Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Watching NBA TV and Isiah gave props to Elvin Hayes... Number 2 all time in double doubles.

Steve Smith and Isiah Thomas giving mad props to John Wall... puting time in film room, etc... although he said Wittman (his backcourt mate in Indiana?) a great teacher.

Seraphin won us that game. He's having a solid January.

The dude catches an unbelievable amount of hate on RealGM. Stat-humpers or flat out haters with a pretty limited perspective about him. One thing almost none of them seem to realize is that every line up requires a player that can nut up and score, and as such, creative scoring ability is the single most valuable skill set in the league and nothing else comes remotely close. They essentially think that all box score production is created equally and that should be absurd nonsense to anyone who watches the sport regularly. Andre Drummond dunking the ball after catching it at the rim is not equal to DeMarcus Cousins catching the ball in the high post and blowing by his defender and scoring over the help.

Seraphin has quietly become the go to scorer for the second unit because, when defenses are set and nothing is going right for the offense, Seraphin can nut up and score. He gets killed for sparking opposing runs with turnovers or bad fouls, but gets zero credit for ending opposing runs during all those times where he's the only Wizard with a field goal for four and five minute stretches.

And the dude is getting better. He's still learning the post game and that takes ages. Came into the league raw as hell too. But he's making legit strides as a low post scorer to the point where he's now a pretty good option. Certainly better than any other early to mid 20s back up C that I can think of. And he can shoot and is an excellent FT shooter.

Every time I read someone say something to the effect of "Seraphin is one of the worst players in the league" they're holding up a sign saying "I don't know what I'm talking about."

I was a little blitzed last night but we really did beat The Spurs last night after they beat us 17 straight times?! 

We handn't beat them since '05?  That's a Hell of a streak and one I'm glad to see go away.  Every tome the Spurs tried to creep back in it the Wiz shut the door.  Very satisfying win.   

I apologise if this has already been touched on recently. Been a little preoccupied with...life. Wanted to post about it now while on my mind...

980's NBA/Wizards insider Michael Adams in studio right now. Asking him about our now-open 15th roster spot and what we should do with it: keep it open for the chance Pierce can convince Allen to come aboard? Or do something with a PG since Miller is so hot and cold these days (or young and old)?

I think I like Adams' idea and don't recall seeing him name mentioned before: Nate Robinson. What you all think?

Nice, nice win.   Go ahead and beat some more Western contenders.   Make me happy.

Want to see something interesting/depressing?   Look at this:

13cfz8O.jpg

The worst team in the NBA West over the last 20 years?   The Dubs.

The worst team in the NBA East over the last 20 years?  The Wiz.

Has the worm finally turned?  Dare we believe??????