Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It was an odd little foot note to the game, but I think it's interesting that Rose hit a half court shot and Beal hit a 3/4 court shot. Beal's didn't count since the foul happened before the shot. But it's pretty damn ridiculous that Beal attempted that shot after the reach in foul as sort of a muscle memory response of trying to draw FTs--and nailed it. He's one of the best long range shooters we've ever had. I bet he shoots over 50% from three one year, on like 7 attempts a game.

John Wall calls his move the "cut dribble." I like it. That + the behind the back crossover to change hands that he does against numbers in transition + the 360 lay up = his signatures.

I read an article that said Wall worked on the move with Drew Gooden in practice to get it to where he could use it in games. That alone makes Gooden worth his contract. Plus seeing Wall start posting up, you know that's coming from Andre Miller if for no other reason than osmosis.

If Wall gets a post game, he'd be unbelievable. At his size? Defenses would have to start slapping twos and threes on him.

I have to be up by 5am three days out of the week. Unfortunately, today was one of those days. I went to sleep at the end of the first when Rose hit that half court shot...

So to wake up and see that we won, and dominated the 3rd was a welcoming sight for me. Looking at the box score, I see it was a nice all around team effort.

I get up at 5:30 everyday of the work week. Come on man. Don't sleep your life away son.!!!!

Just messing with you. I've never required more than 6 hours of sleep.

• Like 1

John Wall calls his move the "cut dribble." I like it ...

I read an article that said Wall worked on the move with Drew Gooden in practice to get it to where he could use it in games. That alone makes Gooden worth his contract.

Here's a couple of views of it:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/6287C4B8B71166964206323564544_30c307103b2.1.5.15503680961523810559.mp4?versionId=TWE0J3REV4uFViNKRKVp9sFM6w7nzYHJ

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/B6DC0250211165529871905419264_3433291cb66.1.5.1847339966255577101.mp4?versionId=zt7YzfcM9mhrNm1pBj1oBxWROmyhMwjC

Edited by Dan T.

Started talking about this on RealGM, wanted to bring it over here too. This offseason, we need to find a Cory Joseph or Patty Mills type IMO. A confident ball handler that can hit threes and play next to either Beal or Wall depending on who is resting.

Ideally we would find a player like that before the trade deadline but I can't really think of any who are out there.

We've got most of the personnel we need to run a fantastic offense. We just need Beal to develop as a ball handler, Porter to develop as a long range shooter, a quality combo guard, and maybe a PF that can hit some threes. If we get those things our offense could become unstoppable.

Cut Dribble >>> Crab Dribble.

Mmm hmm. It looks fancier as well.

I get up at 5:30 everyday of the work week. Come on man. Don't sleep your life away son.!!!!

Just messing with you. I've never required more than 6 hours of sleep.

If it was just work, I would be cool. But I have to work from 6-10, then go to school from 11-12:20, then back to work from 1-3, then back to school from 4:5:30. Thank goodness the gas prices went down.

Started talking about this on RealGM, wanted to bring it over here too. This offseason, we need to find a Cory Joseph or Patty Mills type IMO. A confident ball handler that can hit threes and play next to either Beal or Wall depending on who is resting.

I kind of know what you mean. I was talking to somebody last week, and I told them, it would be nice to have somebody like Jamal Crawford on team.

I can't think of anybody besides him,

I have to be up by 5am three days out of the week. Unfortunately, today was one of those days. I went to sleep at the end of the first when Rose hit that half court shot...

So to wake up and see that we won, and dominated the 3rd was a welcoming sight for me. Looking at the box score, I see it was a nice all around team effort.

C'mon bro!  I get up at 4:45 every day...still stuck with them till the end of the game. 

(I'm paying for it now...just had some green tea for a quick caffene jolt LOL)

• Like 1

C'mon bro!  I get up at 4:45 every day...still stuck with them till the end of the game. 

(I'm paying for it now...just had some green tea for a quick caffene jolt LOL)

Man, I was in class nodding off about 10 minutes ago. I went to sleep at nine. Next time, I'm just going to stay up. Eff that...

I'm not sure I can believe this, but apparently Tristan Thompson turned down a 4 year 52 million dollar contract good for 13 a year. WTF?

Makes me feel pretty good about what we're paying Nene and Gortat.

Here's another thing that's interesting about Thompson turning down the $.  He's represented by Lebron's agent, Rich Paul...who is also Lebron's boy from childhood. 

Not 100% sure, but I think Kyrie is also represented by Paul as well. 

Cavs offer one thing, Lebron and Paul in Thompson's ear about getting more....the more I think about it, the more I realize that not much has changed in the Cavs organization as far as the inmates running the asylum. 

• Like 1

Here's another thing that's interesting about Thompson turning down the $.  He's represented by Lebron's agent, Rich Paul...who is also Lebron's boy from childhood. 

Not 100% sure, but I think Kyrie is also represented by Paul as well. 

Cavs offer one thing, Lebron and Paul in Thompson's ear about getting more....the more I think about it, the more I realize that not much has changed in the Cavs organization as far as the inmates running the asylum.

Yeah... that's the kind of mess that lost them LeBron the first time.

Cleveland also picked #1/#1 three times in four years and might end up with only a fully-paid Kyrie Irving to show for it. Pretty damning evidence of organizational dysfunction and incompetence.

Doesn't seem so bad to be a Wizards fan any more.

Another thing, LeBron seems to be operating as if player salaries are about to balloon because of the TV deal. If any player would know what's going to happen there, it'd be him right? Might be smart for us to go ahead and try and lock Beal up long term to a just below max deal early if we can. Probably save us a ton of money on his second deal.

I get by on about 5 hours of sleep most nights but I worry about how it will effect my health later in life. I'm a morning person so getting up isn't usually too bad but by 4 or 5 o'clock I'm a zombie.

Oh I promise that nobody here can **** with my sleep issues. Hell just had a seizure, looking like sleep (lack thereof) played a part.

I got a theory. We all are set to die the same age. Let's say 80 years. So you're supposed to sleep a certain number of hours of sleep a night. Let's say 8 hours. So every hour short of 8 you get a night is an hour off that set 80 years set lifespan. Hopefully that make sense? It's hard swyping out a life philosophy on ES on your phone while driving on 66.

Yeah... that's the kind of mess that lost them LeBron the first time.

Cleveland also picked #1/#1 three times in four years and might end up with only a fully-paid Kyrie Irving to show for it. Pretty damning evidence of organizational dysfunction and incompetence.

Doesn't seem so bad to be a Wizards fan any more.

Another thing, LeBron seems to be operating as if player salaries are about to balloon because of the TV deal. If any player would know what's going to happen there, it'd be him right? Might be smart for us to go ahead and try and lock Beal up long term to a just below max deal early if we can. Probably save us a ton of money on his second deal.

Hmmm...never really thought of that.  Makes sense as to why he'd want Thomson to hold out for more $. 

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/01/15/fundamentals-john-wall-moves-forward

As recently as last season, John Wall was largely a theoretical defensive presence. One could plainly see the tools through which Wall might someday make his defensive ascent: the breakneck speed, the preposterous (6-foot-9!) wingspan, the pesky hands. Yet in the moment, Wall lacked mortar. There were gaps in his play on the defensive end that rendered him more of an occasional factor -- inconsistent both from night to night and play to play.

This is changing, and with it the nature of Wall's stardom. Wall is a remarkable playmaker, able to see the development of a play in a way few can and he's physically capable of executing truly spectacular sequences. He's a marvel. But every one-way player (even one like Wall who wasn't exactly a liability on D) faces a ceiling on how much good they could reasonably do for their team. Wall is slowly but surely pushing that artificial boundary, and in the process becoming a more integral part of what makes the Wizards so dangerous.

much more in the link

• Like 1

Cs bought out Nate Robinsons contract, making him a FA. Wiz, cavs, clips, and heat are interested.

Maybe not. More reliable source:

Nate Robinson would like to play for the #Wizards, but the team isn’t currently interested and hasn’t reached out, according to two sources.

Wizards aren't moving on the open roster spot until they know Ray Allen's plans. Anything else is speculation #WizardsTalk #NBA @CSNWizards

Edited by STBonecrusher21