Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/randy-wittman-job-status-update-john-wall-injury-morning-tip-5-takeaways-wizards-loss-sixers

John Wall is hurt. He won't complain about it and Wittman wouldn't say it in these exact words but it's evident. He has a bit of a limp because of a swollen right ankle that has bothered him before the All-Star break and he has yet to miss a game. It's not the All-Star Game that was a problem for Wall but all of the sponsor appearances he did in New York which kept him on his feet and didn't allow his ankle the rest to properly heal. When the post-All-Star games began, his ankle wasn't much better and without Bradley Beal (stress reaction, right leg) he's probably being relied on too heavily to carry the offense (26 shots vs. Philadelphia).

From the best Wizards season of my quarter century following them to the most disappointed. And boom. Just like that. Being sick and hospitalized for a bit has kept me out of this thread but even without that, just got to stay away. I don't handle extreme highs to lows well, AT ALL, and this is right up there with RGIII's career.

Randy is good as gone right? Any ideas on the replacement? I have no idea. Would rather go the Atlanta route then Detroit or Sactown. Word us Thibs is good as gone in Chicago. They tried to sneak him in here before. He's got to be the favorite at this d point in my uneducated opinion.

DO NOT WANT THIBS.

He's fine but his personality has a way rubbing players the wrong way.

Plus, I want a creative, offensiveminded coach.

Yeah they have no chance against Atlanta, Toronto or Cleveland. They will get swept.

The way they are playing now, they'd be swept by any playoff team. They can't beat anyone right now and are entirely lost on the court. Unless something changes they could miss the playoffs.

If they lose 10 of 12 again the playoffs won't be a forgone conclusion.

• Like 1

DO NOT WANT THIBS.

He's fine but his personality has a way rubbing players the wrong way.

Plus, I want a creative, offensiveminded coach.

Plus Thibs kills players physically.

It seems like Butler has forgotten how to shoot.  How does that happen?  His coming of the bench and lighting things up really helped this team.  Now he's a liability.

He was a tryout player.

Just by him playing well in November and December was more than enough performance from Butler for the entire season. He will forever get an A+ rating from me.

The problem is Randy still thinks its November and December and wants to give him the same minutes instead of decreasing his time.

Edited by JoeWolf990

This first quarter is the team we remember from earlier in the year. They're aggressive and physical and the front court is running circles around theirs with superior skill. Now the bench needs to come in and play well and we need to keep this intensity for each quarter.

Good shooting is contagious.

That was a superstar quarter from Wall. Incredible.