Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Some of yall don't sound ready for the new big three of Davis, Dani, and Kispert...oh ye of little faith...

My body is ready for Green Light Corey, put that in your Ted's Blog and smoke it...

Kispert avgs 25/6/6 on 50/40/90 shooting.  Ted immediately inks him to a 4yr 150M extension with a no trade clause.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

A rebuild will take 3 years to 9 years. 

Nine years? The Orioles (an imperfect comparison, I'm aware) just did it in about 4.  In a sport where one key acquisition isn't 20% of the talent for your team on the field/court.

Up to 9 years?  If there aren't major visible changes after 2 seasons from now, something is definitely wrong.

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Nine years? The Orioles (an imperfect comparison, I'm aware) just did it in about 4.  In a sport where one key acquisition isn't 20% of the talent for your team on the field/court.

Up to 9 years?  If there aren't major visible changes after 2 seasons from now, something is definitely wrong.

Wait, this is year 5 of the Elias regime and that doesn’t include the prior year when they were dumping players mid season for pennies on the dollar. They haven’t made the playoffs yet (they will in year five). Or are you saying that the rebuild is successful if they get back to a game above .500 like the Orioles did last year.

The Sixers are a decade into the Process. No conference Finals appearances. Success?

4 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So we could go into the draft with #8, #35, #42, #52 and #57? I can't seem to find any updates on the draft capital post trades anywhere. Not that those 2nds matter a whole lot, but whatever, we are going to need bodies.

Normally I would agree with you but this year might be different.

This is a very deep draft.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Are we not all sports fans here at a minimum?  If a rebuid was guarantee success than every team would win championships/compete over time.  Reloading and refilling talent.  3 to 9 years is my guess on how long it will take to refill with quality talent.  8 of the top 15 NBA picks will end up as quality starters. The other 7 will wash out.  Just look at the past drafts.  The goal is to hit a generational talent or solid all-stars.  The Wizards are the only team rebuilding right now?  There's probably 5 to 8 teams doing the same thing as the Wizards.  

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Let’s see what the picks look like. Do you guys want Paul?

No.  No on Poole too, but maybe he can rehab his value with a run as a clear starter and be flipped in the future (young enough that he could be part of a future core in a fast rebuild I guess, but I see a fast rebuild as unlikely).

Would've preferred squeezing in Kuminga somehow, but but Poole plus picks seems like decent value for Paul.

Edit:  my bad, didn't realize that the question was being posed to GSW fans.  My take is from a DC fan obviously 

Edited by bearrock

Just now, Ball Security said:

Let’s see what the picks look like. Do you guys want Paul?

Sound like Dubs are trying to move JP to keep Dray and add a vet. Seems like a win win to me (short term). It'll be interesting to see what else is part of it. I think Kuminga is definitely someone they shouldn't trade...but I thought that about Wiseman. 

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

No.  No on Poole too, but maybe he can rehab his value with a run as a clear starter and be flipped in the future (young enough that he could be part of a future core in a fast rebuild I guess, but I see a fast rebuild as unlikely).

Would've preferred squeezing in Kuminga somehow, but but Poole plus picks seems like decent value for Paul.

I was asking a GS fan if they wanted Paul. I know he had to move. I don’t see it from a GS perspective except for addition by subtraction related to Poole.

Time to scout the U12 AAU circuit to see what the 2030 first rounder holds.

Who knows when they see that first rounder as it’s protected and GS may be on the downslope in 2030.

Edited by Ball Security

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

I was asking a GS fan if they wanted Paul. I know he had to move. I don’t see it from a GS perspective except for addition by subtraction related to Poole.

Time to scout the U12 AAU circuit to see what the 2030 first rounder holds.

I think CP,  Steph, and Klay closing games is something to look forward too. Plus they add a highly efficient passing guard to a highly efficient passing offense. The problem will be with D but let's not pretend Poole played much D. 

As an aside..can I say how much I hate that the NBA allows teams to protect future picks when they are traded?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

So now the Beal trade is effectively for Poole, a future first, a bunch of seconds, Shamet and Ryan Rollins.

Have you come across the final tally of seconds from Phoenix?

Doing the math in my head (so some rounding discrepancies) Beal had $217M left on his deal and Poole has $128M left on his.

So out goes Beal, Goodwin, Todd

In comes Poole, Rollins, Shamet, 2030+ first rounder, $90Mish, and a hodge podge of seconds.

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Have you come across the final tally of seconds from Phoenix?

Doing the math in my head (so some rounding discrepancies) Beal had $217M left on his deal and Poole has $128M left on his.

So out goes Beal, Goodwin, Todd

In comes Poole, Rollins, Shamet, 2030+ first rounder, $90Mish, and a hodge podge of seconds.

Suns are sending seconds in 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2030. Pick swaps in 2024, 2026, 2028 and 2030.

Edited by Always A Commander Never A Captain
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Those pick swaps in 2028 and 2030 are great. 

between the three trades since the GS trade is technically separate, they’ve collected 8 second round picks, a future first and 4 pick swaps of which only two are likely to be useful. 

Wow, I go for a massage and the Wizards make another deal haha. Jordan Poole....I think he is trash. Every time I watched a Warriors game he was turning the ball over like crazy. I don't know anything about Ryan Rollins. I like the draft picks though.