Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just feels like we have too many dead possessions on offense. Too many times we have possessions where it's just Wall dribbling until the 12 second mark or guys passing around the 3 point line. In OT the Raptors were consistently getting to the basket while we were settling for jump shots. Our offense kinda reminds me of OKC's in that we rely so much on Wall or someone else making a great play, except we don't have the top end talent of a Durant or Westbrook.

That was my first time going to a Wizards game. 

I probably won't be back for a Wizards game. But damn if that wasn't the loudest I've ever heard that building. The chants of defense. The roar when Pierce tied it. The atmosphere. The drunken guys yelling out insults. The Canadians in the Captain Morgan section that kept yelling "Let's go Raptors" in Washington DC of all places. 

The Wizards might not have won, but that was a damn fun Saturday night. Enjoyed it very much. 

• Like 1

If our roster stays the same, I think we'll end up as the 4th best EC team at best. Atlanta and Toronto have owned us and one of Chicago or Cleveland, if not both, will emerge as a better team. We're what, 3-6 vs the top 5 teams in the East?

We need that second line guard that can score and create pretty badly.

Edited by SuperBash

If our roster stays the same, I think we'll end up as the 4th best EC team at best. Atlanta and Toronto have owned us and one of Chicago or Cleveland, if not both, will emerge as a better team. We're what, 3-6 vs the top 5 teams in the East?

We need that second line guard that can score and create pretty badly.

Atlanta is clearly better than us right now. Nobody is going to catch them for the one seed unless they completely collapse like Indy did in the second half of last year's regular season. And even still, Indy made the ECF despite all of their internal problems. Atlanta is the best bet to make the ECF.

Chicago won't be better than us, but Cleveland might pass us. They've won 10 in a row now and have found their form. Wish we could have played all of our games against them when they were struggling. The team is better now that they've got Mozgov and JR Smith has played well for them. But I still don't totally trust them. I'd never totally trust JR Smith and it'll matter down the stretch of the season and in the postseason that Irving and Love have no experience. Cleveland doesn't scare me yet.

I can see Toronto falling behind us. They've got a rough February in front of them and we've got a fairly soft month.

We came out of the roughest month of our schedule with 9 wins and are in third in the standings. We're doing well on the whole.

• Like 1

Beal needs to master a floater

Beal actually gets into the paint pretty well when he wants to, he just doesn't have any intermediate shots to go to when he can't get all of the way to the rim. He doesn't get to the line a ton and part of that is I don't think he's explosive and acrobatic enough to avoid charges when he goes hard to the rim like Wall does.

Seraphin is playing well. Feels good to see a line up with Beal, Porter, and Seraphin playing pretty well.

Stephenson and Neal are making everything. Stephenson always seems to play well against us.

Porter needs to get to where he can be an 80% FT shooter.

Humphries just hit some absolute mess LOL. He's been playing extremely well this month.

Good job corralling that pass by Humphries too.

They waited until they saw Humphries missed the shot to call that foul. Can't stand how refs do that. Call a foul if you see it or don't.

Feels like Gerald Henderson always kills us too. Let that team get Villanueva and Jeff Green and we'd never beat them again.

I want to see Beal with cornrows.

Larry Bird is my guess for the trivia question.

Holy crap, that was an unexpected shot from Wall. He's usually way more selective from three, but I'm glad he took it. Had Zeller guessing.

Don't think that one is going to count.

He got that one off late.

Another late call. John had already gotten his rebound and they call a blocking foul.

They called the blocking foul? Wow that is late. I thought they called the foul on the second shot attempt.

Wall flopped going over that screen. But got the make up call for Maxiell fouling on that offensive board.

Man really like the game Humphries is having.

Temple and Humphries are really injecting some energy into the line up.

I have zero confidence in us to get good shots off inbounds plays in those situations.

Beal's putting together a nice stretch of games.

He's been aggressive even during that stretch where he was playing poorly. That's a huge positive for me. His shots will eventually start falling more consistently and he'll start making good decisions with the ball most of the time. Main thing is he needs to play with the mentality that he's a star and that he's out there to make a big impact on offense.