Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

So was Gortat worth the 18th pick in this draft for a one year rental? That's the reality if the team lets him walk.

Before the playoffs, I would have said no.

However, Wall and Beal got to play six second round games at ages 23 and 20. There are a ton of good young players that don't have that experience yet, and I don't think you can get better without it.

And they made it that far because of Gortat.

So, yes, it was worth it.

(Think of it this way. Wall is never going to have the "Never made the playoffs" nonsense that plagues Love. He is never going to have the "Never made it past the first round" stuff that plagued McGrady and a few others. His development as an NBA star is now perfectly on track).

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

I know I keep mentioning this but the more I think about it, if we have a legit chance to sign Monroe we have to do it. Just because we traded a pick for Gortat doesn't mean he is more valuable or better than Monroe (because he isn't).

Sign Monroe, let Gortat walk, live with Nene's contract for 2 more seasons (I believe he leaves as Beal is up for a deal).

Trade Webster, and Resign Ariza (No idea if we have the money for this).

Resign Gooden, Miller, and Booker. I know Some don't like Booker but he is that high energy guy off the bench that every winning team needs.

Again if we have the money sign Patrick Patterson and Jodie Meeks

Wall/Miller

Beal/Meeks/Rice

Ariza/Porter

Nene/Patterson/Booker

Monroe/Gooden/Developmental pick (2nd round pick)

Tell Porter to be at the gym a lot every day, I honestly think he will be fine, he is much like Leonard (Spurs) out of college in terms of skill set, questions about their 3 point shot, both improved in their 2nd year of school (Porter more so). Porter just doesn't have the NBA body yet

Personally, I'm not that high on him.

I think in the NBA he's a garbage man.

Not that there's anything wrong with that but I don't think there's a lot of skill there.

I think you might be surprised by his skill level. He hasn't gotten much of a chance to show it yet, but I think there is some real passing and ball handling ability there in him.

Basketball purgatory is coming

If you mean getting bounced out of the playoffs every year... I'll take it for two or three years. It's better than obsessively checking draftexpress.com for updates in April.

But yeah... Hide yo wife hide yo kids, purgatory so coming.

Edited by Destino

If you mean getting bounced out of the playoffs every year... I'll take it for two or three years. It's better than obsessively checking draftexpress.com for updates in April.

But yeah... Hide yo wife hide yo kids, purgatory so coming.

The new ATL Hawks

• Like 1

Here is to another few seasons of reading your posts about Wittman not knowing how to coach at the end of games nor having good plays coming out of timeouts and basically costing this team more than a few wins every year with bizarre rotations.

• Like 1

Here is to another few seasons of reading your posts about Wittman not knowing how to coach at the end of games nor having good plays coming out of timeouts and basically costing this team more than a few wins every year with bizarre rotations.

giphy.gif

This was inevitable. Turd would never make a change, even if it were necessary. You know Ernie is coming back as well which is a shame. 

This team truly has the potential to be a big time player in the East but I think we'll be lucky to get out of the 2nd round for the next 3 years or so. 

Wonder how much Wittman will make.

We knew this was coming.  He wasn't great during the season.  But he did alright in the playoffs.  Hoping he gets better.  Wish we had Thibs though.  Or Kevin Ollie.

David AldridgeVerified account

‏@daldridgetnt

Wizards'3-yr deal w/Randy Wittman is in the $3-$3.5M range annually, per industry source. @WojYahooNBA first to report deal was close.

Eh. That's not the kind of contract that prevents someone from getting fired in 12 months.

And - as we have discussed endlessly - the Wizards are pretty much trapped with the team they have right now. So, it's not like a new coach and front office can do that much. Wall and Beal seem to like Randy, and they have gotten better under him.

I think it's okay for the short term.