Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

13 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Would that mean that Paul wouldn’t be going to LAC? Or would getting Brogdon not affect that?

I don't think Paul can be packaged with another player since he was recently acquired, but he can be traded alone. Unless the rule has changed? Someone here might know more.

7 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

I don't think Paul can be packaged with another player since he was recently acquired, but he can be traded alone. Unless the rule has changed? Someone here might know more.

Right, what I meant was does LAC want Paul and Brogdon? Are we going to end up buying out Paul and get nothing in return?

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

Have to think Morris will be dealt/dumped too..

Agreed. No point in a 34 year old forward here. But someone else will want him. Maybe not at $17M. But Washington could buyout or eat a bit of his deal if another team if they'll give back some other assets. 

20 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yeah, I'm not down with this at all.

Personally, I don't believe this roster needed to be completely gutted.

You just needed to remove Beal (his salary).

KP has major injury risk. Gotta move him while he is a hot asset. Remember that we got him for nothing and the Mavs even threw in a 2nd round pick to move him. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I think we needed to start over from square one.  The problem with keeping Kuzma and Porzingis is their age.  At 27 years old, they aren't going to have the same career windows as the key guys we draft this year and next.

Kispert, Avdija, and Davis are the only guys left who are young enough to fit into the same window as our forthcoming high draft picks.  We have to try and salvage some value out of everyone else.  Sucks though, I liked Kuzma and Porzingis.  They are easy to root for.

5 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I like Unicorn, but this is first time in long time he's been even remotely healthy.  Law of averages suggest he won't play as many games as this year but possibly make more on a team that knows it won't be competitive with or without him.

I don't like the idea of tanking, but some do, and looks like they are getting what they want today.

I like Kuz, but didn't want to beg him with cash to stay...we aren't trying to back our way into a 10th seed and unfortunately this is what the alternative to that actually looks like. 

hooray-its-weekend.gif

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

I think we needed to start over from square one.  The problem with keeping Kuzma and Porzingis is their age.  At 27 years old, they aren't going to have the same career windows as the key guys we draft this year and next.

Kispert, Avdija, and Davis are the only guys left who are young enough to fit into the same window as our forthcoming high draft picks.  We have to try and salvage some value out of everyone else.  Sucks though, I liked Kuzma and Porzingis.  They are easy to root for.

Yup.  I'm going to miss KP.  He's an excellent player.  Too bad Boston's ownership group isn't cheap like Leonsis and is going to be a crap-load in luxury tax payments (something Leonsis has always loved as a recipient of it).  They needed to gut the team and give valuable PT to any player worth developing.  Boston became the EC favorites with this deal.  Miami, IMO, should have been all over this deal.  They could have offered Lowry+#17+filler.  KP would have been a huge upgrade for them.