did it to Gortat and he made a note of it. I normally wouldn't think it's a big deal, yet that was at the beginning of this poor run they've had. Wall openly questioning Randy's decisions won't go unnoticed to Ernie and Ted. He may not be to blame for this skid, but any coach who watches his team give up a 0-14 run and does nothing doesn't deserve the job anyway.

The sad thing is Randy is going to pay for Ernies failures. He put this roster together. He's the one who tried to play small-ball with this roster. And he's the one who for some god forsaken reason continues to give contracts to injured players who won't contribute for half the season.

I called it before the season started. This teams front court is horribly constructed. We signed 50 guards/forwards and basically ignored front court improvement.

If Gortat goes down, this team is headed for the lottery. It still might be.

Wittman sucks but so does Ernie.

Which is why you dangle our first round pick to the Kings and hope they bite. 

I called it before the season started. This teams front court is horribly constructed. We signed 50 guards/forwards and basically ignored front court improvement.

If Gortat goes down, this team is headed for the lottery. It still might be.

Wittman sucks but so does Ernie.

Ernie is an disaster. The only picks he could get correct were the obvious ones and he's been swindled in just about every trade or free agency deal he's made. It's embarrassing that he's still the teams GM. I just accept the fact that he's not going anywhere anytime soon although I'm terrified he's going to allow Ernie to do what GMGM did and trade away the teams best prospect (Beal/Porter/Oubre) for an win-now season.

Which is why you dangle our first round pick to the Kings and hope they bite.

It's going to take at least Beal+ a first, possibly even Porter as well to get Boogie. But there's no way the Kings do the deal without Beal included which is something I wouldn't do.

I bet Beal dislocated his shoulder in that Atlanta game. And I bet something bad is going on in John's personal life.

The team lies about injuries. We'll hear reports about Webster and/or Anderson progressing but with no clear timetable for return, and then they'll up and get surgery out of nowhere. It's obvious that Beal's injury was more serious than bruising. Who misses two weeks for bruising? His shot is completely off now and he doesn't look right. That doesn't come from just bruises.

If they fired Randy who would take over? They surely wouldn't find a good replacement sitting at home right now. I said this two years ago, but I knew we would be at this point. Needing to move on from Randy, but the FO not understanding they needed to do this until the team starts losing games and the star players are frustrated. You're not enticing KD to leave OKC to join this mess.

Edited by Gamebreaker

The front court issue boils down to Nene's contract ending as badly as some of is predicted it would and the organizing of contract to make a play for KD. I also think the team chose poorly in letting Seraphin go. He's not good but he's a better backup PF/C than Blair and he knew how to play here. Then you have the Oubre pick when Bobby Portis was available. Yes Oubre May one day be something, but we have Porter, want KD, and have no depth at PF/C. Sometimes need and future plans have to at least factor in.

Individually all those moves are forgivable but together they all worked to leave a front court with no options. Truth is Ernie has needed to get a starting PF for two season ls now, partially because he's never had much luck drafting one here.

If they fired Randy who would take over? They surely wouldn't find a good replacement sitting at home right now. I said this two years ago, but I knew we would be at this point. Needing to move on from Randy, but the FO not understanding they needed to do this until the team starts losing games and the star players are frustrated. You're not enticing KD to leave OKC to join this mess.

Don Newman would probably get the job for the remainder of the year

maybe then we could finally find out whats up with is eye. I swear that eye patch gets bigger every game

Edited by StillUnknown

Bobby Portis doesn't play.  However, doesn't excuse the lack of foresight from EG in doing something to add depth to the front court. 

Speaking of the front court, Gortat looks TERRIBLE. 

Bobby Portis would play here I think, and I'm not one that believes in rookies being relied upon in the NBA.  That's just how weak our front court is.  The point is that Ernie has mishandled the 4 and 5 for a very long time.  Bad drafts and bad contracts to cover up those up. 

Bobby Portis would play here I think, and I'm not one that believes in rookies being relied upon in the NBA. That's just how weak our front court is. The point is that Ernie has mishandled the 4 and 5 for a very long time. Bad drafts and bad contracts to cover up those up.

Randy wouldn't have played him. You and I both know that.