Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, Hersh said:

Those pick swaps in 2028 and 2030 are great. 

between the three trades since the GS trade is technically separate, they’ve collected 8 second round picks, a future first and 4 pick swaps of which only two are likely to be useful. 

Do pick swaps typically have protections to them?

Too bad we couldn’t coax a 2029 first from GS. We’ll miss out on a better chance for King Bacot. Who, through my two minutes of scouting, is the best prospect since Wembanyama.

9 minutes ago, SuperBash said:

So what picks do they actually have tonight? 

8, 35, 42 and 57?

Yes, that sounds right.

6 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Wow, I go for a massage and the Wizards make another deal haha. Jordan Poole....I think he is trash. Every time I watched a Warriors game he was turning the ball over like crazy. I don't know anything about Ryan Rollins. I like the draft picks though.

JP will be a double double machine (1 of them being turnovers) on 25 shots a night for the Wiz. Rollins played little for the Dubs as a Rookie (he's only 20) but is someone who could blossom for the Wiz if given playing time. He's alao coming off of a jones fracture to his foot that he had surgery on a few months ago. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Wait, this is year 5 of the Elias regime and that doesn’t include the prior year when they were dumping players mid season for pennies on the dollar. They haven’t made the playoffs yet (they will in year five). Or are you saying that the rebuild is successful if they get back to a game above .500 like the Orioles did last year.

The Sixers are a decade into the Process. No conference Finals appearances. Success?

Last year's trades of Mancini and Lopez proved to be good.  Lopez and Mancini have both cratered and the Lopez trade netted a good pitching prospect and Yennier Cano who's arguably been the most valuable reliever in the league so far this year.  

IMO, the rebuild was over last year after the promotion of Rutschman and were in the playoff hunt through September.   

In regards to the Sixers, I'd gladly take their last 10 years over anything the Wizards have done.  Does that make them a success?  Depends on who you ask.  

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Come on you guys! Let’s have an open mind about this!

See what they've done with PSG since 2011, a laughing stock. Those dudes think they can buy trophies with money. 😉

Edited by FrFan

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Folks think we were a bad team before, they ain't seen nothing yet...

For the next four seasons at least this team is going to be bad by design, I think

51 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

We got some mulch and theater tickets @Destino!

Don’t forget trail mix.

if this includes a first rounder to the wizards, I’m impressed. I feel bad for Jordan Poole though. He went from future star on a title team, to outcast after one bad playoff run.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Destino said:

For the next four seasons at least this team is going to be bad by design, I think

I actually think they are going to be too good.  I'm actually not quite sure what they are doing here.  Poole, Jones, and Shamet are all reasonable and even sort of good NBA players (good to reasonable in the order listed).

And that's part of why I think some people think they are getting bad value in these trades.

Memphis has some questionable contracts (Kennard and Williams).  It seems to me that they could have taken back some less good players and gotten more/better picks.

They resign Kuzma and get a real center (Lopez is FA), with they young guys that they could make a run at the play in.

Edited by PeterMP

7 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

They resign Kuzma and get a real center (Lopez is FA), with they young guys that they could make a run at the play in.

This is the last thing we want. They have been teetering on the line of maybe making the play in for 2 generations. What did that get them?   A pick too late to get a real difference maker.  I hope Poole plays well and can be dealt at the deadline for more picks,  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is the last thing we want. They have been teetering on the line of maybe making the play in for 2 generations. What did that get them?   A pick too late to get a real difference maker.  I hope Poole plays well and can be dealt at the deadline for more picks,  

I understand that.  That's why I said I'm not quite sure what they are doing.

Almost no matter how well Poole plays this year, I don't think you can really get anything for him.  I don't think anybody is going to believe in him enough off a season much less part of a season to give up much for him when he's on a bad team.

If he has 2 good years in a row and there are only 2 years left on that contract, then he starts to have some reasonable value.

If you want more than a 2nd round pick or a young player that has struggled, I think you will likely need to keep Poole for 2 years. 

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1