Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, Ball Security said:

Pretty rough call for Beal’s sixth.  Let’s see if that gets overturned.

Yeah that’s a normal basketball move.  If he had really extended his arm, I could see it, but that’s a move that’s taught to creat space.  

• Like 1

Refs were a problem tonight on multiple occasions.  

Deni isn’t ready to take 12 shots.  Love his effort and his potential but his shooting and finishing at the rim is garbage.  He needs to be busy this summer.  

This team is going to be so much better if they can just manage to get everyone healthy.  

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Quality team loss. Houston was smart enough not to take 39's though they did try to let the Wiz win with some poor decision making. Deni needs to go back to coming off the bench. 

If we had Rui and Kuzma healthy at the same time, that wouldn’t even be a question.  We have all this talent… everywhere but on the floor.  We’re even back to dealing with having just one center again.  Feels like the 15th time that’s happened.  

This season is frustrating as hell, even without taking into account Dinwiddie’s disappearing act when Beal is on the floor

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Destino said:

This season is frustrating as hell, even without taking into account Dinwiddie’s disappearing act when Beal is on the floor

I'm still enjoying this team. Last season and before that, if we were down 10 with 5 minutes left I'd give up. With this 2022 team, I'm always optimistic that we'll get back in it. Even with a depleted lineup. 

We're still not a team that wins most of the games we should win, we're still not a team that can be counted on to play consistent defense for 3-4 quarters. However, I like this squad and I'm optimistic about getting Rui/TB back in the mix. This will help Harrell and Gaff immensely in regard to getting them rest in game and should spread the floor a LOT more on offense as both of them can shoot from the field, which Harrell and Gaff cannot always be relied upon to do.

Edit- I should add that I don't feel the same frustration. Rookie coach, no true PG, not enough bigs... but we're basically at .500!! Not bad, Bullez. Not bad.

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/wizards-broadcaster-ripped-for-insensitive-comment-about-kevin-porter-jr-s-late-father-on-game-winning-shot/amp/

This is quite an embarrassment.  I do believe it was a genuine mixup, and that he thought Kevin Porter’s dad was the former NBA player with the same name.  Yikes.

wow.  Yeah that is almost certainly a mistake because Glenn Consor doesn’t do edgy humor.  Hell of a mistake though.