Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Randy just doesnt know how to call timeouts. 5 minutes without scoring, 0 timeouts called.

Not trolling y'all by any means.  But sitting here watching the game I really couldn't believe that y'alls coach didn't call a timeout and allowed a 14-0 run.  Should have called one when we tied the game back up at minimum, imo.  

• Like 1

Disappointed in the performance and direction of this team. These guys are lazy and don't really give a **** about regular season games like they should. They buy their own hype and they're content to fart around .500 and slide into the playoffs as a low seed. I'm going back to "I'll believe it when I see it" mode before I ever predict 50 wins from these underachievers again.

Disappointed in the performance and direction of this team. These guys are lazy and don't really give a **** about regular season games like they should. They buy their own hype and they're content to fart around .500 and slide into the playoffs as a low seed. I'm going back to "I'll believe it when I see it" mode before I ever predict 50 wins from these underachievers again.

I always suspected a coach with the style of Wittman eventually wears thin over time. Even when the offense was ****ty, the defense and effort was usually there. Seems like whatever he's preaching is falling on deaf ears from an effort standpoint

Wow. Just don't know what to say anymore. After a fantastic playoffs, they've actually gotten worse. Time for Randy to go.

We're not a three point shooting team. We're not built like GS. We need to go back to last years style that fits the players better. This will make the defense better, make Gortat more of a force and give us better shooting percentages.

We're not built for the style a Randy wants to play. Keep forcing the square peg in the round hole and we will keep losing.

Edited by pjfootballer

Up tempo with a stretch four suits Wall, Beal, Porter, and Gortat. It really does. Sessions too. But maybe not anyone else on the roster. But the problem is we don't actually have a stretch four. Humphries can't command a defender on the perimeter and his release is so god damn slow that he allows defenders to cheat waaaaay off of him and still recover to contest his shot as it goes up. We're not actually getting the benefit of better floor spacing from Humphries.

A team with a 24 year old Wall and 22 year old Beal and Porter should also be a lot more energetic on defense. Our guys should be fighting through every screen and jumping passing lanes and closing out on shooters like mad men. I'm tired of seeing our opponents out-work us on defense every single game. There was a huge difference in the way Charlotte and Indy closed out on us at the three point line and the way we did for them.

I always suspected a coach with the style of Wittman eventually wears thin over time. Even when the offense was ****ty, the defense and effort was usually there. Seems like whatever he's preaching is falling on deaf ears from an effort standpoint

*Sigh*

I really hope that's not what's going on. But it does seem like it is.

Jorge CastilloVerified account

‏@jorgeccastillo

Wall said he didn't agree w/Wittman's decision to have him and Beal start the 4th on the bench: "One of us has to be in in that situation."

I'm with that but I also think Beal and Wall have to start playing like stars again.  This team isn't good when they're putting up role player numbers.  6 assists to 5 turnovers is ****.  .333 fg% is ****.  14pts is no where near enough for a star taking 18 shots.  Wall is too experienced to be this bad for a month. 

• Like 1