Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Game 7 @ Washington (May 18): Washington 107, San Antonio 105 (Bob Dandridge hits series-winning shot with 8 seconds remaining; Washington becomes the 3rd team in NBA history to overcome a 3–1 series deficit)

I don't know about you but after that game they should have stormed the old capital center. Potential for first conference final since 1979. That's insane. 

Edited by ixcuincle

16 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Today... Nothing makes sense but Game 7...

You are a big dude. You are going to at least need some DC wings with mumbo sauce, side of fries, and chinese ribs. 

I guess you could get away with tugging it for the other terrible response. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

You are a big dude. You are going to at least need some DC wings with mumbo sauce, side of fries, and chinese ribs. 

Game 7 Watch Party today at Public Bar in Dupont Circle  #dcfamily : https://www.facebook.com/events/1788296321392773/

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

DAMMIT KH!!

I'm on a diet man and you trying to mess me up. ??

• Like 1

I'm excited.  I'm so conditioned to expect the worst when it comes to DC teams.  If I'm being honest I expect us to lose, but there is a small kindling of hope in my heart.  I don't want to get too high because I've been thrown down a flight of stairs too many times in my life when it comes to DC sports.

19 minutes ago, Fight4RGIII said:

God I hope for all this buildup, that we don't come out like game 5 and it's over within minutes.

I'd be more nervous if we were at home. This town never wins big home games. I'm actually more optimstic we'll win because we're on the road.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fight4RGIII said:

God I hope for all this buildup, that we don't come out like game 5 and it's over within minutes.

If it helps, my gut feeling is the Wizards will not be able to match the intensity set by Boston and the crowd and the game will be over sooner than later.

Hopefully this will serve to jinx the situation.

I'm excited but not optimistic lol I'm more so nervous. If we'd have played better in Boston I'd be more optimistic. I felt like when it happened that when we lost game 2 that was our chance to steal the series. That said, it's game 7 and anything can happen. This is when stars are made. I can see Wall and Beal putting the team on their backs and gutting out a victory. Can't wait.

• Like 1

All we need is enough effort to win and after that is they still beat up then they deserve it.

I am strangely at easy at the moment myself but im not sure if thats because the game is 8 hours away or if I have seen what I wanted from this team for the most part and even losing a hard fought game wouldn't sour that for me too much.

We have to be seen as a premium off season location and rather you want to admit it to yourself or not thats what we have been playing for this season. Players these days are so **** made that they want to join a team for rings, not build one. Thus, you need to be seen as an contender, not up and coming, to attract premium talent. I think we are a good mix of both (Wall is in his prime, Beal still can get much better) and any cat that wants to beat, not join, Lebron and get a shot at the title can look at us RIGHT NOW as a destination to do that. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

All we need is enough effort to win and after that is they still beat up then they deserve it.

I am strangely at easy at the moment myself but im not sure if thats because the game is 8 hours away or if I have seen what I wanted from this team for the most part and even losing a hard fought game wouldn't sour that for me too much.

We have to be seen as a premium off season location and rather you want to admit it to yourself or not thats what we have been playing for this season. Players these days are so **** made that they want to join a team for rings, not build one. Thus, you need to be seen as an contender, not up and coming, to attract premium talent. I think we are a good mix of both (Wall is in his prime, Beal still can get much better) and any cat that wants to beat, not join, Lebron and get a shot at the title can look at us RIGHT NOW as a destination to do that. 

Yeah I'm at ease too. After missing the playoffs last year, I think 49 wins and a Game 7 in the 2nd round on the road is still a damn good season. Anything from here on out is a bonus.

Look at it this way: its May 15th, there are only five teams left playing in the NBA, and one of them is the Wizards. Pretty cool.

• Like 5

Pretty chill here, too.  Pressure isn't on us, it's on Boston.  If anybody is going to play anxious and overthinking, it's not going to be us.  We've proven we can curbstomp them, and have done it a couple times already, so a win really could happen.  I'll be fine regardless, we'll be back if we lose.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

We'll see if the DC sports curse is still in effect tonight. Losing two game 7's in one year would suck

Meh, I don't really classify the Wiz losing a Game 7 on the road as the 4 seed vs. the 1 seed a year after missing the playoffs entirely as "curse."

• Like 1

Literally having the curse convo in my group chat right now. My underlying point here is simple. Look how far the Wiz have come. You cant call it a curse even IF they lose. I remember when people used to LAUGH at us. Wall in particular. Literally we could do nothing right. 

Now look at what we are playing for. No curse here kids. 

• Like 1