Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Not looking good. I said it early I'll say it again, Toronto's perimeter can all challenge their defenders off the dribble when the game gets tight and they have to. The Wizards just don't have enough of that. It's too reliant on Wall.

Get the man some help Ernie!

• Like 1

5yrs & 60mil got us all of 2pts & 2 rebounds tonight, although he did manage 4 turnovers

That's the kind of desperation contract we need to avoid.  Would have been nice to have Len instead of Otto to calm Ernie down.  He knows we can't go back to the era of horrible centers he had before Okafor. 

That's the kind of desperation contract we need to avoid.  Would have been nice to have Len instead of Otto to calm Ernie down.  He knows we can't go back to the era of horrible centers he had before Okafor. 

Heck, I'd pay half of his contract just to get him out of here.

He's just so soft.  :(

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yep.

He's soft as baby poo.

It was unsettling that he was getting benched against Chicago in the playoffs during crunch time. Didn't he sit out an entire overtime because he was playing soft?

I said it then; it's a huge risk to give a big contract to a middle of the pack big man who cannot be relied upon during big moments.

Heck, I'd pay half of his contract just to get him out of here.

He's just so soft.  :(

He's not going anywhere.  We're just going to have to make the most of what we got and use him better.  The team has him taking too many turn around shots with too little pick n roll to the rim.  Lets not forget what earned him the contract and why he succeeded with Nash.  We've gone away from what he does best.  So it's not all Gortat. 

He's also a better rim protector than any of our other bigs... even if it doesn't always look like it.  The way Toronto's guards reacted to Nene at the rim today with "lol layup".  Seraphin and Humphries are not rim protectors at all.  Don't take this to mean that he's a good rim defending center, just that he's the best of a group thats pretty bad in that category. 

Edited by Destino

It was unsettling that he was getting benched against Chicago in the playoffs during crunch time. Didn't he sit out an entire overtime because he was playing soft?

I said it then; it's a huge risk to give a big contract to a middle of the pack big man who cannot be relied upon during big moments.

I think its very telling that Seraphin has been playing late into the 4th quarter for the last month or so.

Heck, if I had to pay for a soft big I'd rather have Brook Lopez.

Despite being soft and his injury history, at least he has youth and big time offensive ability on his side.

He's not going anywhere.  We're just going to have to make the most of what we got and use him better.  The team has him taking too many turn around shots with too little pick n roll to the rim.  Lets not forget what earned him the contract and why he succeeded with Nash.  We've gone away from what he does best.  So it's not all Gortat. 

He's also a better rim protector than any of our other bigs... even if it doesn't always look like it.  The way Toronto's guards reacted to Nene at the rim today with "lol layup".  Seraphin and Humphries are not rim protectors at all.  Don't take this to mean that he's a good rim defending center, just that he's the best of a group thats pretty bad in that category. 

So we come back to the crux of the matter: Randy Wittman and how he runs his offense.  :(

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I didn't get to watch tonight's game but from the box score it looks like turnovers were the difference. We had 22 compared to 13 by Toronto. Nene and Gortat combined for 9! I've watched many games recently and have noticed Gortat's butter fingers of late. And I agree he is soft. Not having a good season at all. That is looking like a BAD contract. Other than that I think the main thing this team is lacking is an alpha scorer. Wall leads the team at around 17. We need a guy who averages north of 20 per. I'm not sure Beal will ever be that guy. Obviously Durant would be the perfect guy to fit the bill. Whether we get him or not, we need that consistent scorer in order for this team to make that next leap.

• Like 1

I know Buck is out with a family emergency or something (God speed good man). Is that dude from 106.7 calling the game in his place? Total, embarrassing ****ing brain fart on the name. I've often called him the ONE good thing about that lame ****ing station. That if the local sports radio personalities, he by far loves, cares and, most important when it comes to this, knows what the **** he's talking about when it comes to the Wiz. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he posted on here or some Wiz forum. Good to see him get some attention. Hope he makes the most of it.

Chick Hernandez got the call in place of Buck