Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

7 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

I don't buy that the Thunder were emotionally drained and unfocused.  Would this be the narrative if they lost by less than 10 points?  People (not saying you, SM) are making excuses for them and pretty much treating the squad w/ kid gloves JUST due to the circumstances of how KD left. 

"Oh, poor Russ...he has to should the load all by himself...." blah blah blah.  We talked about it a month or two back, and while him averaging a triple-double is impressive, he's stat padding beyond belief.  He's one of the best PGs in the league, but he's not running that team well.  Even after losing to the Warriors on Sat, I still got a vibe from Russ that as long as he "got" his, he was good. 

I think its easier to buy when you see that Golden State looked kinda the same way against Denver.  No team was beating Denver the way they shot from 3 last night, but Curry was badly missing wide open shots. that almost never happens

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

I think its easier to buy when you see that Golden State looked kinda the same way against Denver.  No team was beating Denver the way they shot from 3 last night, but Curry was badly missing wide open shots. that almost never happens

Except, why would GS be drained?  Durant maybe, but the rest of the team doesn't care about OKC or the Westbrook/Durant melodrama. 

3 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Did anyone else pick up on Barkley's halftime comment about Russell Westbrook in comparison to John Wall?  I can't quote him verbatim, but he was alluding to the point that he thinks that Russ' assists don't make anyone else on the floor better.  Stark contrast to what Wall is doing.  I think Russ is a top-3 PG in the league, but I can't have him as the front runner, or in front of Wall, in the MVP race. 

People have been complaining about Russ not being a PG since he came in the league.  I've always thought he was a square peg in a round hole in that role, and has elements of his game that are going to prevent him from truly manning that role like he should.

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Dont buy it. that was the 3rd time OKC and GS have played against each other this year. ( btw, the other two times OKC followed up with wins, where as GS split with Houston and LAL) Its just an excuse for being beat like a drum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Westbrook has to play PG, he isn't a good enough shooter to be a SG and is too small to play SF. Plus, he has to have the ball in his hands. He is an ideal player on a run n'gun team, but OKC doesn't have the pieces for that.

He's basically a bigger Allen Iverson, who was a SG during his best years when they had him at SG and Eric Snow as PG. 

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They weren't slighting us.  We got lumped in with Golden State and Cleveland as part of the three game murderers row that OKC faced.  It was them acknowledging that a beat down was inevitable against a team like us.

Commentators take us seriously now.

Legler was talking them up as the best threat to Cleveland now.  Them or Toronto after the trade.

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Westbrook is a beast. The team around him is absolute garbage. If he doesn't play like a megastar every night they have 0 chance.

We exposed the hell out of that team, they have a losing record when he doesn't get a triple double.  I thought they weren't playing well, thought last time we saw them they were a better team.  Agree we caught 'em at a good time, but we've been slicing people up at home lately, no matter who you are.

Edited by Renegade7

7 hours ago, Destino said:

Raptors got better.  Is Ernie going to make a move?

They did get better.  PF was a serious weakness.  But Ibaka isn't a game changer and they paid a heavy price for him AND he might be a rental.  Ross was their best bench player and Norman Powell isn't ready to replace him yet.  And they're going to have to break the bank to keep Ibaka this summer to make the trade worthwhile, and that's a ****ty situation.  Ibaka has been regressing for three years and there is no way he's only 27.  I'm 30 and that dude is older than me.  This is a picture of him with KD and Westbrook when they were all "young."  He's supposed to be a year younger than them looks like he could be their mom's boyfriend:

lgXOQKr.jpg

I'm not worried about this move.  I think this makes them worse in the long term.  In the short term, Ibaka gives them an edge over us at PF, but we're better than them at every other position.  We'll still eat their souls if we match up in the post season and we always will.

• Like 3

Here are the realistic choices to help this bench:

1. Lou Williams: Personally, he is too high in demand and I think we will get outbid. Would like to have him here though. 2018 1st + Nicholson.

2. Will Barton: Would love to have him here more than Lou, but I think the Nuggets are gearing up to give him a real contract. Priced out.

3. Jahil Okafor: I have already stated my case about him. But unless Mahinmi shows some skill thursday, I think we are stuck for now.

4. Brandon Knight: Was a pretty good combo guard prospect 2 years ago in Milwaukee. Surely he could be a step up from our dregs. That contract though...

5. Marcus Morris: Detroit has Tobias Harris and Stanley Johnson locking down the starting unit, with Jon Leuer and Morris duking it out for the backup spots at the 3/4. His contract is awesome, and Marcus + Markeif has been a great pairing. I would love to see the brothers grim bully Boston in the playoffs. We could anchor the bench with the two, keep the 2017 1st to use on a 2 guard, and give House/Mclellan a chance to take over for Burke.

6. Bojan Bogdanovic: The guy is not afraid to rip it, can hit the 3, and is huge. He would be my sleeper trade.

Edited by Skin'emAlive
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

Which of the twins would start, though?

Keef already has the chemistry with the starters. Dont mess up a good thing. 

The only problem with picking up his brother is if one of them has a falling out with someone on the squad. Thats how it messed up the first time.