Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

41 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

AS a Diehard Wizards fan it's hard to get excited knowing Kuzma wants out for a large payday and probably won't be around much longer. Kuzma is one of the few bright spots of this trash team.

anybody who has any leverage at all should want out. For the sake of their careers. Who would have thought that what most expected to happen, is happening? 🤮

• Sad 1

After watching a lot of NBA the last few days, it is so painfully apparent how untalented the Wizards are.  How can we keep possibly drafting these JAGs?  Hachimura, Kispert, Avdija, two top 10 picks and one top 15, and they are all meh.  I won't even mention Davis cuz he's not even worth talking about.  Oh and Troy Brown Jr., and he's not even on the team anymore.  I put that mostly on the front office but also on the coaching staff who suck at developing talent and getting players motivated.  And foremost on the players for being wack.  We draft so badly - that's the mark of an unsuccessful franchise.

Bradley Beal straight robbed the Wizards.  They guy is obviously talented but I was saying damn near five years ago that he was overrated and I stand by my words.  He's overrated, period.  Doesn't elevate the players around him or make the team better.  Turns the ball over constantly in key situations.  Don't think he is a leader either.  Should have been bold and not given him that contract.  The smart move would have been to trade him a few years ago, but the front office is too stupid to do that.  Now we have a 29.5 year old player making 43 mil a year that is going to keep increasing, and we will have to eat with him for the next however many years.  That's a team killer.

Our free agent signings are always wack too.  Remember the $80 million contract to Davis Bertans? 😆 Spencer Dinwiddie?  **** this franchise sucks.  I feel like I make the same post every year so sorry if I am being redundant.  It's just sad to watch a team I grew up rooting for so hard be this bad.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 2

has the Wizards throwback to the Bronze and Light Blue look done anything for their brand locally? Has anyone seen anybody wearing something new like a Beal Jersey in the retro design? or a hat? sweatshirt? Anything?

I see more Commanders schwag than I expected. Have seen ZERO Wizards stuff and they keep pushing it. 

make-fetch-happen_thumb.gif&f=1&nofb=1&i

• Thanks 1

You'll have to pardon my ignorance, I don't follow basketball much and only check in once a month or so to see how Washington is doing.

So...what happened to defense in this league?  I looked at the NBA standings and I see that every single team is both scoring and allowing over 100 points per game.  A significant number of teams are over 110 in both, and the Spurs are somehow allowing over 120 ppg.

Has the NBA just turned into the professional equivalent of watching Big 12 football?  Do people really find this defense optional version of the game fun to watch?

• Like 1

and Ted wants to own a baseball team too?

Tommy Sheppard is giving off strong Ernie vibes. Ted will never just let him go. But he should. What a terrible collection of players who can't either stay on the court or win enough when they are on the court. I'd firesale the **** out of this roster. Take pennies on the dollar just to not pick up other back contracts. Would take all the draft picks I can get even though they can't seem to scout and draft well with guys in the top half of the draft. So, picks anywhere else are just as unlikely to work.

• Like 1

Thing is, Kuz and Unicron are arguably the best best big men we've had this century, better then peak Nene or Gortat.

Having them, Beal, and still mediocre at best tells me they both gonna opt out.

Beal's career is gonna end in DC surrounded by scrubs similar to how Kobe went out.  If they both opt out, I'm fine with nuking this franchise from orbit.

only-way.gif

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Thing is, Kuz and Unicron are arguably the best best big men we've had this century, better then peak Nene or Gortat.

Having them, Beal, and still mediocre at best tells me they both gonna opt out.

Beal's career is gonna end in DC surrounded by scrubs similar to how Kobe went out.  If they both opt out, I'm fine with nuking this franchise from orbit.

only-way.gif

and if you were Kuz or Porginzy. You should want out today. If you can as much as possible for them today that again, aren't bad contracts of other players, Do it. I'd rather run the Go-Go out there for the rest of the season and maybe if I pray hard enough, Ted will look for a new Team Prez/GM and tell the guy he's finally ready to embrace a rebuild.

The Beal contract is already killing them. So **** it. Surround him with scrubs and the youngest guys you can for as long as you can. Maybe he'll demand out and wave whatever clauses he has. I doubt he can restructure anything to make it easier.

One of the biggest problems is that Beal isn't a true leader and every player knows he has a say in the organization. He's not out there holding others accountable and demanding that from others. And this organization needs a culture shift in the worst way. Losing is a way of the Wiz life and Tommy is just an extension of that. Won't change until a new GM comes in from outside the organization and cleans house.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Hersh said:

One of the biggest problems is that Beal isn't a true leader and every player knows he has a say in the organization. He's not out there holding others accountable and demanding that from others. And this organization needs a culture shift in the worst way. Losing is a way of the Wiz life and Tommy is just an extension of that. Won't change until a new GM comes in from outside the organization and cleans house.

Agreed. A few years ago I was at a game a 1 row off the floor behind the scorers table against Leonard when he was still in Toronto. You could hear the players talking to the refs. Beal whined constantly and loudly during breaks before going back on the court. None of the other players who went up to the refs sounded that complainy. Game went into overtime and they lost. But that was when Beal lost me.

and I know guys complain all the time trying to get calls. But if I was a ref, it would have turned me off bigly.

• Like 3

When Beal was openly flirting with Wall in the offseason about coming back, I thought there might be a chance here at a redemption arc on his character given how many felt towards Beal, including myself.

Push came to shove and he took every dime he could get out of us and the Wall to DC talk died with it.  One wants to believe if he had took less, looking at Walls contract with the Clippers, that wouldn't of been as much of a stretch to make that work.

But nooooooooo...😒

dave-chappelle-money.gif.a753101f138cf5bba6d04c607e137229.gif

Beal has what he wants, there's no indication he needs or wants anything else and it shows.  Building our franchise around him was a collasoul mistake, and this idea we couldn't get better so had to give it to him was the highest order loser talk move.

We looking at potentially multiple years of ugly ass purgatory if we can't get out that contract.  I despise tanking, but if it convinces Beal to ask for a trade, I'll make an exception.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 12/14/2022 at 8:59 PM, Forehead said:

You'll have to pardon my ignorance, I don't follow basketball much and only check in once a month or so to see how Washington is doing.

So...what happened to defense in this league?  I looked at the NBA standings and I see that every single team is both scoring and allowing over 100 points per game.  A significant number of teams are over 110 in both, and the Spurs are somehow allowing over 120 ppg.

Has the NBA just turned into the professional equivalent of watching Big 12 football?  Do people really find this defense optional version of the game fun to watch?

Defenses are actually good today.  It is just that every nba player is significantly skilled.  College ball is total trash.  None of those players can play for the most part.  

The Kuz news is fantastic. It's a giant **** you to Ted, Tommy and Beal. Another known player wanting nothing to do with being a Wiz is the only chance to ever maybe getting a change in the organization. 

I would be surprised if we don't see a trade sooner than later to move him. Ted is a **** like that and won't like the news. 

• Like 1

They say Ted doesn't tank but this team hasn't won in forever and kuzma is about to be traded. This team is legit wemby bad. Think about that. 

****ing pathetic ass franchise. 

22 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

This is why I don't want Ted owning the Nats....they'll forever suck like the Wiz

Wtf are you talking about. 

Ted's teams have a history of being mediocre. Ted would rarely let his teams tank. Ted owning the Nats would have more mediocrity and at least incentive to resign players, something the current owners up ship had shown very little interest in implementing. 

On 12/14/2022 at 8:59 PM, Forehead said:

Tbh league hasn't had defense since 2008 

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Wtf are you talking about. 

Ted Leonsis is a ****ty ass owner who won't be able to compete with the Mets and Braves when it comes to spending money. We would be like the Wizards - ranging from mediocre to ****ty and never realistically competing

The single positive he would bring would be having Monumental to televise games.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Ted Leonsis is a ****ty ass owner who won't be able to compete with the Mets and Braves when it comes to spending money. We would be like the Wizards - ranging from mediocre to ****ty and never realistically competing

The single positive he would bring would be having Monumental to televise games.

He would retain talent like abrams, gore et al. You know something the current regime has been loathe to do with harper, Turner, Scherzer et al. And if he controls monumental and they get the rights it'd mean a welcome divorce from the MASN deal (very corrupt!) and a very fair, very strong deal that makes a lot of money for the Nats. 

The caps spend plenty. Why can't the wizards? Because the league is rigged against small market teams like Washington. It's very unfair. He can try spending but the wizards haven't had a successful free agency acquisitions since Gilbert Arenas. 

Consider that. 

Edited by ixcuincle