Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Cant believe we had to beat the refs and the rockets to win this one.  Good thing the rockets are overrated and the wizards made their free throws.  

We were getting so many bad rolls on close in shots and bad bounces on loose balls too definitely not our best game.  

Honestly though the big difference in this game was the free throws.  So crucial when we can make those at a high percentage.  All of a sudden we can win games like this even when so many things aren't going our way.    Hope that can continue.

Edited by CurseReversed
  • Like 2

Highlihhts on ESPN and its ALL Rockets.

Literally, every single highlight but one(Pierce 3).

We get NO respect.

I saw that and it's typical ESPN. Highlights of wizards wins are highlights for the losing team that end with something like "but wizards hold on to win".

Unfortunately this is the kind of stuff we'll have to overcome in the postseason (though granted, to a lesser degree) if we want to get anywhere. If we shoot FTs like that, though, it won't matter.

But yeah, **** those pansy *****es. And then they had the audacity to whine when some (correct) calls didn't go their way. Cry me a fricking river. The worst was when Beverly got called for a block when Beal drove in late in the game. The replay showed that he wasn't even close to having position, yet he immediately got up and whined about it.

Good start to this road trip! I'm still kinda bitter about last year's game in Houston, and I'm glad that we got them back tonight even with all the bad calls.

I'm glad we've beaten the Clippers and Rockets. Hate the way those teams play. Harden got outplayed by Beal too. Scored a bunch of points in garbage time and got a bunch of BS calls to go his way as per usual. Made his night look better than it actually was, as per usual. Beal's the one who made the plays that mattered. Got clutch rebounds, made clutch shots, broke up an alley-oop to Dwight Howard. Didn't need the refs to bail him out on crap drives where he jumped into set defenders and tossed up some **** hoping for calls. Didn't need the refs to gift him an And-1 on a textbook charge in crunch time. Wasn't left just hacking at his man as he blew by him, as Harden did, allowing Beal to draw a foul on their big during a crucial late game sequence.

Beal and Pierce really shouldered the load tonight and Nene and Gortat were pretty damn amazing on defense. Wall stepped back a bit from his usual role as he never really looked mentally invested in the game. He still piled up assists and made plays on defense and put pressure on their defense. But he's been carrying the team to wins all December, it's nice that some other guys carried that weight tonight.

The officiating in this game is hilarious. Basically one team is playing football and the other is kind of allowed to play basketball lol.

Remember, it's not game fixing. The wonderful refs were just instructed to "keep it close" for the good of the league. We wouldn't want those suckass Wizards coming into Houston and beating their favorite sons Harden and Howard now do we?

Highlihhts on ESPN and its ALL Rockets.

Literally, every single highlight but one(Pierce 3).

We get NO respect.

I saw that this morning. The NBA and BSPN make me ill sometimes.

They show Harden's charge called a blocking foul on Nene for that late And-1 three times. That is the easiest charge call you're going to get to make and the refs still got it wrong.

And yet they called a charge on Seraphin earlier in the game when he was simply backing down Montiejunas and the dude just flopped. Just fell over.

Remember, it's not game fixing. The wonderful refs were just instructed to "keep it close" for the good of the league. We wouldn't want those suckass Wizards coming into Houston and beating their favorite sons Harden and Howard now do we?

I saw that this morning. The NBA and BSPN make me ill sometimes.

Nope, it's only game fixing when you do the same exact thing with the notion of influencing a point spread.  :rolleyes:

I've been curious about something too: Randy. Has your opinions of him changed? If so,how? Does it say anything about being a successful coach in the NBA?

I was talking about this on Christmas. My family was trying to tell me that it's because he have better talent. I think that could be the case, but I also think that he has improved as a coach. My real beef with him now is that he waits too late to call timeouts when teams start to go on runs. Other than that, I really don't have much beef with him right now. I think even his out of bound plays have improved.

Randy has improved as a coach, albeit slightly. But we have a more experienced group, with Pierce added to instill that assassin's mentality. Our end of game sets are still atrocious (the Beal play in Orlando the lone exception). He is set in his rotations, so much so that other teams are starting to change their rotations to exploit our reserves. He is still reticent to use TOs to quell runs (see Boston, Houston, Phoenix, LAC...).

He is a good coach. Can you imagine how good we could be if we had a Doc Rivers type coach?

Question...

Am I the only one that is happier that we blew the lead and held on to the win rather than just cruising the whole night? I know it might sound crazy, but it showed me that we can overcome various things... Even it that means overcoming ourselves.

Sometimes it's good for the team, but not every game.

LOL @ 2:52 of that clip. Beal out jumped Howard for the offensive rebound, then Howard looked around for a loose ball foul. What a bunch of pansies.

I'm not a Howard fan, but I think he was more looking around at his team like, "Yo, can any of you box out?" Howard is wasted on that team. If he had 4 committed defenders around him Houston would be an elite defensive team. Like If he played on the Wiz, no one gets to the rim.