Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

31 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

Sorry I struggle to trust Ernie, Im not sure what the vision is for the team tbh. Feels like we make moves to make moves.

No no I'm with you. My post was sarcasm.

I pretty much make John's face any time Ernie makes a move...

Wouldn't be mad at Nerlens Noel. He's in that Clint capela mold. No where near the complete player, but similar tools in some areas. And should be dirt cheap.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

No no I'm with you. My post was sarcasm.

Sorry didnt catch it...

Wouldn't be mad at Nerlens Noel. He's in that Clint capela mold. No where near the complete player, but similar tools in some areas.

I would be ok with this, think thats the type we need.  May slow down offense with out pick and roll, but Scott should be able to find something else to start the offense in half court. 

Just now, StillUnknown said:

Rivers is not good, but you can't expect to get quality when offloading ****

it is what it is

I didnt expect quality, I expected lateral, pf/center, for center... Not guard which we have a freakin abundance of... And when we just drafted a guard... 2 of them... Sure he can play SF but hes a swing....

5 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

I didnt expect quality, I expected lateral, pf/center, for center... Not guard which we have a freakin abundance of... And when we just drafted a guard... 2 of them... Sure he can play SF but hes a swing....

i don't expect grunfeld moves to make sense

gonna be pissed in a week or two when we package Otto & parts for Whiteside or Jordan. 

You might could sell me on Boogie, but his injury + our medical staff, the story writes itself

I see more Wall isn't a leader posts again.  What do yall want him to do?  How often do star players call rookies especially when they don't address the primary weakness of the team like they and others were begging Ernie for?  Wall calls the front office  out because the media wont.  I don't want to hear Ovi as an example, some of you diehard caps fans was serious about trading him not too long ago, Internet forgets nothing even if you do.

We gonna get a center somewhere or I'll support another wall tangant in a heartbeat.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I see more Wall isn't a leader posts again.  What do yall want him to do?  How often do star players call rookies especially when they don't address the primary weakness of the team like they and others were begging Ernie for?  Wall calls the front office  out because the media wont.  I don't want to hear Ovi as an example, some of you diehard caps fans was serious about trading him not too long ago, Internet forgets nothing even if you do.

We gonna get a center somewhere or I'll support another wall tangant in a heartbeat.

I agree, we dont even know where he is, maybe on his vacation he unplugged...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Hes not a leader bro lol. A good leader wouldn't have played into that Gortat mess when he was out and you know it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

I dont know about abundance.  Unless you think Meeks and this rookie people werent enthused about are good enough to hold it down on the second unit with Sato. 

Wall and Beal have basically had one season where they were both healthy all season.  So better than average chance one of 'em is going down.  Rivers will probably come in handy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Hes not a leader bro lol. A good leader wouldn't have played into that Gortat mess when he was out and you know it. 

Your equating leader with vocal leader. i disagree, he's more like Ryan Kerrigan and lead by example, the being vocal and up in your face is not him.  DJ Sweringer did that for us last year...

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Like that carebear Jordan or Brady who walks off without shaking hands whenever he loses in the superbowl.  I wouldn't say he's not good enough to be an asshole, I'm saying he'd have a ring in a better run organization and we aren't having this conversation. What are we comparing him to, LeBron?  The same guy who doesn't want one as big bigger then him around him so he can do what he wants?  Show me a checklist and which ones he's missing then, Wall is is not perfect, but I'm fine with the way he carrie's himself because you can tell he cares about the fans and bringing a ring to DC.  More then Gortat, that's for sure.

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont know about abundance.  Unless you think Meeks and this rookie people werent enthused about are good enough to hold it down on the second unit with Sato. 

Wall and Beal have basically had one season where they were both healthy all season.  So better than average chance one of 'em is going down.  Rivers will probably come in handy.

Sato filled in fine last year, you think rivers going to give you more? And Sato possibly on the up playing against NBA talent, rivers not...

See once again, making moves to make moves, sato was not our issue.  The fact we have 4 players making 46 mil who cant play is.... And they are all pf/centers... we got rid of one, but actually the only one who can run our offense. Keef shows up some games misses others(hated this trade from beginning) so i might be biased, but hes trash, mahammi what a waste, Scott offense only.. Thats way to much money tied in to at best role players to the big 3.

Edited by dcdiscokid

9 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

See once again, making moves to make moves, sato was not our issue.  The fact we have 4 players making 46 mil who cant play is.... And they are all pf/centers... we got rid of one, but actually the only one who can run our offense. Keef shows up some games misses others(hated this trade from beginning) so i might be biased, but hes trash, mahammi what a waste, Scott offense only.. Thats way to much money tied in to at best role players to the big 3.

Brooks clearly doesn't want to play Sato for whatever reason. Brooks ain't going anywhere and Sato is one our rare moveable assets. If he's not going to maximize his talents, might as well see what you can get for him

Feel the same way about Otto. Otto is a really good player, but for whatever reason, Brooks doesn't involve him much in the offense. A guy who shoots like Otto should have way more plays run for him than what we do. You can't pay him max dollars then not utilize him to the best of his ability. Either commit to doing that or move him.

I will never understand how Brooks' agent got that man 7mil per season, that should be his lead statement to any prospective client moving forward.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

:rofl89:

Replies to Wiz Twitter killing me...

Watching highlights of Rivers. Got some slick handles, and and a very fast first step. Good athlete. See what we do at center, but Rivers might not be that bad a pickup.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I will never understand how Brooks' agent got that man 7mil per season, that should be his lead statement to any prospective client moving forward.

I remember saying that was gong to haunt us and people on bulletsforever (and maybe here) telling me that we shouldn't be worried about what the team pays a coach.  The problem was always the inability to fire him, and I'd really like to see him fired.  He's an empty suit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Watching highlights of Rivers. Got some slick handles, and and a very fast first step. Good athlete. See what we do at center, but Rivers might not be that bad a pickup.

I like your optimism and normally I'd try to be there with you, but Rivers sucks.  I do not care for his game at all.

This trade is a sensible move because it's all about saving a couple million dollars in luxury tax money and getting rid of a chemistry problem.  Gortat is a far better player than Rivers, but he was done here.  He couldn't stay.  Mahinmi will start now.  As he should have been doing the past two seasons.  He's not a great option, but it's a better option than committing 30 million dollars to two centers who could never play a minute together, and paying the back up more.

But Mahinmi is made of glass and we're an awkward landing away from playing Jason Smith big minutes this season. 

Rivers is a bum.  Replacement level or below his entire career.  But he should at least be better than Jodie Meeks was last year.  Meeks looked washed up and it appears that his body can't handle the NBA grind any more.  He was a failed signing and giving him a second year player option was a costly mistake because it makes it hard for us to get under the tax.

I don't want to trade Porter for Cousins.  First off, I'm not sure how the mechanics of that work since Cousins is a FA.  But even if he wasn't, I don't want to trade for him.  Let Dallas max him out.  We don't need a C like Cousins, we need a C like Adebayo or Capela or , God Forbid, Rudy Gobert.

• Haha 1

****, I just looked at our roster and Sato is our only other guard behind Wall who can run point.  We're going to release the holds on Frazier, Lawson, and Sessions to save money.  Rivers is going to play a lot of minutes for us...

I'm a little less enthused about the move now.

How is our back up guard situation always so damn dire?